WWE Games Backwards Compatible?

JustJeds

This is something I've been thinking about since backwards compatibility was introduced to the Xbox One, but what the chances that any of the past WWE games (SVR07 or up) get made backwards compatible?

I'd love to have the ability to play a 2K14, or an All Stars on the new generation of consoles.

not going to happen simply because of contracts and whatnot. that's probably why we have never seen a Remaster of any of the older wwe games (albeit they were published by THQ)

He didn't say anything about a remaster...just backward compatibility.

Contracts have nothing to do with that...it's not like they take down the digital versions of games like '14, '15, '16, etc. from the digital store just because they're old and the contracts are expired...he's just asking if the games that already exist on Xbox 360 will ever play on One.

not going to happen simply because of contracts and whatnot. that's probably why we have never seen a Remaster of any of the older wwe games (albeit they were published by THQ)

He didn't say anything about a remaster...just backward compatibility.

Contracts have nothing to do with that...

Same category.

WWE2K14 had hogan and scott steiner

WWE13 had Gangrel

WWE 12 had the Warriors,Husky Harris, and McGuillicutty Gimmicks

SVR11 had DH Smith.

all these would have to have contracts negotiated

As far as we've heard:

Steiner ripped his contract up and they put him in the game anyway

Hogan's been blackballed

Road Warrior Suing WWE over wellness

WWE Hated the Mcguillicutty and Harris Gimmicks

DH Smith is no longer with the company

all these contracts would have to be resolved if they decided to release backwards compatibility for SVR11-2k14 (any of them)

not to mention the servers are dead so i really wouldn't see the point.

It would be nice to have but the above is what i meant by contract disputes. They would have to either pay parties of all those people

or try going around them

oh and don't forget CM Punk. you can forget it now that i just thought about that. Hell would have to have frozen over before Punk decides to be in another game lol

I wish it was as simple as how the WWE Network works, where if they have a "controversial" character on the show, they put the warning at the start talking about WWE characters being fictious, and they don't represent their real life selves yada yada.

Contracts have nothing to do with whether you can pop in your physical 360 copy of WWE '13 and play it on your Xbox One. They aren't trying to sell the games again or make money off them..."backwards compatibility" for XBO literally just means that you can play your old 360 games. A lot of these backwards compatible games aren't even sold on the digital store...you need the disc to install them...

The only true answer is that it is incredibly unlikely because it's a waste of time and resources and there's no real reason to do it. XBO doesn't "play" 360 games in a conventional sense...it has to emulate them, so it really isn't worth doing for sports franchises (which is what WWE is considered).

I wish it was as simple as how the WWE Network works, where if they have a "controversial" character on the show, they put the warning at the start talking about WWE characters being fictious, and they don't represent their real life selves yada yada.

i think that could work for hogan but as for punk i have no idea.

or hell just put hogan and punk's entrances in the game i can deal with everything else.

then again i have hated punk's entrances since 2k14. his best ones were in wwe13 unfortunately

or hell just put hogan and punk's entrances in the game i can deal with everything else.

then again i have hated punk's entrances since 2k14. his best ones were in wwe13 unfortunately

Again...the things you're talking about are laughably wrong. It doesn't work like that.

Well one is I believe wasn't 15 relase on games for,gold

but not the 360 version. that just means the x1 version was released as a gold exclusive right?

i know 2k15 was released on PS Now as a PS3 B/C Game but other than that IDK. i guess it just all depends on the parties involved (WWE, Publisher, Developer, Etc)

Again...the things you're talking about are laughably wrong. It doesn't work like that.

really... so you're telling me that if 2k decided to Release a B/C Version of 2k14. you really think that's gonna fly? Hogan i can spin. even scott steiner but there is no way in hell that game would be added as a B/C game because punk was all over that game. Look it'd be nice to have but we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this cause it ain't happening. I'm so glad i'm on ps4 and not x1 so i don't have to worry about Backwards compatible wishlists.

really... so you're telling me that if 2k decided to Release a B/C Version of 2k14. you really think that's gonna fly? Hogan i can spin. even scott steiner but there is no way in hell that game would be added as a B/C game because punk was all over that game. Look it'd be nice to have but we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this cause it ain't happening. I'm so glad i'm on ps4 and not x1 so i don't have to worry about Backwards compatible wishlists.

