WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

As noted in May, top Japanese star, Io Shirai, had signed with the WWE after a neck injury initially delayed her signing with the company last year. At an NXT live event in Tokyo, Shirai formally announced her move to the WWE. Below, Shirai also posted a photo of a new mask with the WWE logo on it. According to a fan in attendance at the NXT event, Shirai said:

"I have kept you waiting, this summer I will join WWE. I will shine from this world stage ring. Please share this dream with me, everyone! Thank you and see you soon!

https://twitter.com/Vitalinho_/status/1013003903716155393

https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1012991190310907904

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0630/642319/japanese-star-formally-announces-wwe-signing/

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sasha Banks recently appeared on In This Corner w/ Brian Campbell where she went into several subjects from being underutilized in the ring to turning heel.

Banks said it was a dream come true to wrestle in a Money In The Bank Ladder Match. Even though she didn't walk away as the winner, she still got to live out her dream of participating in a ladder match like so many of her heroes from the past.

"It was such a dream come true to be part of the Money in the Bank Ladder match," Banks said. "It's so crazy, watching Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon and now I am here doing exactly what they were doing, so it's a dream come true. I thought the women killed it better than the guys. I can't wait for next year and hopefully, I get the briefcase next year."

Banks says that she gives it her all every time she's in the ring because she was once told if you work hard you can't be unhappy with yourself. This is a life-lesson she still keeps with her as she addressed the idea of being underutilized in WWE.

"I feel like I go out there every single week and give it 110%, and as I was told by a good friend, as long as you work hard you can't be unhappy with yourself. That is what I do every single week that as long as I am going out there every single week and giving it 110%, I can't be mad. Whether they want to push me or not, I am always going to give it 110% and will always be the Legit Boss and keep on putting on great matches and stealing the show. I am honestly living my dream every single day so there aren't too many things to be mad at, I'm still going to be the best though."

Banks and Bayley are presently feuding and there is a reason why the two are so often associated with each other on television. The Boss and The Hugger have a unique chemistry due to so many years of working closely together. Banks continued as she explained how Bayley is her kryptonite.

"We work together because I think we are almost one in the same," Banks said. "I feel like I am the devil on someone's shoulder and she is the angel. For some reason, Bayley is my kryptonite, I can't beat her even though I am better than her, she is my kryptonite. I have to show the world that I am better than her, I am better than all of the wrestlers on the roster, I am just the best, period. That is why I have that chip on my shoulder. No matter how many times I prove it every single week there are people that doubt me and I have to keep on proving the doubters that I am the greatest, and Bayley is one of them."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0703/642406/sasha-banks-on-if-she-is-underutilized-in-wwe/

Full interview: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cbssportscom/in-this-corner-with-brian-campbell

On The Board at F4WOnline.com, Dave Meltzer addressed a rumor about Nia Jaxs recent social media behavior toward Alexa Bliss (unfollowing her, liking negative comments directed at Bliss) saying its not a work and has resulted in Jax having real-life heat with WWE officials.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/7/5/17534578/rumor-roundup-july-5-2018-daniel-bryan-status-plans-jax-heat-bliss-feud-cappotelli-warrior-award

It looks like WWE is going to make it up to the female roster after they were excluded from the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia.

Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that WWE officials have been talking about an all womens event for the main roster talent. If it happens then it would take place sometime this fall.

At this point, its not clear if they would bring up outside talent or women from NXT but its good to hear that the idea is on the table. However, it should be noted that this is just an idea and the show is not set in stone yet.

Back in April, we first reported here on WrestlingNews.co that a pitch was made for an all-womens pay-per-view in the United States. It looks like the chances of that happening have increased since the idea is still on the table several months later.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/wwe-is-considering-an-all-female-event-with-main-roster-talent/

Charlotte Flair appeared on Maria Menounos SiriusXM radio show (via wrestlinginc.com) and revealed the date shell be cleared to return to the ring. You can see video below of Flair announcing shell be cleared on July 31st.

