WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to PWInsider.com, WWE is bringing in former Divas Champion Eve Torres to Orlando for WrestleMania 33 weekend, likely to appear at WrestleMania AXXESS. Its also possible that Torres might be appearing at WrestleMania, in whatever angle WWE might run involving past female WWE stars.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/819607-former-wwe-divas-champion-being-brought-in-for-wrestlemania-indy-vet-coaching-at-wwe-pc-new-day-ringing-nyse-bell-today

Niice. Mania possibly having Kelly, Eve, Michelle McCool and whoever else it could be a sign of 2k18 including past Divas Champions. Especially being that the championship was created 10 years ago from that date.

Post the lyrics of an Ali G song, Creep. Then everything will be cool.

Don't want to risk it. SexualAssaultDriver probably already has some strands of my hair and some fingernails.

Underrated comment :lol:

So, the RAW Women's Championship match at Mania is going to be fought under Elimination Rules... interesting.

I see Nia being eliminated first through a combined effort, Sasha being eliminated next by Bayley and then flipping the f*** out and destroying Bayley, Charlotte capitalises and walks out champion being it's the WWE

So, the RAW Women's Championship match at Mania is going to be fought under Elimination Rules... interesting.

I see Nia being eliminated first through a combined effort, Sasha being eliminated next by Bayley and then flipping the f*** out and destroying Bayley, Charlotte capitalises and walks out champion being it's the WWE

Its pretty obvious who the last two are gonna be.

WWE Superstar Paige says the pain she recently suffered due to online trolls cyber bullying her over stolen XXX material made her want to physically harm herself and now she wants justice.

Paige tweeted Monday night saying, I made a big mistake. Huge. I put trust in the hands of someone that took advantage of young girls years ago. It was my mistake and Ill always take responsibility.

Adding, Not only was I a victim a viral humiliation but a victim of cyber bullying. I had days where I wanted to physically harm myself. Not only for what millions was telling me but because my family and my husband were suffering the same fate from the internet because of my mistake.

The wrestler is referring to Del Rio as her husband in the statement. For those who missed it, Alberto El Patron announced on Instagram this afternoon that theyre getting married on Wednesday.

Paige continues, We wanna bring those people to justice and also take down the ones who are trolls, with the lack of a better term.

Read the full statement below.

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/846571091854266368

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/paige-cyber-bullying/#.WNny7BIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

From USA Today Sports

WWE trainer Sara Amato takes pride in women's success ahead of WrestleMania

"Womens wrestler Bayley acknowledges that she started to feel lost at certain times last summer when she was champion of NXT, WWEs brand focused on developement, and the women she had worked with for years had moved up to the main roster on RAW and Smackdown.

But she knew exactly who to turn to Sara Amato the same person she had turned to for the previous four years as Bayleys character grew into one of the most popular in the wrestling business, male or female.

She was always there to help me through every match, to build my confidence and just point me in the right direction, said Bayley, now the RAW womens champion. She has so much experience and knowledge. The womens division has been very, very lucky to have her.

Amato was hired as the first female coach in WWE history in 2012 and was recently named the companys inaugural director of womens wrestling. The role encompasses trainer, coach, mentor, producer and advocate.

Performers coached by Amato will be all over Sunday's WrestleMania in Orlando, and those she currently works with will be part of NXT Takeover: Orlando on Saturday.

Im a big fan of trying to empower the women to think for themselves, she says. They dont have the same sensibilities that I would as a performer and as an athlete, and the competitions different now, so I want them to find their way to tell a compelling story in the ring, to be a compelling performer

I really like exposing people to wrestling in a different way and seeing their passion for this develop. To me, thats the highlight of what I do.

As a performer, Amato, now 36, worked around the world on the independents as Sara Del Rey, and was so proficient she was nicknamed The Death Rey. She was a star in promotions such as Shimmer and Chikara and elsewhere. In 2012, she became the fourth woman ever named to the annual PWI 500,a ranking of the world's top 500 pro wrestlers by Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

A discipline of former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan when Bryan was the head instructor for All Pro Wrestling in California, Amato had been trained by men when she started, but was trained by women when she worked in Japan and Mexico.

I know training under a woman because youre wrestling with women is something completely different than training under a man, she said. Ive always very much liked being in the ring, but not so much performing in front of people. I just thought (being a coach) would be a very good fit for me and for my passion to fulfill my love of wrestling.

Four-time WWE womens champion Charlotte Flair, who was coached by Amato at NXT, puts it more succinctly: They brought in a female coach and look where weve taken things.

Men had always been teaching the girls, Flair said. The perception was men are better, they know more, they have more experience so the guys should be training the girls.

Amatos hire was another step in a movement by WWE executives to change the perception of womens wrestling by changing the type of performers they hired. That extended to their coach.

Sara Amato was one of the most important hires in modern WWE history, says Mike Johnson, who covers the industry for PWInsider.com. She was an extremely talented pro wrestler who could step inside the ropes with the girls and help guide and direct them with a women's perspective as well as the perspective of a veteran performer. She has a keen eye for making talent stand out and for mentally and physically prepping them."

WWE Smackdown Womens Champion Alexa Bliss recently spoke with Brian Fritz for Sporting News; you can read a few highlights below:

Alexa Bliss on whether or not its sunk in that shes a big part of Wrestlemania 33:

It has and it hasnt. Its one of those things Im super excited to go to WrestleMania, especially as SmackDown womens champion. Its the epitome of whats everyone wants to accomplish in their career, but I feel like its really gonna hit me when Im at Mania backstage before going out on the stage. I think thats when its going to hit me. Thats normally when the nerves kick in and the excitement kicks in and I think thats when its going to hit me.

Bliss comments on appearing on Talking Smack:

I love Talking Smack. It is so much fun. We just literally go out there and say whatever we want. Somehow, its never planned, but somehow I end up bickering with Daniel Bryan every single time. Its a lot of fun and it does so much for everyones character to really show what we cant portray in the ring whether its time, whether its having a match with no speaking parts. Its that moment that really can help define who you are in the ring and I love being on Talking Smack because its fun to literally go out there and talk smack.

Bliss on how many opponents she expects to face on Sunday night at Wrestlemania:

To be honest, I have no idea. I keep trying to find out and Daniel Bryan, who made the match, wont even tell me. So I think thats extremely rude. Thats just me. I told him put whoever you want in this match. I dont care. Im a fighting champion and Ill show you what Ive been saying is that I deserve to be SmackDown womens champion and I plan on leaving WrestleMania still SmackDown womens champion. So he can throw whoever he wants at me, however many women. I dont care because Im a fighting champion and thats what I do.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/819943-alexa-bliss-comments-on-wrestlemania-33-role-how-many-opponents-she-expects-growing-as-a-singles-star

As if Eva wasn't more entertaining than the women we have now...

Aside from her looks, I have no idea how you'd be entertained by her...

I'd rather watch Alexa Bliss.

Seeing her get the crowd riled up by simply showing up to do nothing was brilliant.
Yup. She was a perfect heel.

If you think being a "perfect heel" is just being naturally hateable then you have no idea what a heel is. It's not just about being booed, you have to be able to work off the crowd, wrestle as a heel, manipulate crowds through promos. All kinds of stuff. Not simply just being booed for showing up and looking pretty.

I don't even hate Eva Marie, but to call her the "perfect heel" is ridiculous.

Archived