The JBL Bullying Allegations Thread

HeLLBlaZer#14

Former WWE Star Johnny Nitro Says JBL Asked Him To Steal Justin Roberts' Passport

As noted, former WWE Ring Announcer, Justin Roberts, wrote a book that included a story about his passport being stolen, claiming that JBL had something to do with it. JBL took to Twitter yesterday to deny that claim saying, "I won't answer Net rumors-but I didn't take Justin Roberts passport. Could have been anyone/he was hated by the whole crew. He's an idiot."

Later that same day an article came out on Deadspin, which included Lucha Underground's Johnny Mundo (previously known as Johnny Nitro in WWE) who talked about how JBL asked him and his MNM partner, Joey Mercury, to take Roberts' passport.

"JBL asked me and my partner to steal [Justin's] passport, and we didn't. JBL was one of the main event guys at the time, and I don't remember exactly what Justin Roberts did to become the target for the hazing of this specific oversea trip, but JBL asked me and Joey to snag Justin's passport."

Johnny feared he was put in a place where if he didn't go along with JBL's plan, he and Joey could be a target next.

"I remember it 'being a thing,' you know? We were looking at Justin, he was a few rows ahead of us on this plane, sleeping. We were like, 'What do we do?'"

In the end, they decided not to go through with the plan.

"Ultimately, we considered the options, and wound up deciding to not do it. This is a weird thing for a wrestler to say, especially in that era, but I usually went by the golden rule. I wouldn't have appreciated someone doing that to me, especially someone I considered a peer."

Aside from his tweet mentioned above, JBL hasn't made any further comments on this topic.

http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2017/04/former-wwe-star-johnny-nitro-says-jbl.html

i think we are gonna start seeing others come out with storys of JBL' bullshit now. thats the way it goes. when one person has the guts to 'spill the beans' others come out.

lol cuck

excuse me? what the *Censored* did i do to deserve a comment like that?

Not you. Morrison, the subject of the article.

MRN, chill lmao.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Sure.

Find it hilarious that articles are dragging how JBL treats Bryon into this as well. It's like you guys are also fighting for heel characters to tone their shit down.

Vince McMahon/WWE punishing someone for something Vince McMahon/WWE has done before? Unheard of, right? Steroids? Nah. Racism? Nah.

You saying 'you guys' says a lot, tbh.

PC era.

Legit can't believe that though. People used to complain about how limited heels are these days. Now they're complaining that they need to be limited even more. The best damn thing about Graves, for example, is him ripping on other characters. Same with JBL.

Honest question. Do YOU want to see characters refrain from bullying each other as well?

...and people used to love hearing the behind the scenes rib stories. Half the podcasts speak about that stuff and now they're going to be toned down as well. *Censored*.

Commentators don't really need to be Heel or Face. They're commentators. They should narrate the show, not be a part of it.

Obviously little bickering is fine. But bringing up real life problems on internet and insulting these people? Totally uncalled for.

Eh, that's subjective though. I love heel and face commentators and would hate to see that formula change.

JBL never brought up the depression stuff?

Every time someone says something about "dis PC era" when trying to defend someone being a horrible *censored*, all it really translates to is "let me be an asshole dammit! Stop bullying me into not bullying people!". At least, in my experience of course.

I'm talking about articles bringing up how JBL treats people on television. But yeah, this pc era is trying to censor a lot of shit. Including wrestling movies, video games and hey, even harmless dog videos on Facebook. It's a bit more than your simple description.

...and people used to love hearing the behind the scenes rib stories. Half the podcasts speak about that stuff and now they're going to be toned down as well. *Censored*.

Ah yes, what a shame we won't get to hear stories about people getting pencils shoved up their asses, getting harassed in the showers, getting their passports stolen or getting their personal belongings literally shat on.

Pro wrestlings been using that formula for over 20 years though so I doubt it's going anywhere.

correction. WWE's been using that formula for over 20 years.

Most other promotions have always kept their commentators out of storylines and insults.

I mean as far as playing heel or face roles at the commentary table. WCW did it too.

Pro wrestlings been using that formula for over 20 years though so I doubt it's going anywhere.

correction. WWE's been using that formula for over 20 years.

Most other promotions have always kept their commentators out of storylines and insults.

I mean as far as playing heel or face roles at the commentary table. WCW did it too.

To copy WWE and it faild miserably :P

Wow...just read an article on Bleeding Cool, which is a comic book website, about how JBL and the old school style of backstage hazing and shit-talking needs to leave WWE. You know things are serious when a site that normally has nothing to do with pro wrestling starts calling shit like it is. :lol:

Lol. Sure.

Find it hilarious that articles are dragging how JBL treats Bryon into this as well. It's like you guys are also fighting for heel characters to tone their shit down.

Vince McMahon/WWE punishing someone for something Vince McMahon/WWE has done before? Unheard of, right? Steroids? Nah. Racism? Nah.

You saying 'you guys' says a lot, tbh.

PC era.

