WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, it was a ridiculous comment but she didn't say it with bad intentions. Like she tried to explain herself and the overall message was positive but yeah, she *censored*ed up.

I'm not trying to defend her but I'm not condemning her either. People say stupid things but have the ability to learn from it and smarten up.

To be fair, it was a ridiculous comment but she didn't say it with bad intentions. Like she tried to explain herself and the overall message was positive but yeah, she *censored*ed up.

I'm not trying to defend her but I'm not condemning her either. People say stupid things but have the ability to learn from it and smarten up.

Well I'm condemning her. Whether she has ill intentions or not, she's in an industry with many young fans and specifically she's in a position where young girls all over the world who look up to her. She should not be spreading the message that depression isn't a mental illness because that is potentially dangerous.

Ill intentions or not, she shouldn't be that moronic to say those words on such a public platform.

Erm... even Depression is considered as a mental disease by many it actually is a mental disorder, not a mental disease.

There are also other forms that are causing them that are not mental related but rather genetically or body related.

My Life Partner has a genetically/body-related Depression and has to take pills for it his whole life(with small pauses in between).

With other words Ivelisse was right that Depressions are not a Mental Disease if that's what she said on her twitter (can't read it since the site doesn't work).

They could atleast make it a tag match. Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey vs Cyborg and one of the heels. Natalya or get Lana involved along with someone else not named Tamina. Taynara Conti perhaps since she's from Brazil like Cyborg and has a Jiu jitsu background.

They could atleast make it a tag match. Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey vs Cyborg and one of the heels. Natalya or get Lana involved along with someone else not named Tamina. Taynara Conti perhaps since she's from Brazil like Cyborg and has a Jiu jitsu background.

If they are gonna go the mma way in a Wrestling ring then they could take jazzy (Alpha Female) and Renee Michelle for that.

However, I think they are gonna go the "Wrestling 4horsewomen vs MMAs 4horsewomen" way so it will probably rather involve a lot of mat Wrestling (except of Shayna that has power Wrestling moves in her moveset too).

If they are gonna go the mma way in a Wrestling ring then they could take jazzy (Alpha Female) and Renee Michelle for that.

However, I think they are gonna go the "Wrestling 4horsewomen vs MMAs 4horsewomen" way so it will probably rather involve a lot of mat Wrestling (except of Shayna that has power Wrestling moves in her moveset too).

They used the Mae Young Classic to basically turn Marina Shafir heel after they had already shown her as Roderick Strong's better half.

They used the Mae Young Classic to basically turn Marina Shafir heel after they had already shown her as Roderick Strong's better half.

For *Censored*'s sake man, spoilers!

No Io Shirai to WWE after all. Kinda figured this would happen after Stardom announced she would return soon.

From the latest Observer Newsletter

In a big surprise, at the 7/30 Stardom show in Shinkiba, Io Shirai returned. Shirai who many considered the top woman wrestler in Japan, had done her farewell there and was to start here. There was an issue with a neck injury when WWE did their testing of her several months back, which led to her announce she was taking time off for the neck injury and that was the reason she gave for leaving Stardom. WWE hadn’t finalized the deal, and wrestlers are not allowed to say they publicly they are going to WWE until the company announces it first (hence Adam Cole disappearing off the face of the Earth and I have no evidence he’s working these days as an astronaut nor that he was actually poisoned to death as the Young Bucks have implied on “Being the Elite”) so she couldn’t say at the time she was leaving for the U.S. even though most knew it. After a three-way main event, Shirai hit the ring and attacked Oedo Tai and asked Viper (who was in the Mae Young Classic) to join her as a tag team in the Queen’s Quest group. Viper agreed. Shirai announced her return on 8/13 at Korakuen Hall, and that she would also be in the upcoming Five Star Grand Prix tournament (which is their version of G-1, and Jim Cornette should be proud of that name). She also issued a challenge to Team Jungle for the Artist of Stardom championship.
This is because she’s not coming to WWE after all. She contacted Rossy Ogawa and Stardom on 7/28 and said that she was ready to return full-time. Nobody has publicly said WWE changed their minds at bringing her in, but obviously that is what happened. The phraseology being used for Japan is that she got some bad news and told Ogawa she was ready to come back. Nobody has directly said that WWE decided against offering her a contract due to her neck issues that they found in her physicals, but they had stalled on offering her a contract months ago when they found out about the injury while she did her medicals in the U.S. After she did her medicals, WWE wanted her to take time off to rehab her neck. She did that and was just cleared by doctors to return to the ring after her therapy. Then WWE seemingly decided against offering her the deal. While every case is different, WWE has had a general rule of not wanting to bring in new talent that either has concussion issues or neck issues.
It also could be that with Kairi Hojo and Asuka they already have two Japanese women and had discovered more women from other nationalities that they wanted to sign from the Mae Young Classic. Even though most would say Shirai was better than Hojo or Asuka, timing is everything in this business