Flair underwent surgery in mid-June to fix a ruptured implant. In the second video, Flair talks about how she found out about the issue

On The Issues With Her Implants: So Im thirty-two and when I turned twenty-one I always wanted boobs. I never had boobs. I had an athletic body my whole life. Charlotte Flair said as she continued saying, when I started wrestling I had saline and I popped them in the ring. When I woke up the next morning and they were gone. Then I had them re-done so I didnt think anything of it. Well, a couple months ago I kept having this pain behind my shoulder blade. I was like, this is not normal. I mean I did all my stretching. I did my shoulder stability exercises that my trainer told me to do our trainers on the road. I finally went to have a mammogram and an ultrasound and the doctor said I had free-floating silicone all in my chest from both implants. So I ruptured both implants is exactly what theyd call it. I said, Ive got a lot of big things coming up. Like I knew I had WrestleMania, I knew I had the Body Issue. I just wasnt going to say anything I could just wait. I finally got to have them re-done a little over four weeks ago. I just wanted that long, but the pain just got worse. I got sick a few times like that might have been from it like the silicone had gone all the way to my armpit.

On Her Return: He said Id be cleared July 31st, Charlotte said concerning her expected return to the ring. I am definitely going to work on July 31st. Its so hard because watching the pay-per-view last night. Its like Im out for a not legitimate injury I mean its legitimate because the silicone was [making me sick] I mean its dangerous but I kept thinking to myself, you did this to yourself at twenty-one.I know my body needed a break and its like let the fans miss you or whatever. But its just like Im sitting out because of my ta-tas.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/charlotte-flair-reveals-shell-cleared-return/

We can confirm that former IMPACT Wrestling Knockout MJ Jenkins has signed a developmental contract with WWE and will be reporting to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in the coming weeks.

Jenkins, who held the FEW Flares champion left IMPACT Wrestling in November of 2017 in a story we exclusively broke. She was signed to the company after appearing at Knockouts Knockdown in March after losing to Rosemary in a one on one match.

After leaving IMPACT MJ has been a mainstay at FEW in Florida and has appeared at SHINE Wrestling. She participated in a WWE tryout back in February of this year that also included the likes of Maria Manic, Kylie Rae, Kylie Dawn, and Susan Cashdollar.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/mj-jenkins-signs-with-wwe/

As noted, WWE announced WWE NXT Superstar Deonna Purrazzo for The Mae Young Classic earlier today. It was also announced this week that Purrazzo is in the latest class of WWE Performance Center recruits for NXT. Purrazzo spoke with Brian Fritz of SportingNews.com at this link about the news.

http://www.sportingnews.com/wwe/news/deonna-purrazzo-mae-young-classic-2018-wwe-performance-center-nxt/1ipzrgygtjshn1d25bk6ertf7x

Below are highlights from the interview:

Working SmackDown in December 2016 for a match with Alexa Bliss that never started:

You get to interact with everyone and you get to take a little piece of each person with you, each bit of their knowledge that theyve accumulated over their years wrestling. To be able to come in just for a week or a day at SmackDown and really just gain all that knowledge, it helped me be a more well-rounded wrestler outside and in my own endeavors.

Her in-ring style being 5 foot 2 inches:

Im very, very meticulous when I get in the ring. I very much believe that no matter my size or my opponents size, everyones joints work the same. So if I can pinpoint whether its the Fujiwara armbar or even if its someones leg, we all break down the same at the end of the day. I very meticulous and very methodical when I get in the ring.

Signing with WWE as a top indie talent:

Your dream job comes along once in a lifetime. So, to give up other opportunities wasnt a big deal to me because this is where I wanted to be. I wanted to be a part of NXT. I wanted to come to the Performance Center every day and work towards being a WWE superstar one day.

What if... what if WWE made an entire womens only show every week? Like 205 live but just women? Maybe thats the crazy announcement

They wouldn't ever do that without testing how an all women's show would go down with the general audience. Hence an all female PPV.

What if... what if WWE made an entire womens only show every week? Like 205 live but just women? Maybe thats the crazy announcement

They wouldn't ever do that without testing how an all women's show would go down with the general audience. Hence an all female PPV.

I know but maybe they feel confident after how well the MYC did for them?

How well did the MYC do?

How well did the MYC do?

I remember reports when it first happened about huge numbers for it on the network?

Archived