Backwards compatibility is not a "release"...I don't know what it is that you're not understanding about that. People already own the old WWE games on Xbox 360 discs. Allowing them to be backward compatible literally just means that someone can put their old disc into their Xbox One and play it.

Your theories are laughable.

No one is discussing whether WWE can produce a new remastered version of a classic game with people on the roster who are no longer under contract. "Backwards compatible" is not a remake or a remaster. My PS3 was backward compatible with my PS2 games...and I played as many of the old PS2 WWE games as I wanted to. This is the same thing, except XBO is not inherently compatible with all games, so they need to be added selectively.

They would have to re licence each game, so they would need permission from the owners and I assume that also means that they need to pay for stuff likes songs again. Seems it winds up counting as a XBO game even when they make it backwards, so any sports game - not just WWE - in unlikely

I agree with Gen here, but Microsoft has already said they HAVE to have an agreement with the makers of the game. So I don't know how they'd go about that with THQ.

Probably from 2k since they took on the rights

i dont know about contracts but based on the fact that its 3 different companies Yukes, THQ and 2k Backwards compalibilty seems unlikely or slim to none like @Generations said.

its like the Australian sports game their creating atm to avoid the mess they created the addition of fan hub/creation hub where you create past teams and players with their last names and nicknames used for commentary purposes from previous games and the history of that sport

I don't think imminent is really the proper word. "Inevitable" is probably more to the point. He'll return eventually, but I don't think it will be this month, or even this year. For him to be in 2K18, he would pretty much need to return in a week or two. And I really don't see him at Mania or anything like that...

@Muur Exactly this was the point i was trying to make. maybe i should have used smaller words i forgot who i was talking to.

@Generations you can play a B/C game with or without the disc. There are digital versions of 2k14 and WWE12 on the marketplace. so if they were to make the game B/C then those digital versions would be compatible as well. I really don't see how you aren't comprehending this. You're not getting a wwe game other than the ones released on current gen on current gen. You can argue till the cows come home. I don't care. you're wrong and you don't know what you're talking about.

But keep asking prove me wrong once you do i'll admit i was wrong but i know i'm not. I wasn't talking about remasters i was talking about b/c games that don't just cover the disc version but digital as well. Examples: GOW 1-3, Judgement, Mass Effect 1 just to name a few.

Buuuut of course you just have to argue with someone so i guess i'm the next victim of that situation.

^ Does anyone like this *censored*ing guy?

And for the record, you didn't say shit about agreements with the developers (which is obvious). You were on about it not being possible because WWE doesn't have contracts with the wrestlers in the old games, yadda, yadda...*bunch of other reasons that have nothing to do with the actual reason, etc*

The only truth here is that Microsoft would need an agreement with the game dev to add the games. Nothing involves the WWE, or the contracts that they with any past or present performers. It won't happen because there's no reason for Microsoft to even talk to the developers about it happening. Those games are not considered a priority for the backwards compatibility project. That's all that it comes down to.

^ Does anyone like this *censored*ing guy?

And for the record, you didn't say shit about agreements with the developers (which is obvious). You were on about it not being possible because WWE doesn't have contracts with the wrestlers in the old games, yadda, yadda...*bunch of other reasons that have nothing to do with the actual reason, etc*

Please learn to read.

Contracts/licensing same concept. You're just trying to keep arguing

And for the record, no i don't like you. I think you're annoying as hell with zero common sense or respect for others

Done with this nonsense. Go argue witj someone else who cares

If u think only Microsoft matters then youre an idiot

If u think only Microsoft matters then youre an idiot

When it comes to the backwards compatibility on the Xbox, they need an agreement with the developer/publisher of the game...it does not have anything do with characters like Gangrel or Hogan, or DH Smith. What you're saying is retarded. I don't care if you want to act like you're right. The things you're saying are not true. The game has already been made, it already exists, the licensing for that side of things is done. It's not a remake or a remaster or even a re-release...it's simply the ability to play the game that already exists. And fyi, there are a lot of games on XBL that you cannot download digitally. They show up in the store, but if you select them, they simply say they cannot be downloaded...you need the physical disc for most of them. I'm pretty sure that most of the exceptions are the ones that are GWG games or old arcade games that only exist digitally. A lot of the old disc based ones absolutely require the disc.

Archived