Official WWE Payback Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocked that Jericho and Bliss picked up title wins. Wasn't liking KO's Face of America gimmick though so luckily that's over. Bliss has been on complete fire so I can accept her beating Bayley as long as it leads to a healthy feud between them two. Maybe Nia can be Bliss' heavy for a while before turning on her but clearly she may not need it because she beat Bayley clean.

Really happy that Mahal and the Singhs got involved in the House of Horrors match to forward their story with Randy. Really rooting for Jinder's success during this run. Glad he got lots of heat from the crowd.

I know I have her in my avy and all and i don't want to ALWAYS obsess over this

but Bliss is just so freaking good at being 'on' - always in character and the little things she does are just so good

While it's on my mind a few of the finishes to matches tonight were pretty wack. In particular the Cruiserweight title match which may have been the match of the night (alongside the tag team match) if it weren't for the ridiculous DQ. I'm okay with Neville grabbing the ref but to stop the match was a terrible way to end it. Seth and Joe also had a weird finish to it. That pin came out of nowhere and it felt like a total surprise in a negative way. Perhaps it was worse to me than it seemed to the majority because I thought Joe should've gone over.

That was kinda froot.

He's indian, not muslim. Trump america hates muslims, not indians lol

Americans can't tell the difference.

I hope you're not implying that I can't tell the difference, because I certainly can. But I do think that the current state of the country is a threat to people of all races...and like you said, many Americans are too ignorant to know (or care) about the differences. I know for a fact that Indian people have already been attacked post-election...and they weren't playing a heel on a popular wrestling show. Really no point going any deeper than that. I was just saying that I hope Jinder stays safe...because it would be really shitty if some moron did try something.

That was kinda froot.

He's indian, not muslim. Trump america hates muslims, not indians lol

Americans can't tell the difference.

I hope you're not implying that I can't tell the difference, because I certainly can. But I do think that the current state of the country is a threat to people of all races...and like you said, many Americans are too ignorant to know (or care) about the differences. I know for a fact that Indian people have already been attacked post-election...and they weren't playing a heel on a popular wrestling show. Really no point going any deeper than that. I was just saying that I hope Jinder stays safe...because it would be really shitty if some moron did try something.

No, wasn't implying that all.

I was adding to your point. When people paint an image of bearded brown terrorist looking dudes, I see guys that are more likely to be Indians, Sikhs and Pakistanis (although the latter most likely would be muslim) than muslims from most of the Arab world. Americans tend to lump those people into the muslim box too.

So with that said, it's not outlandish to suggest the possibility that Jinder is at some risk at all. Especially if promo-wise, he's addressing similar issues Muhammad Hassan used to do.

So I was pleasantly surprised by the show. Nothing revolutionary, but everything was watchable.

Jericho vs KO was very fun, and I liked the finger story they told

Aries vs Neville was good. Wish we got a clean finish tbh. Neville shouldn't need to do this.

Alexa vs Bayley MotN, so happy for my girl Alexa <3

SheSaro vs Hardy's was solid

House of Horrors was better than expected. I went into it with the same expectations as a ScyFy B movie, and was entertained. The ending was ridiculous though. Even when he wins, they still book Wyatt like a bitch. Not even a fan anymore, but I feel so bad for him :/

Seth vs Joe was alright. Nothing special, but not bad.

BRAUN BEAT ROMAN AND I'M DELIGHTED

Just read a 411 review that gave this a 4/10 and I kind of agree. I mean, he bashed the tag title match and *Censored* him for that. BUT...

Joe/Rollins sucked.

Owens/Jericho sucked (although I like that they played on the finger thing from Mania)

Aries/Neville was meh

...and I'm changing what I said earlier. The House of Horrors sucked. It was taken way to seriously and suffered greatly as a result.

Was pretty tired while watching this but whatever, here are my thoughts on the PPV...

- Purposefully didn't tune in to the kickoff to avoid the tag match 'cuz *censored* that.

- Caught the Miz TV segment and it was pretty good for what it was.

- Jericho vs Owens was alright. I enjoyed the whole finger thing as others have mentioned. No idea why Chris won though.

- Neville vs Aries was good but nothing special. Not a fan of finishes like that even though it fits with Neville's character.

- The Hardy Boyz vs Sheamus & Cesaro was MOTN for me. Heavily suspected a heel turn so wasn't too surprised by that. I'm not a fan of Cesaro being heel but I'll see how it goes.

- Bayley vs Alexa Bliss was a very enjoyable match. Glad Bliss won and was the one to make history.

- House of Horrors was... terrible. The whole concept of beating each other up in a house and having to end the match by taking a limo, a *censored*ing limo to the stadium and finishing it in the ring is stupid imo. I like Bray, I really do, but I'm sick and tired of seeing him being *censored*ed over time and time again. He won the match and was merely an afterthought, what the *censored*? Oh and I'm glad we're getting someone different going after the title but I still don't care for Jinder.

- Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe was surprisingly boring. Was pretty disappointed with this match though it had a few good moments here and there.

- Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns was meh. Roman shouldn't of had so much offence in the match imo but Roman's a big dog playing in a yard or something, I've already accepted this. Braun destroying Roman after the match though was enjoyable. The whole backstage stuff was just dumb. Braun running full force into a door was hilarious. And of course they can't just leave on having Braun standing tall.

Overall I'd give this PPV a 5/10. Only actual bad thing about the show was the HoH match really, excluding the backstage stuff with Braun and Roman as it was a part of RAW Talk, but the majority of the event felt kinda meh. Solid wrestling but nothing too enjoyable minus Hardys vs SheaSaro and Bliss vs Bayley imo.

Archived