WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my opinion and im standing by it! :)

In all seriousness though oh well. Another company will come along at some point that hopefully does better.

On Topic: Bring Back Melina!

It's my opinion and im standing by it! :)

In all seriousness though oh well. Another company will come along at some point that hopefully does better.

On Topic: Bring Back Melina!

Except it is a company that is still a viable option for performers. So your opinion, in this case, is redundant. :)

Did yall see Bayley deny that man a hug last night? She went back through and tweeted my bad dude, I was caught up in da moment between me and that little girl. Next time! That snarky ass tweet killed me. I low key wouldnt mind Bayley heel for more of that kind of stuff.

Nah, Bayley is legit lying about her being "caught in the moment", lol. It wasn't he first time rejecting a hug from an older male fan, either. Any of you guys remember Vincent Michaels? Dude got rejected kinda hard by her at a Takeover show, lmao.

Who can forget that bighead?

Anyway, Bayley is probably being tactful about not hugging older male fans. Dunno if it's out of experience or what she's heard from others who've had bad experiences, like AJ Lee or Paige.

Grown men trying to get hugs from Bayley are proper weirdos. She obviously feel the same way.

Yeah, i do find this a bit weird.

And the guy did look a bit Creepy on TV, so i dont blame her.

From what i gather, grabby hands are not as uncommon as people might think when it comes to the woman wrestler in the wwe or wrestling in general so i dont really blame any woman who doesnt want to get to close to "Grown up" fans.

Steffanie Newell (formerly known on the independents as Nixon Newell) was recently interviewed by WWE.com. Newell was signed by WWE last year. However, a few weeks after reporting to the Performance Center, Newell tore her ACL. This injury prevented her from competing in the Mae Young Classic and forced her to miss several months of action. Newell recently made her NXT debut at a house show, teaming with Dakota Kai in a losing effort against Vanessa Borne and Reina Gonzalez. Below are highlights from the interview:

How the injury happened: It happened during training. It was just a fluke accident. I was running a drill. My foot stayed perfectly forward, but my body turned the other way, and I dislocated my knee and tore my ACL at the same time. Luckily, as soon as I hit the mat, my knee popped back in, so it was one less thing I had to deal with. But it happened literally two or three weeks after I arrived at the WWE PC, so the timing was very inappropriate with the Mae Young Classic being so close as well. As soon as I hit the mat, I knew something was wrong and I knew deep down I was out of the Mae Young Classic. When I got injured, I was crying not because of the pain, but because I knew I was out of the Mae Young.

On how she coped every day while being unable to train: It was devastating very mentally challenging to be around it and see it every single day. But I have such a great support system with my friends, the coaches and the doctors. They were so incredibly supportive. Although I was away from my family, thanks to technology like FaceTime, they were able to help me and give me boosts, reminding me of how hard I have worked and telling me that I just needed to keep my head up and keep working like I have been for the last few years, because I finally am where I deserve to be.

On when she was cleared to begin training again: I want to say it was about two months ago. I was able to get in the ring with one-on-one sessions, doing cardio, and then eventually I was able to do some wrestling. Honestly, I was just so happy to even be in the ring and do rope running. I used to dislike doing cardio, but being able to do that just helped so much, mentally more than anything. It picked my spirits up knowing that I was in the home stretch. It was a very exciting time for me.

On the feelings she had right before her NXT debut: It was just this jumble in my head. The nerves were taking over, but also the excitement. It was a very chaotic experience in my mind, but as soon as the music hit and I went through that curtain, it felt like home. I felt like I was finally where I belonged, out in front of that crowd in the NXT ring.

On the response from fans regarding her NXT debut: I was surprised with the reception that I had. I didnt know if anybody knew me, but people started chanting You deserve it, which almost brought me to tears in the ring. I looked at Dakota, and shes like, Lets try to keep it together. Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan, who are both dear friends of mine, made the trip to be there in person. [To have] the respect of my peers and my colleagues with how they reacted before, during and after the match means the world to me. It genuinely makes my heart so happy. It makes me so emotional, but in the best way possible, to know that they feel that way about me. It means the absolute world.

Newell also discusses her friendship with Dakota Kai, setbacks she faced during rehabilitation and previous injuries she has had.

You can read the full interview at this link: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/steffanie-newell-interview?sf187787676=1

http://www.diva-dirt.com/145764/steffanie-newell-discusses-returning-to-the-ring/

Toni Storm spoke with Fox Sports on her goal of getting to WWE, working the Mae Young Classic, and learning Japanese to help other wrestlers. Here are some of the highlights:

Working last year's WWE Mae Young Classic:

"That was nerve-racking. I was out doing all the tapings, all of the interviews and getting ready for it for about 10 days in Orlando. It was just 10 days of nerves, I was terrified. It was so nerve-racking because it's WWE, it's the top place, it's where I've always wanted to be. I nearly had a heart attack."

Speaking Japanese and how it can help other wrestlers who don't:

"I was lucky enough that I had learned a bit of Japanese prior, I did a bit in school, and I've been picking it up quite well. The communication definitely makes everything not just wrestling require a little bit more effort. Trying to translate the most basic things sometimes can be an all-day thing. Sometimes when the referee's trying to communicate to you, they try their best and you try your best. What I like to do is when I'm on the same tour as the other gaijins (foreigners), if I can be ringside I do, because if anything goes wrong and you're having trouble communicating to the ref, it's always good if there's another foreigner to help translate. Japan's very big on seconds being there with the water and the cool spray anyway so I always make sure I'm there ringside and ask if they can be for me, because you don't want to have a broken neck and next thing you're trying to tell the ref what happened, but you can't."

Wanting to get to WWE:

"My goal from the very beginning has been WWE. It's what I've wanted since I was 10. I know that I'll get there because I'm putting my whole life into this. I have to go there because if I don't ... this is my only option. There's no back-up. But I'm enjoying the journey. I get to do the coolest things ever. I get to go to Japan and main event Korakuen Hall. I get to go out there with my best friends who are like family to me. I get to travel to New Orleans, I get to come back here and see everyone that I started with, I get to go everywhere, and that's the best. People don't get that. I'm just so blessed."

Storm also discussed her early days in wrestling and facing Timothy Thatcher. You can check out the full interview by clicking here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/wwe/a-debut-at-13-wrestling-around-the-world-and-living-her-dream-toni-storm-is-wrestlings-next-big-womens-star/news-story/bb37be8ffabd6425a93de7143b4941d9?nk=4e918ddbad4f16a251b6f0484c187788-1525011266

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0429/639439/toni-storm-on-getting-to-wwe-and-working-the-mae-young-classic/

Archived