Official WWE Payback Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tag title match was the MOTN for me, weirdly enough. Other matches were also really good. It was refreshing to see Jericho get a win with the walls of Jericho, and I'm going to overlook the fact that Owens might have needed that victory more. I'm excited to see Jericho on SmackDown, even if it's for a week or two.

Strowman vs. Reigns was the edge-of-the-seat match of the night, and it was pretty fun for what it did. I'm happy that the crowds are consistent with their shitting on Roman though.

Meh, not a fan of Sheamus&Cesaro heel turn, but maybe this way they are liked more since people nowadays only seem to like heels.

Also, I'm also not particularly proud of Reign's overpush, but those "You deserve" it chants after being totally destroyed by Braun were unnecessary.. Call me overexaggerated but fans nowadays are way too disrespectftul. And don't even get me started on the Bayley hate..

That was kinda froot.

He's indian, not muslim. Trump america hates muslims, not indians lol

Americans can't tell the difference.

I hope you're not implying that I can't tell the difference, because I certainly can. But I do think that the current state of the country is a threat to people of all races...and like you said, many Americans are too ignorant to know (or care) about the differences. I know for a fact that Indian people have already been attacked post-election...and they weren't playing a heel on a popular wrestling show. Really no point going any deeper than that. I was just saying that I hope Jinder stays safe...because it would be really shitty if some moron did try something.

No I wasn't implying anything. 99% of the members here can tell the difference outside of tonshaad probably.

Really speaks volumes to the state of the country when an angry brown man is on tv they assume "that their is damn isis"... So embarrassing being an American with people like that.

Bayley hate? ?

I do think Bayley's road to the women's title should've gone a little differently though, everything felt too much too soon.

I didn't watch the pre-show match. Cause I'm tired of seeing Enzo and Cass wrestle Gallows and Anderson all of the time.

Jericho and Owens was good, but the wrong guy won.

Neville and Aries was good, but I hated the finish.

Hardys, Sheamus and Cesaro was great. Holy hell. Someone please tell Sheamus to be light? Matt and Jeff have killed themselves for years in gimmick matches and are still going today. Yet Jeff lost a tooth and Matt got cut hard way because of how reckless a muscular Ronald McDonald has been for years and years and years. PULL YOUR STRIKES AND KICKS, DUDE. Geez.

Bayley and Alexa was good.

The House Of Horrors match was stupid. And having SmackDown's filthy main event for Backlash on the show didn't help.

Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe felt......meh.

Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns was all right and the clean pin was a shocker. You know Roman's getting his win back at Extreme Rules.

Payback was a good show, don't get me wrong.

:lol: I think Sheamus over they years took waaaay more punishment on his body than he actually delivered it. And he can be stiff yes, but not reckless.

I think Seth vs Joe was ok, but pretty meh overall due to it being after WM. I mean, the story is lacking IMO. Which is a shame. I mean, they are sure capable of delivering a great match, but the story here should have been they want to end eachother I guess? I think that they would work far much better if it was a championship feud or something like that. I mean...what are even the stakes here?

Whoever tought of that house is a dumbass. Tough I tought the whole match was going to be in a remote place, so I guessed they surprised me :lol:
With the whole scenography and literally everything about that match just goes to show they have no idea what his character should be other than "oooh spooky", and how to deliever it. I'm a still a fan of Bray cus i have no idea how he does it for so *censored*ing long...to try and use the shit he is given as best as he can. I mean, wouldn't you take a hint when every fan was glad he finally won that championship, a hint that people actually care about that performer even tough they made it impossible for so many people to care about that character. Now he is gona feud with Balor because he needs to put over a face AGAIN...and because..."DEAMONS!!!"... *Censored* your unimaginative ass.

Shocked that Jericho and Bliss picked up title wins. Wasn't liking KO's Face of America gimmick though so luckily that's over.

I doubt it.

While it's on my mind a few of the finishes to matches tonight were pretty wack. In particular the Cruiserweight title match which may have been the match of the night (alongside the tag team match) if it weren't for the ridiculous DQ. I'm okay with Neville grabbing the ref but to stop the match was a terrible way to end it.

The finish *censored*ing sucked and made no sense. Why would the ref benefit the dude who *censored*ed up? Why doesn't every heel do what Neville did or just start the match by punching the ref and go home with the belt? *Censored* logic.

Roman no-sold? Lmao

Is he supposed to just lie there? Dude is one of the most underrated sellers in WWE right now

Lol, underrated by who? His selling is awful. Part of the reason no one likes him.

Meh, not a fan of Sheamus&Cesaro heel turn, but maybe this way they are liked more since people nowadays only seem to like heels.

Also, I'm also not particularly proud of Reign's overpush, but those "You deserve" it chants after being totally destroyed by Braun were unnecessary.. Call me overexaggerated but fans nowadays are way too disrespectftul. And don't even get me started on the Bayley hate..

Oh yeah, throwing shit at wrestlers and trying to hit them was really respectful, those were the days. Goddamn millenials, am I right? Smh.

Hardys, Sheamus and Cesaro was great. Holy hell. Someone please tell Sheamus to be light? Matt and Jeff have killed themselves for years in gimmick matches and are still going today. Yet Jeff lost a tooth and Matt got cut hard way because of how reckless a muscular Ronald McDonald has been for years and years and years. PULL YOUR STRIKES AND KICKS, DUDE. Geez.

I think it was Cesaro who busted Matt open, actually.

I still say Jerichos losing the belt asap. This win was just to get him on SD.

Yeah, I see him dropping it back to KO on Tuesday and leaving.

Archived