WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last night’s airing of the WWE Hall of Fame 2018 special, the WWE confirmed the return of several shows for the WWE Network, including a second annual Mae Young Classic tournament!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/982443140693950470

Also confirmed for the Network were new seasons of their WWE 24 documentary, one of which will be for Ronda Rousey, and a new season of Table for 3.

WWE Superstar Natalya tweeted that she, Nia Jax and WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix recently filmed an episode for the upcoming season:

https://twitter.com/NatbyNature/status/982292607500894208

There are currently no details on when any of these new programs will air but we will keep you updated with any new information as they come in.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/145120/second-mae-young-classic-tournament-confirmed-for-2018/

As noted, Paige officially announced her in-ring retirement on last night's RAW during an in-ring segment. PWInsider reports that this was Paige's final scheduled appearance on WWE TV. No word yet on what will happen to Absolution with Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville now but Paige will remain on the Total Divas cast and will be a big part of the promotional push for WWE Studios' "Fighting With My Family" movie. It's been expected that WWE would keep Paige around in some fashion, possibly as a coach at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0410/638852/paige-wwe-future/

Goodbye Mandy Rose. I still think that Sonya has life on the main roster.

I'd be all for Sonya and Mandy splitting up

And love the idea of Goldust managing Mandy. I think it would be really good for her and the division in general. Goldust could be a great shitty heel manager like Ric was for Charlotte.

ALSO: THIS THREAD WILL NO LONGER BE PINNED.

Why is this no longer pinned?

We are going to leave the pinned threads to shows threads only.

If this thread is as active as it should be then it should stay as one of the top threads anyway. :)

At WrestleMania, former UFC Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey stunned many spectators with her performance, and received unanimously positive reviews. Rousey made a triumphant comeback as a combat athlete, as her previous, and final, two UFC matches ended up in embarrassing defeat.

After losing to Holly Holm at UFC 193, Rousey even admitted having serious battles with depression, and even suicide.

"Honestly, my thought in the medical room, I was sitting in the corner and was like, 'What am I anymore if I'm not this?'" said Rousey on an episode of The Ellen Degeneres Show in 2016. "Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself. In that exact second, I'm like, 'I'm nothing. What do I do anymore? No one gives a s--- about me anymore without this.'" (h/t ESPN)

Rousey recently discussed her father deciding to take his life to Tyler Henry of the show Hollywood Medium, which airs tonight.

"My dad, he had broke his back, and he happened to have a really rare blood disorder that kept him from healing, similar to hemophilia and it doesn't allow you to clot your blood," said Rousey. "And so, for years, he was getting platelet transfusions and trying to put rods in his back, everything. Eventually [the doctors] said you're gonna be a paraplegic and then a quadriplegic and then you're gonna die and there's nothing we can do about it.

"And so, my dad decided to take matters into his own hands because he was in a huge amount of pain every day. He couldn't work anymore, he felt like he was just a drag on the family and he was very much like a person who takes care of everyone. And he drove his car out and he put a hose in the exhaust. I was eight years old."

Rousey shared more about her father's suicide.

"I remember that what he passed, I would just try to tell myself that he was on a business trip and he'd be back. And that was my way to cope with it," Rousey said. "But, I wouldn't be crying unless he was awesome. He was the best."

You can hear Rousey's full account tonight at 9 p.m. EDT on E!

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0411/638889/ronda-rousey-recounts-her-father-committing-suicide/

Nia Jax On Finding Herself In WWE, Response To Her Current Storyline, Being A Homegrown WWE Talent (Mania spoilers)

New RAW Womens Champion Nia Jax spoke with the In This Corner podcast ahead of Wrestlemania 34; you can read a few highlights (transcription credit to Bill Pritchard for Wrestlezone.com) and listen to the show below:

Nia Jax comments on finding herself as a character in WWE and not having anyone like her before:

When I grew up, I always watched the amazing women, and youre right I didnt just have anyone to kind of be like I want to be exactly like her but I think right now within the company and with NXT, I was able to grow and figure out myself. Im still, Nia Jax is still finding herself, but its cool because I love to show all kinds of boys, girls, men, women, you should always embrace who you are. Never allow astigmatism, or the popular thing to define you. So Im really excited that I get to create something different and new, and hopefully continue to evolve.

Nia comments on coming up with Alexa Bliss and other homegrown WWE talent:

Its crazy because I didnt even think of it that way. I dont know if you heard, but [Alexa Bliss] worked my tryout, so thats where I first met her and we instantly connected, or I harassed her until she became my friend. [laughs] Its really cool because when you walk into something so big the [WWE] Performance Center is outstanding, you know if you havent been there, and Im sure youve seen videos of itit is so cool. It is an honor to walk through those doors, and when you take your first bump or do your first flip, youre just thinking like oh my gosh, how am I going to get to a full match or for ten minutes, let alone 30 minutes? Youre right because we are an exact product of NXT and WWE. Thats actually something that when I had tried outI was originally going to go work with the Wild Samoans, with Afamy cousin had said you need to go actually try out for WWE because they have their own way. So when I did, thankfully they liked me, and the rest is kind of history now.

Nia comments on the response to her current storyline:

I appreciate the love and the reactions that they give me. When youre initially a heel, its easier to be a heel. Id rather people hate me than try to get them to love me. Im the same way, if someone tries to force me or anything, Im like no, back up. I love the fact that the fans have reacted so well to this story because it is such a relatable story. Everybody at one point in their time has experienced it on either end. I feel like this is why people are relating to it better and reacting to it and having such a its funny because a lot of young kids are like thank you so much for actually telling this story, because this is what Im going through. They get to see me face my bully.

Nia comments on her relationship with Byron Saxton that has been profiled on shows like WWE Ride Along:

Byron Saxton is creepy. He has a relationship between me and him going on in his head. Im not included in this personally, like I am but Im not. He has a weird fetish with my feet, he loves to call me different kinds of names like Samoan Sweetcake and Twinkle Toes. It goes on from there.

I cant respond to him, I barely open up his messages. He creeps me out.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/943009-nia-jax-comments-finding-wwe-response-current-storyline-homegrown-wwe-talent

Archived