WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paige Clarifies Comments On Fans Holding Women Back In WWE Before Women's Revolution

Paige clarified her remarks on Twitter, saying that the blame laid on both the fans and the company, saying that it was "a two way street."

"Fans back then would call us toilet breaks. It was only when the girls, the female superstars took it upon themselves to change the way anyone perceived us. AJ (Lee), the Bellas, myself and the WWE four horsewomen all the superstars wanted to create that change," Paige wrote. "In reality what I said was it's not all on WWE. Up until a few years ago women didn't have the support from a lot of people."

When a user stated that a lot of fans supported the women back then, Paige replied, "Absolutely you guys did. We loved that. But riddle me this, what about when the bra and panties matches were happening? Or when Michelle McCool, Gail Kim etc were busting their asses why wasn't there an uproar then? All I'm saying is.. it's a two way street."

https://www.womens-wrestling.com/2019/02/paige-clarifies-comments-on-fans.html

bullshit. stop blaming the fans for everything. it wasnt us that gave you 2-3 minute matches. it was management that did not put alot of effort in the women/divas. when management doesn't put alot of effort in something, it show in the product, people see it,which makes us think,"well if WWE don't care, why should we?".

I'm not using twitter and the like but I too critisized her comments on Wrestling sites along with many other People that were spot on like you!

We cared all the same when gail, melina, Victoria, michelle and all the other women busted their asses but when the booking says "Kaitlyn will appear in her hometown and get defeated by laycool after one slap, a kick and a finisher", then it's normal that the fans will place such a match and it's booking under the category "piss break".

That term however has nothing to do with the perfomers themselves we all knew they can work when given the opportunity, it was a way many called the matches because you just needed to blink twice and you would lose all the "Action" that happened in around 1 Minute (entrances) and 30 seconds (the match itself).

No fan ever asked for such matches or for such a booking.

Many fans asked for a change many years ago but the social media wasn't as far as it is today so the ways to ask for a change were very limited and the few that were there got ignored because Kevin Dunn just wanted to oversexualize women and talk down to them while Vince obviously thought that since they don't care, nobody else cares either.

Heck there were several women asking for more time and a change within the Division and got even released for that. Others were critisized that they were working matches too much like a "male" and got released or asked to redo matches the "divas way".

Did the fans do all that? Nope!

Even the Indies and TNA gave women more time, storylines, good bookings back in the day showing that they can work matches very well and have the fans invested in them if booked right and yet the wwe didn't care.

So as much as I dislike social media for the most part, it has indeed become a very strong weapon against such things and it indeed helped many fans to shout out to them and rather force them to make a change happen. For that I'm thankful.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shades of Cool

According to 411Mania,

Brie announced her retirement

on the latest episode of Total Bellas. Odds on that sticking?

It probably will. At least for awhile.

It's too bad to see her go though. I would've liked the Bellas to win the tag titles once somewhere down the line.

So yall thought :hqhq:

The Bella Twins may never wrestle together again. Brie Bella announced that she is fully retired with in-ring competition, but WWEs introduction of Womens Tag Team Titles certainly makes it tempting for their return.

During Total Bellas, the Bella Twins Twitter account tweeted out that its hard to think that this is the WWE Evolution will be the last time the Bella Twins will share the ring. Fans were sad to hear about this, but Nikki Bella wont accept Bries retirement.

Not only did Nikki Bella hint at a Bella Twins return during a recent interview, but their Twitter account also tweeted out: Nikki keeps saying never say NEVER.

We will have to wait and see if the Bella Twins will make a return to the ring. They might need to concentrate on keeping Total Bellas on the air because the season finale is next week and so far the ratings for this season havent been outstanding.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/03/17/the-bella-twins-are-tempted-to-make-wwe-return/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shades of Cool

I mean, I get it. But there are so many other people who haven't gotten anything and are still happy in the company, I think Sasha should appreciate what she has gotten.

If she does leave though, I wish her the best.

Sasha is apparently debating if she wants to stay or leave following what went down at WM

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/sasha-banks-wants-out-wwe-company-hoping-she-ll-ride-it-out

^

Spoilers btw for anyone not caught up on WM by now

Was looking for this thread to post this. I dont really like her anymore. She acts like a giant entitled baby. Good god, just *censored*ing leave already. I understand about being passionate, but after a certain while its just selfish to constantly bitch and complain about your position, especially with the cryptic tweets she does every few months.

Honestly, just let her leave so she can see for herself. I dont think theres any other company who has as big as a platform. I know theres STARDOM and Shimmer, but we gonna act like those are on the same level as WWE?

Sasha is apparently debating if she wants to stay or leave following what went down at WM

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/sasha-banks-wants-out-wwe-company-hoping-she-ll-ride-it-out

^

Was looking for this thread to post this. I dont really like her anymore. She acts like a giant entitled baby. Good god, just *censored*ing leave already. I understand about being passionate, but after a certain while its just selfish to constantly bitch and complain about your position, especially with the cryptic tweets she does every few months.

Honestly, just let her leave so she can see for herself. I dont think theres any other company who has as big as a platform. I know theres STARDOM and Shimmer, but we gonna act like those are on the same level as WWE?

I don't see how being upset with the constant stop/start/stop/start booking you get is "selfish". Every title she has had she has lost on the first defense, she finally got the Women's Tag belts she and Bayley were begging Vince for, only to drop them less than two months later rarher uneventfully in a match where they were not even the main story. And that's not even going into the mess that she and Bayley were in for the majority of last year.

Id hate to see Sasha go shes still my favorite Womens wrestler ever but i can also understand the fruatration. The womens tag titles were the first big thing her & Bayley had in months and it lasted only a month. Plus im sure commentary saying every week how she cant defend a title can chip away at your confedence.

^

I don't see how being upset with the constant stop/start/stop/start booking you get is "selfish". Every title she has had she has lost on the first defense, she finally got the Women's Tag belts she and Bayley were begging Vince for, only to drop them less than two months later rarher uneventfully in a match where they were not even the main story. And that's not even going into the mess that she and Bayley were in for the majority of last year.

How is it not selfish to quit after threatening to quit after losing tag team titles ? Im not saying shes been booked perfectly. She hasnt. She hasnt even had a single successful defense. Im not even saying she shouldnt voice her displeasure to management, but constantly complaining via social media and threatening to quit because you lost a title is absolutely selfish. Especially to first time champs in the IIconics. Id be pissed at her if I was them.

^

How is it not selfish to quit after threatening to quit after losing tag team titles ? Im not saying shes been booked perfectly. She hasnt. She hasnt even had a single successful defense. Im not even saying she shouldnt voice her displeasure to management, but constantly complaining via social media and threatening to quit because you lost a title is absolutely selfish. Especially to first time champs in the IIconics. Id be pissed at her if I was them.

You mean the tag titles she and Bayley spent MONTHS begging and pleading Vince to create, which she won and dropped fairly quickly while not even being the main story in said match? Plus there is also the rumour that they wanted her and Bayley to lose in a handicap match to Alexa. How can you go from being first ever tag champs to losing 2-on-1? I can very easily see it being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Archived