WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god please no. Sasha made a little girl cry in the past she can get heat on her own. Steph needs to *Censored* off

Sasha is too loved by the fans now thats why they need Stephanie cause i don't think the fans would boo Sasha. You can't compare the NXT Crowd to the WWE Main Roster crowd.

You can still have Sasha be associated with Stephanie, you can also add Evil Emma and Nia. If you they do it right that can lead to the build up of Charlotte turning on Stephanie cause she hates Sasha so much that helps her rekindle her friendship with Bayley. Then you can do the Charlotte vs. Nia feud they been teasing since January.

We noted earlier this week how Summer Rae was apparently training for her return at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. Summer has been out of action since last summer with a knee injury.

While Summer has not appeared on WWE TV since the Draft after being sent to the RAW roster, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there's talk of bringing her back to the SmackDown roster with an appearance at WrestleMania 33 in the SmackDown Women's Title match.

Regarding that match, graphics have confirmed that it will be Alexa Bliss defending against Becky Lynch, Mickie James, Carmella and Natalya but it's possible we also see appearances by Naomi, Tamina Snuka, Eva Marie and Summer. There's also been rumors of a stipulation being added to the match.

The Observer adds that it's also possible we see former WWE Superstars return for the SmackDown Women's Title match. We've noted how the company contacted several women from the past about appearing at WrestleMania 33 for an angle or match that has been kept secret. Kelly Kelly and Lisa Marie Varon (Victoria) were among those contacted about working for the company in Orlando that Sunday.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0323/624391/raw-star-returning-to-smackdown-soon/

I'm in for this SD Women's title match y'all. The potential is there for some cool surprises. I have no idea what's going to happen but I love it! That's how I feel about a lot of the matches at Mania. The mystery and the speculation adds to the anticipation which of course leads to me being extremely excited for the show.

It kinda makes me sick when WWE tries to portray Nikki Bella as a role model because she couldn't be further from that, imo. Did you guys hear her 'promo' on Talking Smack? She started rambling on against women who become jealous of more successful women and went on a tangent about how hard working she is. Hard work defo is what got her in the WWE, no doubt.

I also liked when Renee said she got her on Total Divas/Bellas (not sure which). Well I guess she does have power in regards to who's on those shows...

Nothing about that screams bad rolemodel to me tbh.

Well i don't got anymore ideas beside what i posted already. Sasha and Charlotte switch roles and keeps them away from each other until that moment where Bayley, Charlotte and Sasha reunite against a common enemy.

Perhaps their common enemy could be someone like... Asuka?

"According to the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Maria Kanellis and her husband may be WWE bound.

Meltzer reports that Maria and Mike have been secretive about where they are going next and that usually means someone is heading to WWE. He also states that Mike winning the NEW title and losing it so quickly also points to that.

Maria and Mike left TNA, now IMPACT Wrestling back in February, opting not to re-sign a deal when Anthem took over.

Maria and Mikes respective contracts expired in late 2016 and they had been working on per appearance deals over the set of TNA TV tapings. TNA management had attempted to sign the pair to new contracts and according to one source, had agreed to terms with the company only to later inform TNA they would not be signing.

Maria was last seen inside a WWE ring in February of 2010."

Source: Squared Circle Sirens

Current RAW Womens Champion Bayley was interviewed by NBC Sports. She talks about many topics including how it felt to not be called up with the four horsewomen, facing Stephanie McMahon, and more. Check out the highlights:

While three of the Four Horsewomen were called up to the main roster, you stayed down in NXT. Do you think you needed the extra time in developmental?

Bayley: Yeah, now looking back I definitely did. At the time obviously I was like what about me? Im ready, lets go! I wanted to do everything that they did. Now looking back, I think that has been the most important year of my career. I look back and think I wasnt ready. I was so dependent on them throughout my years in NXT. If something went wrong, I always had them, but the year without them was all on me.

The whole division relied on me, everybody came to me for advice. If something went wrong, it was my fault. I really needed that leadership to build confidence in myself. In the future if Im the leader for the locker room in WWE, I know that I can handle it. I was able to work with girls that have never been in a wrestling ring with before, girls who were just getting started, and girls who have been doing it forever like Asuka.

It was the most important year and maybe one of the most fun years Ive had.

Recently youve been paired on television with Stephanie McMahon quite a bit and she plays a character that rarely gets one-upped by a babyface. Have you thought about Bayley-Steph in the same way that Stone Cold Steve Austin had Vince McMahon?

Ive thought about that so many times. Even when I was a kid (laughs). When she was having matches with Lita, I was like I want to have matches with Stephanie one day. Thats one of my dream matches to be honest.

If it could continue on, like you said with Austin and Vince, that would be so much fun, but Im sure its a little much to ask for right now.

Do you find yourself putting extra pressure on your shoulders because youre the champ going into WrestleMania?

Yeah totally. Im probably doing way too much. Leading up to it Im just stressing myself out. Do I need to get into the gym three times a day and try to still make everyone happy by doing all of these things that I need to do? I dont even really know how to prepare for Mania, so Im just doing what I think I need to do and I might be doing too much.

I think once I get to Orlando and I can digest whats actually happening and appreciate it and know like holy crap dude, youre here, then Ill be able to calm down a bit. Right now, I have to be over-prepared.

You can read the full interview here: http://sports.nbcsports.com/2017/03/22/wwes-bayley-facing-stephanie-mcmahon-would-be-a-dream-match/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=6895888&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSports&utm_tags=srm%5Barticle%5D

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/bayley-on-wrestlemania-wanting-to-face-stephanie-mcmahon-more/

Bayley On Her WrestleMania 33 Entrance, Adding Macho Mans Elbow Drop To Her Arsenal, More: http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/bayley-on-her-wrestlemania-33-entrance-adding-macho-mans-elbow-drop-to-her-arsenal-more/

Watching NXT got me to thinking. If Asuka debuts and instead of keeping her character the exact same, they turn her into some type of underdog, I'm done with WWE Womens wrestling.

Lol...they would never do that.

WWE might be known for doing a lot of stupid shit in the past, but they know who Asuka is. And I don't mean her past or her name value in the industry...I mean that they know who she is in relation to their own product.

Archived