WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

I feel like saying Total Divas wasn't even the smallest bit of importance to what came for the Revolution, is just trying to take anything away from the diva era. Think about it. The AJ Lee pipe bomb came at the time of the Total Divas season return. That's initially when people noticed the women. They loved AJ. Then the Steph/Brie storyline began, which was the first time in a LONG time that the women were in the main event. Brie was getting noticed mainly due to hers and Daniels relationship on TD. That led into the SummerSlam match which another main event guy (Triple H) came into play. It was the baby steps that helped. Now don't get me wrong, in no way am I saying the women then began to get the spotlight BUT more segments took place each week. You can't take credit away from the past eras and just give it all to the current crop. Sure, the new women get more time, more attention, make wrestling look better to the eye, but past eras weren't given what the women are given now. With that being said, I do agree the current crop made the revolution go full swing.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like saying Total Divas wasn't even the smallest bit of importance to what came for the Revolution, is just trying to take anything away from the diva era. Think about it. The AJ Lee pipe bomb came at the time of the Total Divas season return. That's initially when people noticed the women. They loved AJ. Then the Steph/Brie storyline began, which was the first time in a LONG time that the women were in the main event. Brie was getting noticed mainly due to hers and Daniels relationship on TD. That led into the SummerSlam match which another main event guy (Triple H) came into play. It was the baby steps that helped. Now don't get me wrong, in no way am I saying the women then began to get the spotlight BUT more segments took place each week. You can't take credit away from the past eras and just give it all to the current crop. Sure, the new women get more time, more attention, make wrestling look better to the eye, but past eras weren't given what the women are given now. With that being said, I do agree the current crop made the revolution go full swing.

100% agreed. TD may have given us some bad, but it's akso done some good too.

100% agreed. TD may have given us some bad, but it's akso done some good too.

I never meant that TD was bad for the women. What I meant was that it didn't started the so called revolution cause even after the small divas vs true divas feud things weren't better in the division.

The main reason they got more time during that feud was because the wwe wanted to promote the show and get more subscribers for their wwe Network, not because they started to care about the women,

Nikki tries to do as if she started it all and it's not the first time she tried that.

And I get that it wasn't because of Total Divas bringing a revolution that the women got more time. What I said was, it was baby steps towards more time. Promoting the show gave them more time, that should be a good thing regardless of what the reasoning behind more time being.

Lmao, agreeing to disagree may be lame, but I'm not one to argue over an opinion. Especially about Total Divas starting the revolution. That's lame to argue about, lol.

Well you're the one visiting a wrestling forum, what else are we supposed to argue about? Don't come in here acting all high and mighty about a subject matter you were arguing until someone called you out on it.

Lmao, agreeing to disagree may be lame, but I'm not one to argue over an opinion. Especially about Total Divas starting the revolution. That's lame to argue about, lol.

Well you're the one visiting a wrestling forum, what else are we supposed to argue about? Don't come in here acting all high and mighty about a subject matter you were arguing until someone called you out on it.

No ones acting high and mighty. I made my point. I also won't argue with you because I've noticed basically ALL your posts are you disagreeing with people. So it's a waste of time with you.

No ones acting high and mighty. I made my point. I also won't argue with you because I've noticed basically ALL your posts are you disagreeing with people. So it's a waste of time with you.

Nah not all. Only when ya know, I disagree with something. Don't act like you don't wanna debate when people start to disagree with you, that's such a cop out.

I wasn't even arguing with you anyway, I never quoted you or talked to you. You were the one who "agree to disagree". I was talking in general otherwise yeah, I would have quoted.

Former RAW Womens Champion Bayley talked to ChannelGuide Magazine and talked about the upcoming Mae Young Classic, her shoulder injury, and so much more. Here are some highlights:

On The Mae Young Classic:

It was incredible. I stayed both nights and sat in the crowd the whole time. I didnt want to sit in the back and watch on the monitor. I sat out there because there are so many of my friends who are on it. All of those girls deserve to be in that tournament. I think the fans dont even know what to expect. They are not going to know what hit them. Once they watch, it wont take long for them to see how good it is. Words cant really describe it.

On how she keeps her mind off her injury:

I will watch what made me fall in love with it in the first place. It keeps me going. I kind of started doing CrossFit, so now Im training with these CrossFit people. They motivate me to make a better lifestyle for myself. Its a very healthy lifestyle. So that is where I have been pulling motivation from these days, especially being injured.

On her Injury:

Its a separated shoulder. Im getting checked out in a month again, so we will see where I am after that. Then I will have a better timeframe.

You can read the full interview here: https://www.channelguidemag.com/tv-news/2017/08/25/bayley/

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/bayley-talks-mae-young-classic-her-injury-more/

Honestly Total Divas did *Censored* all for the revolution. It helped the Divas at the time, but nothing would have changed if the female NXT superstars didn't out-do everyone.

