Official Mae Young Classic Discussion Thread

E#37

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that the nxt and main roster women that are already featured on tv won't be in the tournament but rather women that are signed but didn't debutet yet so they can introduce them to the crowd through the tournament along the new talent that joins in.

Safe bets from the outside so far are probably Jinny, Mia Yim, Candice La Rae, Rachael Ellering, Deonna Purrazo, Kairi Hojo, Santana Garrett and Thea Trinidad.

I really hope that the nxt and main roster women that are already featured on tv won't be in the tournament but rather women that are signed but didn't debutet yet so they can introduce them to the crowd through the tournament along the new talent that joins in.

Safe bets from the outside so far are probably Jinny, Mia Yim, Candice La Rae, Rachael Ellering, Deonna Purrazo, Kairi Hojo, Santana Garrett and Thea Trinidad.

If the prize is a shot at the NXT Women's Championship, the NXT Women's Champion by the time of the tournament finals (which should be after Summerslam and hopefully not Auska) should confront the winner.

You forgot The Girl With The Shiniest Wizard. :P

Evie is already signed. Her, Nixon Newell, Demi Bennett and Kairi Hojo are on their way to the Performance Center and NXT. Kimber Lee is a lock for this tournament. I can see Lacey Evans, Bianca Blair and Crazy Mary Dobson in this tournament for sure. Maybe the newly renamed Sonya Deville and maybe Mandy Rose?

From Diva-Dirt

"As announced last month, WWE will be hosting a womens tournament this summer!

The tournament will feature 32 different women from 17 different countries, and it will be showcased only on the WWE Network.

New details, courtesy of PWInsider have cropped up, detailing that the tournament will be taped on July 13th and 14th at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida.

The tournament will not be released weekly, and instead will come out as sets for fans to binge on the WWE Network. This strategy has been used for shows such as Camp WWE and Swerved, two shows proven to be popular amongst fans.

The finals are likely to be filmed live to avoid spoilers surfacing on the internet.

The 32 women tournament will follow a similar format to that of last years Cruiserweight Classic with a focus on the international talents from 17 countries. Current talent participants are already going through the traditional background checks that take place before WWE offers deals as well.

Weve also been asking you for your wish list for the tournament and received some pretty interesting answers!

Are you excited for the tournament? Who do you wish to see in it? Let us know your views in the comments below!"

You forgot The Girl With The Shiniest Wizard. :P

OMG! How could I! :o

I'm ashamed right now! --__--

Nixon Newell ladies and gents! :D

I wonder if we'll see former UFC fighter Shayna Baszler in the tournament. She's been on Total Divas training Nikki Bella, is friends with Natalya and has already been mentioned in the WWE as one of Ronda Rousey's Four Horsewomen.

Then again, her age (she's 36) and the fact that she's had a late start in wrestling may prevent her from appearing in the tournament.

I wonder if we'll see former UFC fighter Shayna Baszler in the tournament. She's been on Total Divas training Nikki Bella, is friends with Natalya and has already been mentioned in the WWE as one of Ronda Rousey's Four Horsewomen.

Then again, her age (she's 36) and the fact that she's had a late start in wrestling may prevent her from appearing in the tournament.

I REALLY hope they won't look at her Age cause this woman is awesome!

For someone that only trained for 2 years, she is very good in the ring and had great matches in Stardom and Shimmer so far! :)

Also the WWE seems to wanna pull Mia Yim and Marti Bell in the tournament which I hope they will.

Like you guys already mentioned Evie is a safe bet too which get's me even more excited about the tournament. :)

New details, courtesy of PWInsider have cropped up, detailing that the tournament will be taped on July 13th and 14th at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida.

The tournament will not be released weekly, and instead will come out as sets for fans to binge on the WWE Network. This strategy has been used for shows such as Camp WWE and Swerved, two shows proven to be popular amongst fans.

The finals are likely to be filmed live to avoid spoilers surfacing on the internet.

Interesting that they decide to do it this way, was hoping it would be a weekly series but atleast this way it won't drag out like the CWC did at times.

Her next title defense in 3 days should be telling if she stays or not.

It's the first real threat she has had at that title in quite some time were she could actually lose it. And Stardom would actually be comfortable with the challenger coming out as champion.

I want to go to this. So bad.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Jim Ross contract is for a specified number of dates, so he wont be doing any 52 week per year shows unless he signs a new deal. Hes doing commentary for the UK show, but will be doing that from the WWE Studios since the matches have already been taped. By doing it this way, Ross can knock out several episodes in one date. The site adds that Ross will likely be the lead announcer for the Womens tournament as well.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/jim-ross-likely-to-do-commentary-for-the-wwes-womens-tournament/

Squared Circle Sirens on the debut of their audio show "Tournament Talk" thinks the color commentator will be a woman like Lita or Alundra Blaze.

The backstage interviewer for the tournament will probably either be Charly or Dasha. Or a male like Mike "Tom" Rome. They have so many backstage interviewers, they might as well use all of them.

Kind of hoping it isn't Jim Ross unless they sit him down with a stack of DVDs and get him to become familiar with the talents in the tournament. His commentary on indie shows have been really lackluster from what I've seen. Comes off as reading from a script and lacks any real emotion.

Archived