WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

After announcing her retirement from the ring last year, Gail Kim wrestled the final match of her career on Saturday in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England In the main event of Southside Wrestlings Raw Deal where she defeated Kasey Owens.

Gail officially announced her retirement on the July 6th episode of Impact Wrestling, to happen at the end of 2017. At Bound For Glory 2017, she won her seventh Knockouts Championship in a Triple Threat match, defeating Sienna and Allie for the title and on the following episode of IMPACT, formally announced her retirement from professional wrestling and vacated the title in the process, ending her in-ring career with IMPACT Wrestling. She, however, still is with the company in a creative role for the Knockouts Division.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/gail-kim-retires-from-the-ring/

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We noted before how former WWE NXT Superstar Shaul Guerrero was getting back into pro wrestling. The daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero and wife to Aiden English is set to make her indie wrestling debut on February 17th for Reality of Wrestling's Ladies Night Out all-women's invitational, which is a joint show from Title Match Wrestling & Booker T's Reality of Wrestling. Shaul cuts a promo on the event in this new video from Title Match Wrestling.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0205/636713/shinsuke-nakamura-wwe-live-event-video/

Lita is opening up about her participation in the Royal Rumble this year and why she ultimately took part in it.

She talked about her Royal Rumble experience in a Twitter post.. Even going as far back as a couple of years ago, it was tough for women to be represented on the show. But she wondered if she wanted to be a part of this year's Rumble, as she was only given a few days notice about coming in to do the match.

"I had to wonder: As much as I wanted to be a part of history, could I pull this off??" she said. "After all, I hadn't been in the ring in a decade, and while my full-time tenure at WWE sowed the seeds for the Women's Evolution (led by a roster of kick-ass women), I knew this historic event was going to be much bigger than myself and my own contributions to the industry."

She also talked about the women who were not there that night. She wrote names of several women, including Luna Vachon and Chyna, who she feels paved the way for her and others.

"I wanted to be an entrant in this match for all women who have felt underrepresented, in all aspects of their lives" she said."That is why, when I stepped out through that curtain, I wore my "#TimesUp gear. Watching these women step forward, hearing their #MeToo stories, as difficult as they are to share, has brought strength and unity to women who previously felt alone, ashamed or scared."

"Everyone has their own journey and their own way to heal. I am still figuring out mine, but I am so proud of all of ou who have been able to come forward and join together for the sake of the evolution, and the re-education that this is not right."

Lita has her gear she wore at this year's Royal Rumble up for sale on eBay, which you can check out here (https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWE-Lita-2018-Royal-Rumble-In-Ring-Gear-TimesUp-legal-defense-fund-charity-/162888757587). Proceeds will go towards the #TimesUp Legal Defense.

https://www.fightful.com/lita-explains-why-she-entered-women-s-royal-rumble-speaks-timesup-and-metoo-movements

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why a women's Royal Rumble is considered historic? If anything, the Elimination Chamber match would be more historic in my eyes because they're literally putting their health and bodies on the line if they wrestle outside and use the chains and shit.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why a women's Royal Rumble is considered historic? If anything, the Elimination Chamber match would be more historic in my eyes because they're literally putting their health and bodies on the line if they wrestle outside and use the chains and shit.

Yes, you are.

The Royal Rumble is one of WWE's biggest showcase/spectacle matches on their calender and has been for thirty years. If not THE biggest spectacle of their own creation. It's part of the "big 4" for a reason.

If you cannot understand why the women finally getting one is historic then either your purposely trying not to understand it or part of your brain doesn't work. It has nothing to do with how much of their bodies they are putting on the line. Since when is that the way we measure something as historic or not? How dumb. It's historic because it's a long-overdue big deal.

Bearing in mind its the first time since NXT Season 3 that the women were guaranteed more than an hour dedicated to just them, at least to my memory

While some view the Royal Rumble as a glorified battle royal, it is a big deal for the men so an even bigger deal for the women who are breaking through that proverbial glass ceiling

That's.....a whole lot of faith being put in (retired) wrestlers by giving them a couple of days to prepare for a Royal Rumble.

