WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

Even the womens wrestling marks have to admit that the copy and paste factions on both RAW and SD have been booked terribly so far. They are barely a threat at this point.

The whole mastermind reveal, if they go that route, is kinda meaningless now since who in the right mind would want to take credit for this failure.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think the debut of Absolution and Riott Squad was just a really quick, easy, and super lazy way to debut a handful of NXT women in order to deepen the roster on both brands - and to also get more attention on the division right in time for the Rumble match since nothing really interesting has happened since the MITB.

The reason why I say it's a "super lazy way", is because at this point it doesn't seem as if there's one big mastermind behind the two groups considering the major similarities in their booking.

The problem with the stables is the problem with most WWE booking, they have no long term plans. They just book for the now, it literally feels like they have no idea where they're going with most of the roster.

You know how I know what you just said is 100% accurate?

Whatever happened to that Absolution/Asuka side plot? Completely vanished. There is literally no follow-up to half the angles they begin unless it is main event related.

The booking is slightly different though cause Paige still remains undefeated while Ruby as the head of her faction has been already defeated in a match. I think that they will save paige for a bigger match or she might even surprisingly win the rumble.

No one said the booking was exactly the same. It's very similar. The basis behind both groups is that they want to take over the division. The win/loss record doesn't mean much.

I'm sure the only reason why Paige is undefeated is because she just recently returned and is a lot more established than the majority of the division - and she's a veteran. I wouldn't doubt it if she's slated to win the Rumble...but apparently she's too injured to even compete now, so who knows.

No one said the booking was exactly the same. It's very similar. The basis behind both groups is that they want to take over the division. The win/loss record doesn't mean much.

I'm sure the only reason why Paige is undefeated is because she just recently returned and is a lot more established than the majority of the division - and she's a veteran. I wouldn't doubt it if she's slated to win the Rumble...but apparently she's too injured to even compete now, so who knows.

Agree. Some people wrote *it's the same*, thats why I wrote it's slightly different.

Maybe they are just luring us into believing she won't be able to compete to have her surprisingly enter? :)

At least I hope so cause being injured after such a short time again really sucks. :(

The two factions are fine. The booking is fine.

For a guy who I can usually tell knows the difference between good and bad writing, I really dont know how you stick up for WWE so often lol.

They would be fine if they were over despite the booking. But they arent.

Because bitching about WWE's writing is so fruitless and redundant and tiresome in 2018, they've always been the same. The booking of these two factions is FINE, and that's it. There isn't much more to it other than it's fine.

I'm not sticking up for them. Not everyone has to post negativity about things all the time, sometimes things can be just fine and not worth bothering about. Devils advocate mate, and if you think that's sticking up for them, then call me cringe or something idc.

I agree, Crazy.

And it is worth bothering about when it's not even fine. If it's not helping the wrestlers get over, entertaining the vast majority of people watching or progressing with any sort of logic (two factions debuting the same week...with no connection or no questions being asked about whether they're connected...and already losing regularly like everybody else and not following up on certain things), there's literally no point in paying any attention to it.

Not to mention how much discussing/questioning the lack of logic of something differs from fruitless bitching and moaning...

The latter is say, complaining about there being a ladder tag match at Mania or tag teams with promising singles careers being broken up or about a monster like Braun beating up your favourite jobber on a random episode of RAW.

A fan recently asked Dave Meltzer why Kairi Sane hasnt wrestled since the NXT Takeover: WarGames event. Meltzer stated that she was banged up. The angle with Shayna Baszler attacking her was obviously done to write her out.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/kairi-sane-reportedly-banged-up/

Wasn't she banged up after the MYC tapings too? That's not good.

Well the attack was Prior to Christmas and she was in Stardom at the 24th to join Yoko Bitos retirement ceremony since they were a tag team before.

Maybe she took time off for a bit longer to be with friends and Family for a bit.

At the ceremony she said that she is missing everyone cause she is totally alone in the USA.

Before you ask, I know it because I watched it (I'm subscribed to Stardom).

Archived