There was a emerging demographic made evident by Total Divas, along with common sense as well, that wanted to see more of the women. The NXT women were outdoing everyone and clearly just shoehorning all this need for accomodation and WWE was planning for Eva to win the new title they minted for Charlotte, lol. NXT vs. Total Divas is a pretty dead comparison, both of the generations of women got and still get shit from within.

People got it backwards with Total Divas anyway. It wasn't that TD got them to invest more in women's wrestling, them wrestling was just to promote storylines and produce clips to be used on TD. So it's like saying Ziggler got a push when he beat Miz as the KFC-Colonel. The sole purpose of the matches is to promote a show outside the spectrum that is the WWE Universe. In terms of advancement, it did nothing for the women's division.

It deserves no credit. Trying to give it to them is ludicrous.

And I get that it wasn't because of Total Divas bringing a revolution that the women got more time. What I said was, it was baby steps towards more time. Promoting the show gave them more time, that should be a good thing regardless of what the reasoning behind more time being.

It was yes but it wasn't anything new since Vince cared for the women and tag Team Division in a on and off matter. So there were times in which both divisions got a bit more time and then they were pushed back to barely being featured at all again. Several People from backstage had reported it for years. He would only Feature both of These divisions more only when he needed to push at times he thought they would bring in more Money and dropped them back to their old selfs right after.

Even if not entirely, things have thankfully changed a bit now that triple h has more of a say towards certain things and the womens as also the tag team Division are getting more to do regularly instead of once in a blue moon.

People got it backwards with Total Divas anyway. It wasn't that TD got them to invest more in women's wrestling, them wrestling was just to promote storylines and produce clips to be used on TD. So it's like saying Ziggler got a push when he beat Miz as the KFC-Colonel. The sole purpose of the matches is to promote a show outside the spectrum that is the WWE Universe. In terms of advancement, it did nothing for the women's division.

Something that gives an external audience a reason to be interested in an otherwise neglected portion of the product deserves no credit?

Reality TV shows are fake. The interest they generate in the product isn't. NXT looking for a 'hot new product pitch' is not the ONLY reason why the women are relevant today. And neither is Total Divas. It's because they should've been relevant for the past ten years, which encompasses the both, among many other contributors.

Well I don't think Total Divas deserves any credit. Those types of reality shows are cynical and cash-cows and no little girl should want to be in one. I will give the NXT women such as Emma and Paige and Charlotte etc credit for fighting for that spot.

It's weird, but not surprising to me that people actually defend Nikki's statement of Total Divas helping the revolution.

Something that gives an external audience a reason to be interested in an otherwise neglected portion of the product deserves no credit?

Reality TV shows are fake. The interest they generate in the product isn't. NXT looking for a 'hot new product pitch' is not the ONLY reason why the women are relevant today. And neither is Total Divas. It's because they should've been relevant for the past ten years, which encompasses the both, among many other contributors.

That's not what Total Divas is though.

Total Divas wasn't there to get people to watch wrestling. The wrestling matches involving the cast was there to get people to watch Total Divas.

So it deserves no credit. Shit like Total Divas is what people were complaining about when talking about the disrespect from WWE towards its women's wrestlers. It is part of the neglect. Not part of the revolution. The rest of it is talking over the point.

It's absolutely part of that neglect and shouldn't be praised just because it may have given a select few nearly untalented women 4 minutes every week. There may have been talented women in there too, but the cons fair outweigh the pros. As is with Total Divas itself. Just because it may given some insignificant benefits to the Divas at the time, doesn't mean it did anything for it in the long run.

It's weird, but not surprising to me that people actually defend Nikki's statement of Total Divas helping the revolution.

Total Divas wasn't there to get people to watch wrestling. The wrestling matches involving the cast was there to get people to watch Total Divas.

So it deserves no credit. Shit like Total Divas is what people were complaining about when talking about the disrespect from WWE towards its women's wrestlers. It is part of the neglect. Not part of the revolution. The rest of it is talking over the point.

And Total Divas, a show chronicalling WWE performers and centering around said matches, is not to get people to watch RAW/SmackDown and become more invested in the division in general? #GiveDivasAChance was about how asinine Total Divas is and not because the women were and still are robbed of decent time to work on most of the weekly shows?

And Total Divas, a show chronicalling WWE performers and centering around said matches, is not to get people to watch RAW/SmackDown and become more invested in the division in general? #GiveDivasAChance was about how asinine Total Divas is and not because the women were and still are robbed of decent time to work on most of the weekly shows?

I assume that you can read, so you should know what I said and what I meant, so how about you do this differently than the whole fake question-routine?

Archived