Yup.

Yes, you are.

The Royal Rumble is one of WWE's biggest showcase/spectacle matches on their calender and has been for thirty years. If not THE biggest spectacle of their own creation. It's part of the "big 4" for a reason.

If you cannot understand why the women finally getting one is historic then either your purposely trying not to understand it or part of your brain doesn't work. It has nothing to do with how much of their bodies they are putting on the line. Since when is that the way we measure something as historic or not? How dumb. It's historic because it's a long-overdue big deal.

That's the thing though, I don't consider it one of the biggest spectacle matches in general, whether for men or women. One historic and cool thing though, from my view, is that it was actually the main event, and it delivered so well.

But I'm thinking in terms of physical performance, which is the problem. But I agree, it's been long overdue, and the women have proved they can go as well as the men, if not better.

(off topic) Ultimate historic moment would be seeing them main event Wrestlemania though. Would be so awesome

I'm ready for the historic Womens Tag team title.

and the historic All Womens Brand.

What about the historic Womens chairs match? Or the women stepping into Punjabi Prison for the first time ever?

As soon as they sign Khali's daughter sure.

But you do realize that, even though you don't consider it to be it, the Royal Rumble-match is in fact widely considered to be one of the biggest and most famous spectacle matches in professional wrestling?

Yeah and its objective tbh.

Not to mention that the physical aspects of the match arent exactly easy. Going over the top rope may seem easy since we see it all the time but there is a serious risk of injury that comes with doing so. Hence why we see the less athletic folk being gently put down instead of sent flying out...

I know Steve Richards, for example, had concerns about the girls getting hurt trying to toss each other over. And before people jump on him for that (despite his intentions being positive regardless), the women battle royals used to be second rope.

But you do realize that, even though you don't consider it to be it, the Royal Rumble-match is in fact widely considered to be one of the biggest and most famous spectacle matches in professional wrestling?

No, I do not. Tell me more.

But again, it's what I see, not what the fact is. I myself don't see it as a spectacle match or event, or why it is one, but I never debated the fact that it is. Hence, the "I" instead of "it."

But again, it's what I see, not what the fact is. I myself don't see it as a spectacle match or event, or why it is one, but I never debated the fact that it is. Hence, the "I" instead of "it."

Okay, don't be a sensitive smartass for one, it doesn't suit you.

Also, the problem with that is that you originally stated you don't even understand why the Women's Royal Rumble is considered historic.

So that clarification was needed to make sure you can at least recognise why everybody else considers it a big deal.

Okay, don't be a sensitive smartass for one, it doesn't suit you.

Also, the problem with that is that you originally stated you don't even understand why the Women's Royal Rumble is considered historic.

So that clarification was needed to make sure you can at least recognise why everybody else considers it a big deal.

Doesn't suit most people, still doesn't stop them.

That ties into men's Royal Rumble not being anything special for me.

But if an entire event is centered around a match and it involves the majority of the roster, how do you not see it as a spectacle match or event?

Thats like saying you dont personally see a piece of cheese as a piece of cheese.

as in, I don't see the big deal about the event itself.

Yes, you are.

That's the thing though, I don't consider it one of the biggest spectacle matches in general, whether for men or women. One historic and cool thing though, from my view, is that it was actually the main event, and it delivered so well.

But I'm thinking in terms of physical performance, which is the problem. But I agree, it's been long overdue, and the women have proved they can go as well as the men, if not better.

(off topic) Ultimate historic moment would be seeing them main event Wrestlemania though. Would be so awesome

Do you genuinely not understand or are you trolling? Because I am quite often surprised at the things you don't understand because they seem so simple and obvious.

I guess part of your brain really doesn't work.

I can suddenly see why Crazy doesn't like you tbh.

Yeah me too.

M3J please don't take this the wrong way because it's a genuine question and not an insult, but do you have aspergers or something?

Archived