WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

WWE must be mad that the whole Emmalina thing didn't pan out.

I'm surprised they're surprised it didn't.

Right, that's how they seem to be though. Invested all that money into all those promo videos then just dropped it for whatever reason.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE must be mad that the whole Emmalina thing didn't pan out.

I'm surprised they're surprised it didn't.

Right, that's how they seem to be though. Invested all that money into all those promo videos then just dropped it for whatever reason.

Didn't it come out that they were unhappy with her "portrayal of the character"? Shockingly that often happens when you ask someone to be something they're not. Problem's with creative in that respect in my book. Of course the performer usually cops the heat for it.

Over the last few weeks weve seen Becky Lynch and Cris Cyborg exchanging verbal blows over social media, and in the wake of UFC 214 last night the MMA fighter has officially laid out the challenge to The Lass Kicker for SummerSlam.

For those of you who dont know, Cris Cyborg is one of the most feared female fighters on the face of the planet and she cemented herself as one of the all time greats last night by capturing the UFC Featherweight Championship. Her opponent was no chump either, as Tonya Evinger gave the 32-year-old everything she had before finally succumbing to a barrage of knees in the third round.

In terms of the actual challenge Lynch taunted Cyborg through a video on Twitter prior to the bout, with Cris officially laying down the gauntlet shortly after her triumph. Well have to wait and see over the next few days as to whether or not WWE comment on the potential match.

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/891496595619016704

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/891515798446940160

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/867283-cris-cyborg-wins-ufc-featherweight-title-challenges-wwes-becky-lynch-for-summerslam

Whatever happens Becky, please don't die! ?

I thought about it some more and maybe Becky doesn't mind putting Cyborg over. They're pretty similar height (Becky is 5'6" to Cyborg 5'8") and weight (135 lbs. for Becky and Cyborg fights at 145 lbs.) so physically they're well matched. It's certainly an interesting prospect for Summerslam. I would've booked Becky in a match against Ellsworth for the show so it's better than what I would've come up with. :P

On the one hand cool for Becky to get a match with her. On the other hand, great now shes gunna look like crap.

True. we don't need Becky going out like Bart Gunn did against Butterbean.

On the one hand cool for Becky to get a match with her. On the other hand, great now shes gunna look like crap.

1: Becky's and Bart's positions in the company are completely different.

2: I don't think WWE even holds a liscense to host MMA events

3: I doubt they're gonna let one of their top women get punked out by someone who isn't even in the company.

Good way to get heat my friend. You're over in my eyes.

Good way to get heat my friend. You're over in my eyes.

i'm just saying I don't want to see her get beat up either.

Archived