Official WWE Payback Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Decent PPV. The tag title match was the MOTN. The HoH match was the worst by a country mile and somehow even dumber than I expected it to be. Strowman beating Reigns clean and killing him post-match were the best moments along with Alexa winning the Women's Championship.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Strowman win clean though? Reigns was pre-injured. There's an argument to be made there, not that I necessarily agree with it.

Yeah, but it was as clean as it could have been given the circumstances. Plus, it's Reigns, so I'm happy enough with the way Strowman won considering I wouldn't have put it past them to book Reigns to win even in the state he competed.

Did Strowman win clean though? Reigns was pre-injured. There's an argument to be made there, not that I necessarily agree with it.

Injury or not, he hit his finisher twice and won with no shenanigans.And Reigns is meant to be superman who overcomes the odds and he just failed to do so

Injury or not, he hit his finisher twice and won with no shenanigans.And Reigns is meant to be superman who overcomes the odds and he just failed to do so

I wasn't disputing any of that.

Wonder if they turn Sheamus and Cesaro heel due the fact that The Revival aren't gonna be back until June. Alexa isn't going to be RAW Women's champ very long she is most likely gonna drop the title to Sasha at Great Balls Of Fire in July.

So now you are psychic.

Meh, not a fan of Sheamus&Cesaro heel turn, but maybe this way they are liked more since people nowadays only seem to like heels.

Also, I'm also not particularly proud of Reign's overpush, but those "You deserve" it chants after being totally destroyed by Braun were unnecessary.. Call me overexaggerated but fans nowadays are way too disrespectftul. And don't even get me started on the Bayley hate..

It's fake bro. He did deserve his fictional beatdown.

Wonder if they turn Sheamus and Cesaro heel due the fact that The Revival aren't gonna be back until June. Alexa isn't going to be RAW Women's champ very long she is most likely gonna drop the title to Sasha at Great Balls Of Fire in July.

So now you are psychic.

No its called a prediction.

Meh, not a fan of Sheamus&Cesaro heel turn, but maybe this way they are liked more since people nowadays only seem to like heels.

Also, I'm also not particularly proud of Reign's overpush, but those "You deserve" it chants after being totally destroyed by Braun were unnecessary.. Call me overexaggerated but fans nowadays are way too disrespectftul. And don't even get me started on the Bayley hate..

Yes i would like you to get started on the Bayley hate.

Braun Strowman is awesome. Guy broke into the business just two years ago and look at him main eventing and destroying the top babyface of the company. He really worked hard and improved a lot, his booking also has been reall good.

No hes been in WWE since 2013 so hes been in it for almost 4 years.

After rewatching the hoh match in the context of a serious match it was shit. In the context of a joke it was hilarious. Just so bad its funny.

Exactly. I dunno why anyone went into it taking it seriously. I normally hate wonky supernatural crap in wrestling, but I didn't treat this as a match, I treated it as some TV special that happens to star Orton and Wyatt. Much more enjoyable that way.

So now you are psychic.

Who, me? Think you quoted the wrong guy.

I'm indifferent towards Bayley.

So now you are psychic.

Who, me? Think you quoted the wrong guy.

I'm indifferent towards Bayley.

Not you the other guy.

I'm quite enjoyed Aries vs Neville. Aries was on fire in that match. I don't follow the weekly shows, but Aries seemed to bring it more than he has in his whole WWE run

Sad thing is...the angle as a whole could have been really cool. And I mean that.

If they had got a proper Victorian or colonial-era abandoned house, left the footage unedited, done it on an episode of Raw instead of the PPV, not had the weird stipulation where they had to return to the ring, etc...it could have been some decent fun. But every single thing that could have possibly been done wrong was done wrong. It just looked like the house of some random redneck with hygiene issues. It made Bray look like a dumbass slob...especially after we already SAW what was alleged to have been Bray's house when they did the original Wyatt promos. Put the match in a house that looked anything like that, and you would have been golden.

Archived