WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shades of Cool

Seriously???? :huh: An all Women's pay-per view? Pay-per views aren't even any more special than a regular show, I don't even care about this.

I just wanted Women tag titles.

What if... what if WWE made an entire womens only show every week? Like 205 live but just women? Maybe thats the crazy announcement

They wouldn't ever do that without testing how an all women's show would go down with the general audience. Hence an all female PPV.

I know but maybe they feel confident after how well the MYC did for them?

How well did the MYC do?

I remember reports when it first happened about huge numbers for it on the network?

I don't remember that at all. Actually I thought it did far worse than the Cruiserweight Classic.

Guest Shades of Cool

With 50 women competing in the pay-per-view is safedice a couple Battle Royal an introduction to the tag team and singles title safe to say this is a way to show if they're going to go to a weekly show for the women

I don't want a women only show and or male only show. Do they want to turn this into female only and male only boarding schools? :poke:

Hahaha I'm fine with a all female event every once in a while but wouldn't want them to become exclusive all year round.

Guest Shades of Cool

Hahaha I'm fine with a all female event every once in a while but wouldn't want them to become exclusive all year round.

Agreed. It goes hand and hand with how they feel like all they want to be now is just a indie wrestling company who is trying to take itself seriously and have no story arcs, since a story is always good with both male and female characters. And I love stories, it's not the same without them. Why else do you think the WWE is not as enjoyable as it was? Even in around 2011-2013 it still was story driven, they all a sudden decided to mostly drop stories off the face of the earth sometime after that.

Agreed. It goes hand and hand with how they feel like all they want to be now is just a indie wrestling company who is trying to take itself seriously and have no story arcs, since a story is always good with both male and female characters. And I love stories, it's not the same without them. Why else do you think the WWE is not as enjoyable as it was? Even in around 2011-2013 it still was story driven, they all a sudden decided to mostly drop stories off the face of the earth sometime after that.

Yeah the quality of stories has been going down more and more.

If you were hoping to see the WWE introduce Women’s Tag Team Championships over the next couple months, it appears you’ll have to wait a little bit longer.

In an interview with Sky Sports, Stephanie McMahon says you won’t see tag straps for the female athletes introduced in time for the Evolution PPV on October 28. “Not quite yet but that’s absolutely something we’ve heard loud and clear from our fan base and it’s something we’re keen on implementing as soon as we are able to,” Steph explained.

WWE’s Chief Brand Officer also wouldn’t rule out wrestling at the event, but noted the focus needs to be on the athletes who perform day-in and day-out.

“We want to make sure our superstars really get the spotlight they deserve — but if it makes sense, then absolutely. But that’s yet to be determined,” she added.

As soon as Wrestlemania 34 was over, the rumors started circulating about Ronda Rousey and the women headlining Wrestlemania 35. While Stephanie wasn’t in a position to comment on that, she told Sky Sports she hopes the day that happens isn’t too far off.

“We’re certainly making strides and changes are happening every single day,” she added. “That can’t happen fast enough for me – but we’ve definitely seen positive momentum and moves towards that.”

You can read Sky Sports’ full conversation with Stephanie by clicking here.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/womens-tag-titles/#.W1iS5C0ZPRY

The women's tag titles don't need to be ready for Evolution. Let them roll them out when they have them ready, no need to rush it. There are plenty of title matches announced for Evolution already and we already get a first time champion in the NXTUK Women's Championship.

I'm thinking they might hold the tag titles off until next years Evolution that way they can have a year to put teams together, build them up and hype the tournament or whatever they do when the time comes.

Seems like they really do want to tear down most successful things that come from NXT. Charlotte probably would be in the same boat if she wasn't the daughter of an Icon.

Archived