WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

Women’s revolution indeed.

Over at WWE.com they put together a list of the 10 best women’s matches in WWE history. Unsurprisingly, it reads like a tribute to the Four Horsewomen:

10. 2018 Women’s Royal Rumble
9. Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano (SummerSlam 1994)
8. Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley (Raw, Feb. 13, 2017)
7. Paige vs. Emma (NXT ArRIVAL)
6. Trish Stratus vs. Lita (Raw, Dec. 6, 2004)
5. Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch (NXT TakeOver: RIVAL)
4. Asuka vs. Ember Moon (NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III)
3. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch (WrestleMania 32)
2. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks (Raw, July 25, 2016)
1. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley (NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn)

Including appearances in the Royal Rumble match, Becky Lynch appears three times, Bayley appears four times, Charlotte appears four times, and Sasha Banks appears five times. Each of them has no less than two of the top five and Banks has an astounding four of the top five women’s matches in WWE history.

According to this list, at least.

But how much are you really going to argue it?

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/3/18/17136394/wwe-list-10-best-womens-matches-history-tribute-four-horsewomen

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd still rank Sasha vs. Bayley at Takeover: Brooklyn above it, purely based on the atmosphere and emotion behind it. Becky and Sasha damn near put on a technical masterpiece. Definitely the best technical Women's matches I've seen in WWE, and nothing after it has really come close to that. Sasha vs. Bayley was probably the best overall Women's match.

This goes back to me really wanting either Sasha or Becky to go heel, especially Sasha. She seems to perform a lot better under that role.

Guest Shades of Cool

I'd still rank Sasha vs. Bayley at Takeover: Brooklyn above it, purely based on the atmosphere and emotion behind it. Becky and Sasha damn near put on a technical masterpiece. Definitely the best technical Women's matches I've seen in WWE, and nothing after it has really come close to that. Sasha vs. Bayley was probably the best overall Women's match.

This goes back to me really wanting either Sasha or Becky to go heel, especially Sasha. She seems to perform a lot better under that role.

Sasha SHOULD be a heel, she does it well and it suits her.

Becky could be a heel again too, it'd be good.

I think Sasha's the only woman on the roster who has a character who's meant to be portrayed as a heel and nothing less. I hate how she tends to act pompous and literally calls herself "The Boss", yet every other promo she cuts has to do with her getting super emotional and mentioning Eddie or shedding tears because "this is her dream", blah blah blah.

Guest Shades of Cool

Sasha should just be a cocky heel, instead of "I was in the arena that night and I had no clue what happened to Eddie." Or whatever speech she always says.

Agreed Becky shouldn't turn heel any time soon. Sasha and Bayley on the other hand should over the next few months imo.

Yeah and Bayley should go psycho, It would fit her well.

Over at WWE.com they put together a list of the 10 best women’s matches in WWE history. Unsurprisingly, it reads like a tribute to the Four Horsewomen:

5. Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch (NXT TakeOver: RIVAL)

Including appearances in the Royal Rumble match, Becky Lynch appears three times, Bayley appears four times, Charlotte appears four times, and Sasha Banks appears five times. Each of them has no less than two of the top five and Banks has an astounding four of the top five women’s matches in WWE history.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/3/18/17136394/wwe-list-10-best-womens-matches-history-tribute-four-horsewomen

Why do they push the Four Horsewomen so hard?

I think Sasha's the only woman on the roster who has a character who's meant to be portrayed as a heel and nothing less. I hate how she tends to act pompous and literally calls herself "The Boss", yet every other promo she cuts has to do with her getting super emotional and mentioning Eddie or shedding tears because "this is her dream", blah blah blah.

Wait, she still does that? lol

Sasha should just be a cocky heel, instead of "I was in the arena that night and I had no clue what happened to Eddie." Or whatever speech she always says.

Agreed Becky shouldn't turn heel any time soon. Sasha and Bayley on the other hand should over the next few months imo.

Nah, not psycho, just delusional. Do what Bo Dallas did in NXT, have her believe she's still a face to an over-the-top level, while she's being booked as a heel. That's the best route to go IMO, and is something she could easily pull off. Hell...I'd love if they paired her with Bo too, they could be comedy GOLD.

Guest Shades of Cool

Okay, I don't think psycho would probably be what I mean. I mean just more strange and like Counting Lights said delusional.

Nah, not psycho, just delusional. Do what Bo Dallas did in NXT, have her believe she's still a face to an over-the-top level, while she's being booked as a heel. That's the best route to go IMO, and is something she could easily pull off. Hell...I'd love if they paired her with Bo too, they could be comedy GOLD.

I'd be ok with this.

Why do they push the Four Horsewomen so hard?

Because they're all uniquely talented in a division that was god awful for many years. They were a breath of fresh air. They have other talent now, but it is undeniable that they have put some of the best womens matches ever.

Remember during the Mae Young Classic WWE did a lot of teasing on a Four Horsewomen of MMA vs. Four Horsewomen of WWE feud? Then they outright shot an angle in a backstage video where Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, and Bayley confronted Ronda Rousey, Marina Shafir, and Jessamyn Duke?

That was back in September of last year, and still nothing has come of it.

Now, were just weeks away from WrestleMania 34 and Rousey is in a mixed tag team match, Charlotte is defending the SmackDown womens championship against Asuka, Becky Lynch is just sort of wandering around, and Bayley is caught up in issues with Sasha Banks. What she would really, like, though, as she tells The Hype Magazine, is to get this program fired up again:

Anybody right now would be cool, but I think a storyline with Ronda Rousey would be ideal. I am really pushing for the Four Horsewomen storyline, and we have been waiting for it since the Mae Young Classic. Personally, it would be a lot of fun and draw an audience. After WrestleMania, we will see who walks out as champion and then I can set my eyes on that person and go after it again.

Everyone may be busy for WrestleMania but perhaps SummerSlam could use a major match come August in Brooklyn.

Still interested?

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/3/18/17137428/bayley-four-horsewomen-storyline-wwe

Archived