I call BS on the concussion bit though. If that was the case Kairi Sane wouldn't have been signed either, unlike Io she actually had a a history with concussion related injuries. Hell she's out with one right now.

No Io Shirai to WWE after all. Kinda figured this would happen after Stardom announced she would return soon.

From the latest Observer Newsletter

In a big surprise, at the 7/30 Stardom show in Shinkiba, Io Shirai returned. Shirai who many considered the top woman wrestler in Japan, had done her farewell there and was to start here. There was an issue with a neck injury when WWE did their testing of her several months back, which led to her announce she was taking time off for the neck injury and that was the reason she gave for leaving Stardom. WWE hadn’t finalized the deal, and wrestlers are not allowed to say they publicly they are going to WWE until the company announces it first (hence Adam Cole disappearing off the face of the Earth and I have no evidence he’s working these days as an astronaut nor that he was actually poisoned to death as the Young Bucks have implied on “Being the Elite”) so she couldn’t say at the time she was leaving for the U.S. even though most knew it. After a three-way main event, Shirai hit the ring and attacked Oedo Tai and asked Viper (who was in the Mae Young Classic) to join her as a tag team in the Queen’s Quest group. Viper agreed. Shirai announced her return on 8/13 at Korakuen Hall, and that she would also be in the upcoming Five Star Grand Prix tournament (which is their version of G-1, and Jim Cornette should be proud of that name). She also issued a challenge to Team Jungle for the Artist of Stardom championship.
This is because she’s not coming to WWE after all. She contacted Rossy Ogawa and Stardom on 7/28 and said that she was ready to return full-time. Nobody has publicly said WWE changed their minds at bringing her in, but obviously that is what happened. The phraseology being used for Japan is that she got some bad news and told Ogawa she was ready to come back. Nobody has directly said that WWE decided against offering her a contract due to her neck issues that they found in her physicals, but they had stalled on offering her a contract months ago when they found out about the injury while she did her medicals in the U.S. After she did her medicals, WWE wanted her to take time off to rehab her neck. She did that and was just cleared by doctors to return to the ring after her therapy. Then WWE seemingly decided against offering her the deal. While every case is different, WWE has had a general rule of not wanting to bring in new talent that either has concussion issues or neck issues.
It also could be that with Kairi Hojo and Asuka they already have two Japanese women and had discovered more women from other nationalities that they wanted to sign from the Mae Young Classic. Even though most would say Shirai was better than Hojo or Asuka, timing is everything in this business

I call BS on the concussion bit though. If that was the case Kairi Sane wouldn't have been signed either, unlike Io she actually had a a history with concussion related injuries. Hell she's out with one right now.

I second that. I think that the last Point is probably the real one. They already have two japanese women with asuka and kairi now so "there is no room for a third one" (in their mindset).

She is definately more versatile then Kairi or Asuka for sure but at the end of the day WWEs loss is Stardoms gain.

Besides she will always be able to work full without moveset restrictions or 2 minutes irrelevant squashes in Stardom which would had definately been the case down on NXT since that's what they are mostly doing with every new Talent they bring in to put them over.

Archived