Official Mae Young Classic Discussion Thread

E#37

I guess I just don't get it.

Seems like a waste to use the MYC to propel a faction storyline like this. Bayley is injured. Sasha is... being Sasha - I haven't seen her be involved hardly at all in this. Becky has a thing with Cyborg, apparently - whatever that's supposed to be - is one of the MMA 4HW Cyborg? I don't know, I don't watch UFC or even MMA. I don't have any idea who the other MMA 4HW are and I'm not about to go look it up because I quite honestly don't care enough.

At best, I think it would have to be decided in a Survivor Series type elimination tag match. Outside of that, I have zero interest whatsoever. I have minimal interest in this to begin with. This whole thing reeks of "HHH loves his big musclar women".

I kind of figured that the MYC was going to be some kind of padding for the NXT Women's division. I expected Kairi to go all the way, and then eventually be put into a program with Asuka to then eventually dethrone her. I would have watched that. That would have been fun, at least for me. But it seems they're using the MYC to propel some kind of half-baked nonsense storyline to try and sell merch or something.

WWE hasn't made any sense to me in the last year. I don't know why even I bother.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 8

Shayna vs Mercedez was the best match Shayna had, imo, was pretty good. Kairi vs Toni was the best match in the tournament and I don't see the final being better. Still wasn't as good as the best matches on the CWC so if you want to compare it to that I think it's pretty clear what the better tournament was. Anyways, Kairi ending this all kinds of *censored*ed up, Jesus! That staredown with Shayna was awesome, I might be in love with Sane, tbh.

The commentary for this episode was awful, especially Lita. Starting off the show lying for no reason she says it's Kairi's first time in the US then goes on to say Toni and Kairi were touching for the same time when they've had matches before and then when Toni goes for a fisherman suplex she says she's going for the Strong Zero, when she's actually going for the Strong Zero she says nothing at all. Nice.

That's not even the real Strong Zero, WWE *censored*ed up on her finisher.

Yeah, isn't the Strong Zero the crunchy? The finish she used is that neckbreaker thing Okada does. I guess Beretta is in Chaos too.

Episode 8

Shayna vs Mercedez was the best match Shayna had, imo, was pretty good. Kairi vs Toni was the best match in the tournament and I don't see the final being better. Still wasn't as good as the best matches on the CWC so if you want to compare it to that I think it's pretty clear what the better tournament was. Anyways, Kairi ending this all kinds of *censored*ed up, Jesus! That staredown with Shayna was awesome, I might be in love with Sane, tbh.

The commentary for this episode was awful, especially Lita. Starting off the show lying for no reason she says it's Kairi's first time in the US then goes on to say Toni and Kairi were touching for the same time when they've had matches before and then when Toni goes for a fisherman suplex she says she's going for the Strong Zero, when she's actually going for the Strong Zero she says nothing at all. Nice.

Yeah, isn't the Strong Zero the crunchy? The finish she used is that neckbreaker thing Okada does. I guess Beretta is in Chaos too.

No, Toni''s version of the Stong Zero is a Snap Piledriver.

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/900935881573376001

https://twitter.com/chinlocked/status/899245927818346496

https://twitter.com/chinlocked/status/882985841697595392

Seems like a waste to use the MYC to propel a faction storyline like this. Bayley is injured. Sasha is... being Sasha - I haven't seen her be involved hardly at all in this. Becky has a thing with Cyborg, apparently - whatever that's supposed to be - is one of the MMA 4HW Cyborg? I don't know, I don't watch UFC or even MMA. I don't have any idea who the other MMA 4HW are and I'm not about to go look it up because I quite honestly don't care enough.

At best, I think it would have to be decided in a Survivor Series type elimination tag match. Outside of that, I have zero interest whatsoever. I have minimal interest in this to begin with. This whole thing reeks of "HHH loves his big musclar women".

I kind of figured that the MYC was going to be some kind of padding for the NXT Women's division. I expected Kairi to go all the way, and then eventually be put into a program with Asuka to then eventually dethrone her. I would have watched that. That would have been fun, at least for me. But it seems they're using the MYC to propel some kind of half-baked nonsense storyline to try and sell merch or something.

WWE hasn't made any sense to me in the last year. I don't know why even I bother.

Triple H is partly behind and very supportive of talent of all shapes and sizes getting signed and used in WWE. Not sure where the love for muscular women is coming from outside of his love life ha.

Mercedes Martinez is a bit shit really

I feel like what makes Mercedes Martinez great is her character. You didn't get to see much of that in the tournament. I felt like only a couple of the girls had characters and were allowed to tell a story. Most of the matches felt like MMA matches not wrestling matches.

It's not that weird for a talent to get a new finisher but keep the name of their old finisher. Just like Dean with Dirty Deeds and Tye with the Tyebreaker.

It's not even a new move. She's been using the move for long time on the indies as a normal move.

