WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see her going from breaking Goldbergs winning streak to being just another part of the womens roster on Raw or Smackdown any time soon. She'd have to really piss WWE officials or Vince off.

Yeah, Asuka being Asian and not being too fluent in English bothers me...but then again, look at Nakamura so far. What they lack in that aspect, they more than make up for it with their aura and appeal.

Also, Asuka doesn't need to "piss off" anybody backstage like Vince or HHH to have a lame run on the main roster. If they simply don't want her to be as much of a big deal on RAW/SmackDown, then they'll make it happen. It doesn't have to be anything personal.

SPOILER: ASUKA UPDATE

The current plan for former WWE NXT Women's champion Asuka is for her to debut on the Raw brand, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Asuka is currently out with a collarbone injury but is slated to appear on the WWE live events in Japan next week, which are Smackdown-branded events.

WWE will be helping to promote her debut with a planned WWE Network Collection of Asuka matches, which will debut on the streaming service in October.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=112222

I get annoyed when people suggest Paul Heyman as someone's advocate sometimes, especially when they don't need him or a mouthpiece/manager in general. I think it's because I'm always reminded of how much of a disaster his alliances with Curtis Axel and Cesaro were, lol.

CM Punk didn't really need Heyman, tbh - but Heyman's attitude and personality complimented Punk's particular persona so damn much at the time. Amazing chemistry those to have together.

Same. Seems like Heyman is the go-to guy to manage someone who isn't John Cena on the mic and/or has English as a secundary language. It's easily one of the laziest and most common suggestions in wrestling because it doesn't take into account the personality of both Heyman and the person he should be managing to try and figure out if it would fit.

No offense.

If anything, I'd like for Asuka to remain independent as she is, but that she develops some kind of a fanbase that borders into cult status. She has been portrayed as someone who has a sea of followers and admirers for a long time now, with highlights being certain entrances where everybody, including her, is wearing the same mask. You could turn that into something quite frightening.

Archived