WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing a lot of opinions stating Lana will win and get cashed in on instantly. I for one hope that doesn't happen and regardless of the Naomi/Lana outcome, the winner of the MITB case hold onto it for a while.

Hearing a lot of opinions stating Lana will win and get cashed in on instantly. I for one hope that doesn't happen and regardless of the Naomi/Lana outcome, the winner of the MITB case hold onto it for a while.

Hmmm...that sounds like a pretty plausible theory now that I hear it laid out like that. But who would the winner of the case be in that instance? Becky? I don't know...it's like you said, I'd rather the winners of both the men's and women's cases hold onto them and make it less predictable. But, yeah...Lana winning in some fluke victory only to have Becky cash in is something I could see happening.

This is the first ever Women's MITB in history ever. And they're going to spoil all of it in one night? I don't think so. You hang onto that briefcase real tight, make sure everyone knows you're the first ever to do it so you can milk all of the glory. Then you cash in! That's how I'd book it anyways. It's better than a same night cash-in. Besides, I think Naomi will retain but Lana will have a very strong showing. She's so over and I can't wait to see her wrestle one-on-one and see what she's been doing at those NXT house shows and behind the scenes to be an in-ring competitor.

Eva Maries Total Divas replacement has been found but producers didnt cast just one Superstar they chose two members of the Raw roster.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax were recently added to the cast of season seven and filming is now set to begin in a few weeks after the final decision was made.

As we previously reported, Eva will not be returning to the series and producers were interviewing the female roster to find a worthy replacement.

Its unclear at this time if Bliss and Jax are the only two new additions this season.

No word on when the official announcement will be coming out.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/new-total-divas-cast/#.WTrhGyITGaM

Gail Kim recently spoke with Press Box, here are the highlights

On WWE Not Wanting Women to Fight Like Men When She Was There & Triple H Creating Change For Women in WWE: It wasnt politically correct to say out loud, nor would they say that straight up, but Im not going to say which agent said it but they would tell us that Vince doesnt like that. I remember specifically a match I had on Superstars with Jillian [Hall]. We got seven minutes, which was rare back then we usually got three minutes. Theres no way to tell a story in the ring in that time, so when we had a match on Superstars it was like a pay-per-view match [laughs]. Jillian and I had awesome chemistry, so wed want to wrestle. We wanted to do a superplex off the top rope, and the agent again, Im not going to name names said, Go ahead. Ill take the heat for it, because he knew Vince wouldnt really be happy with that. Now I heard WWE has announced a Money in the Bank match for the girls. I honestly feel like [Triple H] has done so much for the girls, because he started that whole thing in NXT with the Four Horsewomen. When I left WWE, he was one of the people who was so positive. He told me, Youre talented and dont let anyone else tell you any different. I was very flattered and glad that he respected womens wrestling.

On Her Back Injury: My back was injured just basically from wear and tear over the years. Luckily, Impact has been so good to me in terms of letting me take time off to make sure Im healthy and never making me feel bad about it. Ive been ready to come back for a little while but [impact Wrestling] has had some time off because we film a bunch of shows once a month or once every other month, so thats the only reason why I havent been back in the ring, but Im going to be back shortly.

On Jeff Jarrett & Anthem Running Impact: I was there when Jeff was in charge when I started with the company, which was when we debuted on Spike TV [in 2005], and the minute he came back this year, you could see the significant change behind the scenes. People are hard on Impact at times. Weve always gone on the roller coaster of ups and downs and people saying, Oh, theyre done, and weve always hung on. I think its truly because of the passion of the people who work for the company, and Jeff is one of them. The best years of my time there were when Jeff was in charge. I feel like were in another rebuilding stage now. Yeah, we dont have the money that WWE has, obviously, but I feel like no matter how low people think the morale gets, our family always sticks together. We always have fun, and by the end of the tapings, we always feel so great.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/gail-kim-triple-h-created-change-for-women-in-wwe/

Full interview: https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/06/07/q-a-impact-wrestling-hall-of-famer-gail-kim

– Naomi spoke with CBS Local for a new interview. Highlights are below:

On pitching the “Feel the Glow” gimmick: “It maybe took me about two years. Back in 2014, I had the idea and wanted to do it, but it wasn’t the right time. … I went at it and stayed persistent about it, because a lot of people didn’t think it would work it, didn’t like it, didn’t understand it, didn’t know what it meant. That was the hardest part, just convincing the higher-ups to just let me try it. Originally, I didn’t want to use black lights, because I wanted to literally glow in the dark. I didn’t want to have light on me. But it just didn’t work, and that’s when we got the idea of using the black light. … Not only that, but finally getting that far and starting to doubt myself. It was like if this doesn’t work I don’t know what there is for me after that. I put so much time and effort into this working, I never thought: what happens if I go out there and I just bomb?”

