WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isnt an Australian quota.

You're not telling me that WWE doesn't keep or push certain people because of demographics - hell we know they've elevated people based on that before - just look how many times they've tried to clone Rey Mysterio. I'm sure every avenue is explored when evaluating talent.

I don't mean "quota" in terms of the way football has a "foreign players" rule, more something along the lines of having characters for certain groups of fans.

official one: We could cut Emma, there's really nothing for her creatively now.

official two: She's important in the Australian market, we'd lose popularity there.

official one: Nah we can bring up Billie Kay and Peyton Royce for that

offical two: Nice thinking, then we've also freed up two spots in NXT as well.

Or there's the other one about the current WWE Champion. "We're launching the Network in India, we need a big attraction".

As for Nia, WWE could so easily have killed that story by stating she was hurt.

You're not telling me that WWE doesn't keep or push certain people because of demographics - hell we know they've elevated people based on that before - just look how many times they've tried to clone Rey Mysterio. I'm sure every avenue is explored when evaluating talent.

I don't mean "quota" in terms of the way football has a "foreign players" rule, more something along the lines of having characters for certain groups of fans.

official two: She's important in the Australian market, we'd lose popularity there.

Or there's the other one about the current WWE Champion. "We're launching the Network in India, we need a big attraction".

But the problem is, nobody particarlly cares about the Australian demographic because it isnt going to be as lucrative as the Hispanic market or even more popular Asian countries... like India.

But the problem is, nobody particarlly cares about the Australian demographic because it isnt going to be as lucrative as the Hispanic market or even more popular Asian countries... like India.

It's pretty lucrative, they wouldn't tour down there if it wasn't a factor.

Australia was at one point the highest paid territory and I hear it's making a comeback. Having said that, I don't know if having Australian wrestlers makes that big of a difference. They just did some shows in Chile and Argentina that did great business with no wrestlers from there.

WON on why Io Shirai wasn't signed:

The reason WWE passed on Io Shirai was not due to her back but due to an issue they found with her heart. The fact is, she has been cleared by doctors in Japan from both her neck and heart but WWE’s doctors suggested passing on her.

What? If they let MVP wrestle with his heart condition why not with her? That is just an excuse not to sign her.

The reason WWE passed on Io Shirai was not due to her back but due to an issue they found with her heart. The fact is, she has been cleared by doctors in Japan from both her neck and heart but WWEs doctors suggested passing on her.

What? If they let MVP wrestle with his heart condition why not with her? That is just an excuse not to sign her.

Or ya know, theyve changed their company policy on that in the last 13 years.

The reason WWE passed on Io Shirai was not due to her back but due to an issue they found with her heart. The fact is, she has been cleared by doctors in Japan from both her neck and heart but WWE’s doctors suggested passing on her.

Yeah, they had to make an excuse not to sign her cause they didnt want to hurt her feelings.

Perhaps it's for the best anyway because WWE would probably turn her into a jobber like most talent they sign.

How does this even make sense? :fedup:

It makes sense. Look at all the good talent WWE has had and couldn't do a good job in using them so they job out and get fired.

Perhaps it's for the best anyway because WWE would probably turn her into a jobber like most talent they sign.

It makes sense. Look at all the good talent WWE has had and couldn't do a good job in using them so they job out and get fired.

You literally said that WWE turns most people they sign into jobbers...

That makes zero sense...

Especially looking at what Asuka, Kairi Sane, Nikki Cross. Ruby Riot & Ember Moon had done to them once they joined WWE

That makes zero sense...

Especially looking at what Asuka, Kairi Sane, Nikki Cross. Ruby Riot & Ember Moon had done to them once they joined WWE

Just because they are being used well now doesn't mean that will continue on the main roster.

That makes zero sense...

Just because they are being used well now doesn't mean that will continue on the main roster.

And it doesnt automatically mean they will be used bad on the main roster either.

Your posts are so dumb.

That makes zero sense...

That is not what you said. You said most people signed to WWE become Jobbers, which is just not true and is impossible

Archived