On the Afterbuzz TV recap of the tournament, one of the hosts TK Trinidad says that nine women from the tournament who were signed only for the tournament have now signed with the WWE.

She mentions Candice, Mia, KLR, Toni, Mercedes, Piper, Shayna and two others who I am forgetting at this point.

On the Afterbuzz TV recap of the tournament, one of the hosts TK Trinidad says that nine women from the tournament who were signed only for the tournament have now signed with the WWE.

She mentions Candice, Mia, KLR, Toni, Mercedes, Piper, Shayna and two others who I am forgetting at this point.

Next to Kairi, Jazzy was the one to get the most over with the audience so I'm pretty sure they will sign her if they didn't already. :)

Unfortunately we didn't go to watch it since the 3vs3 match was cut from the MYC Videos on the Network and I don't know if they will Show it in a Special or something or maybe even Show it before the finals to fill up the Episode but according to People that were there and from a small Video I posted here a few pages back one can see that the audience chants "please sign Jazzy".

BTW: http://www.nsportsmania.com/german-jazzy-gabert-debuts-nxt/

Don't think this is really a spoiler as they weren't even in the tourney...but how come whenever they showed the MMA Four Horsewomen in the crowd, they only focused on two of them? I thought that was weird, especially since the one they left out was Roderick Strong's wife, who they've shown on NXT several times now.

2 Match notes

Kairi/Bianca

Kairi stomping on Bianca's blowed kiss

Never gonna get tired of that braid whip. Was beating her ass

Dat submission

Dat 450 was beautiful!

Dat backhand

And of course dat elbow drop

Dope match

Mia/Shayna

Already knew who won since I looked at the post match vid with Ronda and comp but still watched.

this battle of the horsewomen stuff is gonna be comedy :laugh:

the exchanges of kicks early on was cool.

Shayna's strength is crazy,my gawd

Love Mia's striking..... Speaking of strikes,loved that knee strike from Shayna

Geezus that submission counter. Good match

Next to Kairi, Jazzy was the one to get the most over with the audience so I'm pretty sure they will sign her if they didn't already. :)

Unfortunately we didn't go to watch it since the 3vs3 match was cut from the MYC Videos on the Network and I don't know if they will Show it in a Special or something or maybe even Show it before the finals to fill up the Episode but according to People that were there and from a small Video I posted here a few pages back one can see that the audience chants "please sign Jazzy".

Jazzy was one of the names mentioned by TK Trinidad as to have signed from the tournament. Again, it's what I heard from an Afterbuzz host, so who knows if any of them have actually signed.

I feel like what makes Mercedes Martinez great is her character. You didn't get to see much of that in the tournament. I felt like only a couple of the girls had characters and were allowed to tell a story. Most of the matches felt like MMA matches not wrestling matches.

What is her character? Because she seemed like angry Spanish woman to me.

Jazzy was one of the names mentioned by TK Trinidad as to have signed from the tournament. Again, it's what I heard from an Afterbuzz host, so who knows if any of them have actually signed.

Well I really hope it's true because if they book them all right, then NXT or whichever Show they will use them, will gain not only additional star power but will also increase the bar further when it comes to matches for sure. :)

If true, i was not expecting so many to get signed. But it's pretty much everyone i wanted.

Was one of the others named perhaps

Tessa Blanchard?

What is her character? Because she seemed like angry Spanish woman to me.

I think she was meant to fill the bitter veteran role Kendrick had in the CWC? Except while Kendrick was going the "I had it all and lost it" route, Mercedes was more the "This is the last thing I need to validate my career" route.

If true, i was not expecting so many to get signed. But it's pretty much everyone i wanted.

Tessa Blanchard?

The other name is

Santana Garrett. I watched the replay, and the other two were her and Jazzy.

Episode 8

No, Toni''s version of the Stong Zero is a Snap Piledriver.

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/900935881573376001

https://twitter.com/chinlocked/status/899245927818346496

https://twitter.com/chinlocked/status/882985841697595392

Oh, well that's even weirder then.

Triple H is partly behind and very supportive of talent of all shapes and sizes getting signed and used in WWE. Not sure where the love for muscular women is coming from outside of his love life ha.

Cute.

Tessa Blanchard?

The other name is

I saw that too but I can't find any news about it. Any chance they were just looking at this since those are the nine mentioned?

https://411mania.com/wrestling/csonka-9-mae-young-classic-competitors-wwe-sign/

Tessa Blanchard?

The other name is

I saw that too but I can't find any news about it. Any chance they were just looking at this since those are the nine mentioned?

https://411mania.com/wrestling/csonka-9-mae-young-classic-competitors-wwe-sign/

They might have been. I would not be surprised to see some of these ladies sign, but I am very skeptical to what TK Trinidad was saying. Again, Afterbuzz TV isn't known for breaking news and rumors.

Archived