WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, she doesn't look like that big a deal as Asuka does here to me. :P

Zzshriz.jpg

Also, they should've kept all the legends in the same row. They seem so out of place to me lol.

From bottom to top, it should be older legends and hall of famers, and then stars from like the Attitude Era/Diva era like Trish and Lita, and then current stars like the FHW, and Asuka.

As for the hate on Ronda, it has more so do with her being in the middle of the poster. People aren't looking at it from a marketing POV. I'm sure a lot more people would be inclined to buy the DVD (especially casuals) if they see someone like Ronda on the cover. She may not have done anything super note-worthy in WWE to warrant any praise, but I'm willing to bet Ronda was the reason WWE was more inspired to make a push for the Women's division to have more exposure. Ronda was dominating in the UFC and made a HUGE name for herself around the same time WWE started the whole "Women's Revolution/Evolution" phase.

That cover actually looks pretty good. I hope since its a 3 disc DVD, it hits on all eras of womens wrestling. Itd be kinda cool to see a small minute part hit on women like Miss Jackie (Gayda), Joy Giovanni, Amy Webber, women like that too. They didnt play a huge part but they had an entertaining six month era on SD. I know Jackie was on longer but that time on SD with them was fun for what it was.

I can understand why people may care a lot about posters and covers. For the most part, a wrestler's placement on the cover says a lot about their value and how popular the company may see someone among the fans.

Not to mention the promotion and additional pay attached to third party things, such as a video game cover

I don't have a issue with it at all. She's one of the biggest signing in the womens divisions history and in WWE history in general.

Been thinking about the second Mae Young Classic since it was confirmed at WrestleMania. Finally put together a list of people who I wanted to see in it this year. I also put my 32 competitors in a randomly generated bracket that came out with some interesting results. The only rules that I had were that they couldn't have been a part of the tournament last year, and I tried to limit the amount of American competitors. I did my research and thought of everyone I could and incorporate not just wrestling ability, but great characters and interesting personal stories to the mix as well. If there's anyone I may have overlooked, let me know in a post or with a DM. Let me know what you think!

X1dk6Id.jpg

VJlRgGk.jpg

Been thinking about the second Mae Young Classic since it was confirmed at WrestleMania. Finally put together a list of people who I wanted to see in it this year. I also put my 32 competitors in a randomly generated bracket that came out with some interesting results. The only rules that I had were that they couldn't have been a part of the tournament last year, and I tried to limit the amount of American competitors. I did my research and thought of everyone I could and incorporate not just wrestling ability, but great characters and interesting personal stories to the mix as well. If there's anyone I may have overlooked, let me know in a post or with a DM. Let me know what you think!

X1dk6Id.jpg

VJlRgGk.jpg

That's a good field, but it all depends on contracts that these ladies have with Impact and Lucha Underground.

Some of those ladies are either on the WWE's radar or are interested in WWE. Taya Valkyrie said on Afterbuzz TV that WWE would be something she would like to do. Ivelisse has said that if offered a chance to return, she would consider it. There are rumors of Io Shirai being interested in WWE and if she signs, she would have to be the favorite. Su Yung seems unlikely because they released her husband a few months ago. They are interested in Chelsea Green. Rosemary would be interesting because I think that gimmick would be over big time at Full Sail. I don't know if her, Sienna or any of the current Impact Knockouts on that wishlist outside of Taya have any interest in the WWE though. I could see them signing the Brits for the UK Division.

X1dk6Id.jpg

VJlRgGk.jpg

Lol weird to see the name Indi Hartwell on there since she started at my local fed only a couple of years ago.

@GDAWG: While I was making the list I wasnt concerned about contract status or making realistic choices. I was just after the best lineup I could regardless of what company theyre working for.

@Jmerc: Funny story about Indi, I saw her wrestle at WrestleCon last year at Mania weekend. And then during Mania itself I thought I recognized the really good looking girl sitting in front of me during the show and I realized it was Indi. Shes very good for being so young and newer to the game.

Nicole Matthews and Chelsea Green are girls I saw often at local wrestling shows in my area too. Its crazy to see them where they are in their careers now.

@GDAWG: While I was making the list I wasnt concerned about contract status or making realistic choices. I was just after the best lineup I could regardless of what company theyre working for.

@Jmerc: Funny story about Indi, I saw her wrestle at WrestleCon last year at Mania weekend. And then during Mania itself I thought I recognized the really good looking girl sitting in front of me during the show and I realized it was Indi. Shes very good for being so young and newer to the game.

Nicole Matthews and Chelsea Green are girls I saw often at local wrestling shows in my area too. Its crazy to see them where they are in their careers now.

I understand.....still it's a great lineup. I would not be surprised though if they used this year's tournament for another "Serena Deeb" type, a comeback story. I don't know who it could be though. Melina? Victoria? Celeste Bonin FKA Kaitlyn? Jillian Hall who made an Indy appearance this past weekend?

I'd actually like to see how Melina and Victoria would do with this current crop of women. Mickie James has done well in the ring in her return.

I have Ivelisse in there as a returning surprise since she was in the beginning stages of NXT with Paige. Victoria, Kaitlyn and Melina were certainly on my mind but in the end I felt that Ivee was more active than them. Celeste is only just returning, Lisa Marie hasn't had a match since December and Melina hasn't done anything since November, plus you know what you get from Ivee and she can still compete at a high level.

Archived