Legit can't believe that though. People used to complain about how limited heels are these days. Now they're complaining that they need to be limited even more. The best damn thing about Graves, for example, is him ripping on other characters. Same with JBL.

Honest question. Do YOU want to see characters refrain from bullying each other as well?

stuff like stealing someone's passport is taking it too far though. Some things should be off-limits, and making fun of something like depression and taking passports without intention to give it back are two of them.

JBL can go die in a hole tbh. Shitty wrestler, meh mic worker (yeah yeah, don't piss your pants), and an absolute shithole of a human being.

????

what is the male sign supposed to tell me?

Shit. Supposed to be a facepalm.

At "Meh mic worker". Your opinions when it comes to wrestling trip me out sometimes.

JBL can go die in a hole tbh. Shitty wrestler, meh mic worker (yeah yeah, don't piss your pants), and an absolute shithole of a human being.

????

At "Meh mic worker". Your opinions when it comes to wrestling trip me out sometimes.

By today's standards he's meh on the mic

???

What? Today's standards are even worse than previous generations. By today's standards JBL is even better on the mic.

????

He just doesn't really act. Look at him IRL (I don't mean "off kayfabe" wrestling videos, I mean literally stuff from his private life. There is zero difference. He just talks and says whatever seems the shittiest thing to do. That's NOT hard. It's the same when people say Vickie was a good heel. People just HATE her voice, and she sounds just as annoying IRL. Sure she's more screamy but still. As much as I liked him but the same goes for Reigns when he was in NXT. I think he's suitable for a heel but there's no actual performance. It's not hard to be unlikable when you're just unlikable and blurt out your lines.

Though even if he was CM Punk, Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes combined on the mic, the man's just a pos, mang. How many people have been bullied by him? Like easily ten or so that opened up about it, I'm sure there's many more who just never got to a point of relevance where people would listen. *Censored* that guy.

???

Lmao what...

Today's standards pale in comparison to back then. Not many on the current roster can even come close to his 2004 heel reign as champion.

We have John Cena, The Miz and AJ Styles killing it on the mic but who else? Rollins, Joe, Ambrose and New Day. I guess Enzo.

I'd say JBL is easily better than the second bunch I listed with the possible exception of Xavier Woods.

????

He just doesn't really act. Look at him IRL (I don't mean "off kayfabe" wrestling videos, I mean literally stuff from his private life. There is zero difference. He just talks and says whatever seems the shittiest thing to do. That's NOT hard. It's the same when people say Vickie was a good heel. People just HATE her voice, and she sounds just as annoying IRL. Sure she's more screamy but still. As much as I liked him but the same goes for Reigns when he was in NXT. I think he's suitable for a heel but there's no actual performance. It's not hard to be unlikable when you're just unlikable and blurt out your lines.

Though even if he was CM Punk, Jake Roberts and Dusty Rhodes combined on the mic, the man's just a pos, mang. How many people have been bullied by him? Like easily ten or so that opened up about it, I'm sure there's many more who just never got to a point of relevance where people would listen. *Censored* that guy.

9/10 wrestlers claim that their wrestling characters are just themselves dialed up. You can add John Cena, Stone Cold and The Rock to the "doesn't really act" list.

Eh, I'm not going to hate him for that. I bet JBL's one of many with a long history of bullying. I mean, Vince himself was making fun of Roberts for the passport thing. Hardcore Holly, Randy Orton, Bubba Ray and more have done similar shit. Literally in Orton's case. I bet the internet would be losing their shit at some of the road stories, ribs and details of stuff we haven't heard.

There's a difference though. iirc Holly was also pretty unpopular in the locker for how far he dialed up the behavior. There's a difference in ribbing and actual bullying, I think people forget that because the word bullying is used so liberaly. Constantly shitting on a person and rallying people against them is just not an okay thing to do.

9/10 wrestlers claim that their wrestling characters are just themselves dialed up. You can add John Cena, Stone Cold and The Rock to the "doesn't really act" list.

Eh, I'm not going to hate him for that. I bet JBL's one of many with a long history of bullying. I mean, Vince himself was making fun of Roberts for the passport thing. Hardcore Holly, Randy Orton, Bubba Ray and more have done similar shit. Literally in Orton's case. I bet the internet would be losing their shit at some of the road stories, ribs and details of stuff we haven't heard.

But we haven't heard them soooooooooo.......

Also it seems generally accepted that Orton is a douche, or at least used to be. And I guess that's the difference between JBL and the others, he's STILL doing this shit, and has been for like...20 years?

And I can't believe there's a need to distinguish between ribbing and bullying.

'Remember that time Michael Hayes' ponytail got cut off? Ha ha so funny!'

'Remember that time JBL threatened to rape someone in the shower? Ha ha so funny!'

I'm taking things I'm reading off reports and comments on 411mania. I don't know the difference but everything, even kayfabe and reality, is being blended at this point to get him fired.

People are bringing ribbing into it. People are bringing how JBL treats Bryon on television into it. People are even saying JBL's speech when inducting Teddy was RACIST. Like what...

Archived