WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charly Caruso revealed on Instagram that she has joined ESPN. She will continue working for WWE.

Caruso noted that she will be working on SportsCenter updates for ESPN, starting today. She will also host the SportsCenter Snapchat show.

Below is her full post on the new gig:

Charly ArnoltESPN. WHAAAAAT!!! Been waiting my whole life to say those 4 letters! So yep, here I amofficially an ESPN employee! (No, I am NOT leaving WWE! Thats still my home and I am so happy there!) Ill be doing a few things at ESPN from time to time for now, including SportsCenter updates and hosting the SportsCenter on Snapchat show. Im still in disbelief. WWE + ESPN = KILLER COMBO! I am so incredible appreciative and fortunate for both of these wonderful opportunities! Check me out all day today and tomorrow doing SC updates #espn #sportscenter #sports #football #anchor #host #basketball #news #wwe #nyc #dreamcometrue #bucketlist #goals #lifeiscrazy

Damn, Charles pulled off what Renee Young couldn't a couple years ago lol.

Here's what she said about Alberto

I chose not to reply to that at the second. It hurt my feelings; but, I didn’t want him to know it hurt my feelings at that point. It wasn’t like it hurt my feelings in like, ‘Oh, I can’t believe you said that about me.’ You’re making fun of someone that had mental health issues. Like, who does that? I’m glad that he’s moved on and found someone. I love that. I want him & I want his family to be happy. I just wanted him to leave me alone. After a year of us not being together, I never expected him to bring me up. I was like I’m not even gonna respond to that right now. I wish him the best of luck. You don’t make fun of someone that has mental health issues. He knew I was depressed and how I was at the bottom and I wanted to kill myself. He knew all that stuff, so to throw it out there like that is pretty mean. It’s uncalled for, unnecessary. I was like, ‘Am I being bullied right now? What is going on here?’
I told my family straightaway. I was like, ‘Don’t reply to him. He’s not even worth it.’ Right now, I’m at the stage of my life where I’m the happiest I’ve ever been and I’m not gonna let someone like him bring me down. Maybe he’s not as successful as he wanted to be, I don’t know; but, I don’t have time for that. I don’t have time for that kind of stuff. I don’t know if it’s jealousy; but, it’s immature. He’s 41 years old. Don’t talk like that about a woman first of all, especially on the internet for everyone to see, especially when you’re in the public eye. Just keep your mouth shut. You don’t like me. That’s fine. We haven’t had any contact for over year. It just baffles me. Like, ‘What? Just leave me alone.’ It’s kind of laughable in the end. It’s like, ‘Come on dude, you look sad.’

So Charlotte is being sued by her ex-husband (her first one, not Bram) for saying in her and Ric's book that he shoots blanks lol. And that the book makes him out to be a domestic abuser and it has hurt his image and all that. He's apparently saying now he has dashcam footage of her using racist comments against a police officer.

So Charlotte is being sued by her ex-husband (her first one, not Bram) for saying in her and Ric's book that he shoots blanks lol. And that the book makes him out to be a domestic abuser and it has hurt his image and all that. He's apparently saying now he has dashcam footage of her using racist comments against a police officer.

If that is the case then she better get ready to go to RoH or Impact. Hogan proved WWE does not like racists.

• 2 weeks later...

I brought this up in the Evolution thread but would like to discuss here... it great seeing all the past stars come back for events such as this and the Royal Rumble but I hope in the future we see different people come back for surprise spots.

People I'd like to see in action include: Victoria, Eve, Kharma and Melina! They'd all be super cool to see at the Rumble next year.

WWE has already added one major sporting star to their roster this year in Ronda Rousey. It looks like they could have their eye on another. Stephanie McMahon was recently interviewed by The Sun to talk about several professional wrestling topics. During their conversation, McMahon was asked about what other major sporting stars she’d like to see in WWE. McMahon immediately named tennis star Serena Williams, “Serena! I want Serena. She’s awesome.”

Williams, 37, has been, arguably, tennis’ biggest star since the late ’90s. Along with her sister, Venus, the Williams family have captured several tennis championships. Perhaps Williams would be interested in capturing gold in another athletic venture if given the opportunity in WWE. The addition of Williams to the WWE roster would be another major step for the Women’s Revolution.

In regards to the revolution, McMahon credits the contributions of NXT as a major helping point as well:

“The women in NXT then started stealing the show and that’s when our audience started chanting ‘this is wrestling’ and that’s what really gave rise to the ‘give women a chance’ movement,” McMahon said. “Our fans are empowered because they know they have a voice and they make things happen.”

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/stephanie-mcmahon-wants-another-major-female-sports-star-in-wwe/

Pro Wrestling Illustrated has named their Top 10 Female Wrestlers of 2018

1. Ronda Rousey

2. Alexa Bliss

3. Charlotte Flair

4. Io Shirai

5. Asuka

6. Shayna Baszler

7. Carmella

8. Nia Jax

9. Mayul Watani

10. Kairi Sane

Becky has only been allowed to shine since August so that's probably why she's #11

^ Try telling that to people who don't seem to realize that PWI's rankings are based on kayfabe accomplishments like the number of titles won, win/loss record, feuds, etc. In that case, I can understand why Rousey tops the list. Her debut at WM was probably enough for her to crack the top 10 straight away.

Archived