On rumors that she was filming a new TV show: “What?! I can’t say what it is, but I can tell you it’s for Nickelodeon…I can’t speak on it yet, but it’s definitely a fun show, a kid-friendly show. We went out there and filmed it for four days, and it was a lot of fun. You guys will be seeing that in November, I believe.”

On whether it was a one-time thing or not: “Yeah. It’s not a reality show or anything like that. I wish I could tell you! I’ve probably already told you too much already! It’s just a one-time thing that we filmed, and we had a blast. It’s actually a kids show. It’s a race like a tournament. You guys will see it later this year.”

On the next season of Total Divas: “Oh, yeah. I just got the info this week. So, I will be back on this season. Thank goodness, because I probably would have blown a gasket if I was off another season. Yes, we are on this season, and we have so much for y’all this season. There are a lot of changes and a lot going on in our lives right now outside of work.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/naomi-teases-details-on-new-tv-project-talks-pitching-her-gimmick/

The Calgary Sun recently interviewed WWE Superstar Natalya ahead of Money in the Bank and being a part of the first womens Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Below are some highlights.

Natalya on the womens Money in the Bank match: Rollins used his contract to cash in at the main event at WrestleMania and win the WWE title. Now five women are about to make history, another step in what started as a movement and has evolved into a revolution in WWE history or should I say herstory. That revolution has featured the first womens Hell in Cell match, where Flair and The Boss Sasha Banks made history, a Falls Count Anywhere Match between myself and Nikki Bella, a steel cage match main event on Smackdown Live with Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss, and now this historic ladder match. My foes in this match are four incredibly talented women for whom I have the utmost respect: Tamina Snuka, Carmella, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair. Every one of these girls is tough. Every one of these girls has earned her place in this ladder match.

Natalya on her opponents in the match: Snuka is of Polynesian descent and takes after her father, the late Jimmy Superfly Snuka, in the way she flies in the ring and delivers her signature Snuka splash. Shes fierce and overpowering, with a warrior spirit, and she brings fire and fury every night. Carmella is the so-called moonwalking, trash-talking princess of Staten Island. She is beautiful, but packs a mighty punch. Trust me, Ive been the recipient of it and it hurts! She honed her craft in NXT, earned a place on the main roster and has never looked back. Lynch the straight-fire, self-proclaimed lass kicker is a woman who has given me some of the toughest bouts of my career. Shes not afraid to T-bone suplex a girl all over the ring to get what she wants. We actually competed together more than a decade ago in Japan before either one of us made it to WWE. Now, were both hungry to make a name for ourselves. Then you have my arch-nemesis: Flair. The daughter of superstar Ric Flair, shes a multi-time former champion in WWE and is one of the most athletic women Ive ever wrestled against. Shes strong and she possesses an iron will to succeed which is maybe why we have butted heads so many times in the ring. Both of us being generational kids who have grown up around WWE our entire lives, weve always felt the need to prove ourselves and to escape the shadows cast by our legendary families. Thats what I love about wrestling Charlotte: her hunger. If theres anyone who will rise to the occasion in this ladder match (besides me, of course) its Charlotte.

Her prediction for the match: Five women, one goal and one place in wrestling history. Im so proud of how far we have come and Im so excited for how far we will climb. In my case, it will be straight to the top of that ladder to secure my destiny.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/natalya-is-ready-to-make-herstory-at-money-in-the-bank/

DB-_X8-o_Vw_AAw_N-g.jpg

Another name that we can exclusively confirm that has been signed by WWE is Jessie Elaban.

Jessie took part in the WWE tryout at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida back in October of last year. The same tryout that lead to the signings of Kimber Lee, Heidi Lovelace, and Julia Ho.

Jessie is a fitness and beach volleyball athlete as well as a yoga teacher.

She has arrived at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida this week to start her training with WWE.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/wwe-signs-jessie-elaban/

Archived