WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shades of Cool

I mean...the way she made it looks like shit (with full slices like that). But, pineapple and ham on pizza (in a logically distributed manner) is fine. That's a Hawaiian pizza, and that shit is just dandy. I really don't get that never-ending debate. People who have a serious issue with pineapple on pizza must have eaten some shitty pizza (such as Bayley's full pineapple slice shit). You cut that shit into small pieces...it's fine. Almost anything works on pizza.

Guest Shades of Cool

What am I missing?

Bayley made pizza with pineapple on it.

Apparently, twitter mark #156,997 thinks she should be stripped of the tag title for it.

They were never my favorite choice to win the titles by any stretch, but those twitter marks need to hold up.

I mean...the way she made it looks like shit (with full slices like that). But, pineapple and ham on pizza (in a logically distributed manner) is fine. That's a Hawaiian pizza, and that shit is just dandy. I really don't get that never-ending debate. People who have a serious issue with pineapple on pizza must have eaten some shitty pizza (such as Bayley's full pineapple slice shit). You cut that shit into small pieces...it's fine. Almost anything works on pizza.

Yeah, giant pieces of pineapple isn't what you do on a pizza, but mmmm... I love Hawaiian pizza.

What am I missing?

Bayley made pizza with pineapple on it.

Apparently, twitter mark #156,997 thinks she should be stripped of the tag title for it.

They were never my favorite choice to win the titles by any stretch, but those twitter marks need to hold up.

Yeah, giant pieces of pineapple isn't what you do on a pizza, but mmmm... I love Hawaiian pizza.

So do I.

Paige Clarifies Comments On Fans Holding Women Back In WWE Before Women's Revolution

Paige has been receiving some criticism for comments she made during a recent conference call regarding the current Women's Revolution. While promoting the movie Fighting with My Family, Paige claimed that before the Revolution started, the problem with the progress in women's wrestling was that the fans were not taking them seriously.

"It was never WWE holding the women back," Paige said, via Gulf News. "It was the fans not taking them seriously. They wanted to see more of the male characters many years ago. It was a male dominated sport."

Since the Attitude Era started in the late 1990's, WWE women's matches were usually relegated to women being stripped down to as little clothing as possible. Bra and panties matches, which were a staple with the company for nearly a decade, ended in 2007 when WWE decided to move in a PG direction. From 2007 until the Women's Revolution was officially coined in 2015, women's matches would rarely be given any time, and were usually not in a prime spot on the show.

"When I first started (in 2014), there were only five women there," Paige said. "It was a struggle but WWE just believed in us. When I got into the ring, I wanted to prove to the fans that girls were capable of having good matches and sometimes, even better. That was kind of my mission from the get go. Now there's obviously a revolution."

Paige clarified her remarks on Twitter, saying that the blame laid on both the fans and the company, saying that it was "a two way street."

"Fans back then would call us toilet breaks. It was only when the girls, the female superstars took it upon themselves to change the way anyone perceived us. AJ (Lee), the Bellas, myself and the WWE four horsewomen all the superstars wanted to create that change," Paige wrote. "In reality what I said was it's not all on WWE. Up until a few years ago women didn't have the support from a lot of people."

When a user stated that a lot of fans supported the women back then, Paige replied, "Absolutely you guys did. We loved that. But riddle me this, what about when the bra and panties matches were happening? Or when Michelle McCool, Gail Kim etc were busting their asses why wasn't there an uproar then? All I'm saying is.. it's a two way street."

https://www.womens-wrestling.com/2019/02/paige-clarifies-comments-on-fans.html

bullshit. stop blaming the fans for everything. it wasnt us that gave you 2-3 minute matches. it was management that did not put alot of effort in the women/divas. when management doesn't put alot of effort in something, it show in the product, people see it,which makes us think,"well if WWE don't care, why should we?".

Fans react to what they are given. If you give them something for a long time, then that is what they expect to keep getting. You can't claim that the fans held women back just because they expected to keep having scantily clad divas in bra and panty matches and shit.

The type of people who show up to live shows are the exact type of people that the current product caters to. If you cater to sexists, you get a crowd of sexists. If you cater to children, you get a crowd full of children. So...again, WWE doesn't get to perpetuate certain types of behavior and then complain when that's what their fanbase is comprised of. It always baffles me when wrestlers choose to see it the other way around. You dictate what the product is, not us. People like sex...but that doesn't mean that you need to give them sex, or box in the female performers as being solely sexual. It also doesn't mean that the current women can't be sexual. I mean...a healthy balance is the right place to be.

Archived