IT (2017 & 2019)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how what I heard that they kept Bill away from the children until they needed the scene shot and the kids are actually terrified by his performance and how he didn't want to do anything Tim Curry did cuz he respected him that much and that he wanted to be his own identity and not copy him because he didn't think he can do a good job and how he even had nightmares cuz he was that into that character

I see this movie is as a remake on the one of the rare ones that are on the same level as original

Yeah the whole,paceing was a lot better then the mini series it was smart to just focus on only the kids in part one

I didnt watch this when it aired, so im familiar with the kid and adult parts being split to their on halves. This remake is the best horror movie ive seen a while and i definitely feel like IT deserves some rewards for character performances.

Saw this today. Never saw the original miniseries. Obviously know the premise just through pop culture osmosis. Thought it was pretty good. Not really a horror movie guy, but the kid actors did a great job.

Beginning was *censored*ing brutal lmao. Kid gets his *censored*ing arm bit off and is bleeding everywhere. Caught my ass off guard. Figured he'd just die off screen. At the very least didn't expect to show a 5 year old kid all mutilated and shit. Pretty ballsy. Effective way at setting the stakes for the rest of the movie.

Seen it twice now and think it's a bit overrated tbh. Individually the clown stuff and the children stuff was done well, but it became your generic horror schlock when they combined. They overused the jump scare sound effect like every horror movies these days have. I understand why it's getting praise, but I really don't think it's as good as everyone is making it out to be. Not a bad film by any means, just not really all that amazing IMO.

At least they didn't include the underage gangbang scene in this version. :rolleyes:

Mainstream horror movies have to do that stuff. That's what the teenagers go for. Jump scares make money. So I don't blame them one bit.

But I think a fair amount of the creepiness was based on the visuals and I don't think I've seen a better mainstream horror film in years (that includes The Witch and It Comes At Night which were hyped heavily as well).

Just because they have to do it, doesn't really excuse it for being overdone and stale. I do blame them, it's not like they were needed. People didn't go into the movie expecting it yet it's the highest grossing horror movie ever. They were unnecessary.

I didn't think it was very scary, but it was well put together. I think it's a good kid's movie weirdly enough. Like I imagine kids around that 10-13 age range will probably get the most from this movie.

I agree. Not really scary, but visually pleasing and the tension was there.

Archived