IT (2017 & 2019)

Just because they have to do it, doesn't really excuse it for being overdone and stale. I do blame them, it's not like they were needed. People didn't go into the movie expecting it yet it's the highest grossing horror movie ever. They were unnecessary.

Eh, I disagree. It's stale to you but not to the crowds of teenagers. Also...I don't think that's accurate. The trailer gave off the impression that there would be jump scares.

But then again, I can't really argue with what seems to be your personal preference. Like if you were the director and attempted to cut them out due "to being unnecessary", I can almost guarantee the studio/producers wouldn't have let you have your way

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because they have to do it, doesn't really excuse it for being overdone and stale. I do blame them, it's not like they were needed. People didn't go into the movie expecting it yet it's the highest grossing horror movie ever. They were unnecessary.

Eh, I disagree. It's stale to you but not to the crowds of teenagers. Also...I don't think that's accurate. The trailer gave off the impression that there would be jump scares.

But then again, I can't really argue with what seems to be your personal preference. Like if you were the director and attempted to cut them out due "to being unnecessary", I can almost guarantee the studio/producers wouldn't have let you have your way

I don't care about groups of teenagers. :lol: like...what? I'm obviously just saying my own personal preference, doesnt matter to me what demographic likes them or not. I'm not here to argue for other people's opinions. Besides, you don't have to have jump scares with the exact same sound effect as every. other. horror. movie. You can make a new sound effect or do it visually or whatever else. I don't think teenagers really care what sound effect accompanies it, I don't think they specifically ask for that one effect. I'm not saying there shouldn't be jump scares, you can just do it differently. Use those basic ass effects for the trailer.

And it depends on who the producers and studio are in that HYPOTHETICAL situation. They might have done. If Martin Scorsese made it or any other prestige director it'd be a different story.

I thought you meant jump scares were overused and stale in general. I didn't realize that you were talking about a certain sound effect (which I didn't notice tbh).

But as for the hypothetical situation, Cary Fukunaga got kicked off directing it for "trying to make an unconventional horror film". He mentioned that they wanted to make "an inoffensive and conventional script with archetypes and scares" first and foremost. Although I'd argue that the characters in "It" were fun and that I understand why Alvin was depicted as less rapey than Fukunaga's version...

And thankfully, I don't think the orgy was featured in either screenplay.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw it last night. I enjoyed it, but as a lot of reviews have stated, it is a long movie.

I felt it got a bit cheesy at times, but I'd say it's worth watching, if you enjoyed the first movie.

On another note, I got IDd getting in. Despite being 26 and the movie age rating being 15 (in the UK). Not sure if I should feel insulted, or if I should enjoy my youthful looks whilst they last :lol:

I saw IT Chapter 2 earlier today. The first chapter was better but I enjoyed this one. The cast, from the kids and their adult counterparts to Pennywise, is just *chef kiss*. I didn't even know this was almost 3 hours long lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived