WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD would be best for her. Would love to see Mania be Paige vs Natalya or/and Carmella and Asuka vs Alexa for the Womens belts while the four horse women gear up to take on Ronda's horse women.

Im not even bothered about Paige returning tbh. Unless WWE can come up with something extra special for her return shell just get lost. Shes been away far too long and so much has happened since shes gone that shes kinda become irrelevant to the division. WWE most likely wont push her due to her personal life over the past year and the shit that got leaked, so I doubt in any way theyd put her in a title program, let alone have her win one.

I don't think any of us can make that assumption fairly tbh. How do we know that Vince just didn't really care about the whole thing?

Hes fired / buried other talent (Male and female) for much lesser things, so I wouldnt put it past him. Also, if he didnt care that much, they wouldnt have changed the NXT titles, that shows to me they didnt want a Champion carting a cumbucket around.

I don't think any of us can make that assumption fairly tbh. How do we know that Vince just didn't really care about the whole thing?

Hes fired / buried other talent (Male and female) for much lesser things, so I wouldnt put it past him. Also, if he didnt care that much, they wouldnt have changed the NXT titles, that shows to me they didnt want a Champion carting a cumbucket around.

Or maybe they just wanted to update NXT's belts. Why go through the effort of changing all three when only one was effected?

Different situations, different people, different times, different mindsets. You can't really compare any of them. I'm not saying you're wrong, Vince is a strange man and it could very well have been that, but probably wasn't.

Also are you really saying they changed all of the NXT championships because of that one instance? That is very unlikely and the most likely explanation is that it was about damn time.

Or maybe they just wanted to update NXT's belts. Why go through the effort of changing all three when only one was effected?

Because changing one wouldve been too obvious. Even though (to me anyway) its glaringly obvious this new era of belts was a cover up on the scandal, they tried to sweep it under by basically changing them all to make it all go away. Changing just the womens belt wouldve made it so apparent they were changing it because of what Paige did.

Mike and Maria Kanellis have been quite candid lately talking about his addiction to opiod painkillers and their experiences as he goes through the early stages of recovery. Before that, Diamond Dallas Pages work with Scott Hall and Jake Roberts exposed a lot of wrestling fans to how some of their favorite performers have suffered from and struggled with beating addiction. WWE Hall of Famer and Raw General Manager Kurt Angle has been pretty much an open-book on his alcohol and drug dependency issues, and even lent his name to a line of recovery tools.

Wherever the trend of sports entertainers being honest and forthright about their addiction issues started, its a very good thing - for them, the business, its fans and anyone who is personally or via a loved one dealing with the problem.

Former Divas champion Kaitlyn (real name Celeste Bonin) is the latest to open up and reveal that she too is a recovering addict. She did so with an Instagram post yesterday

It's been one year since I checked myself into the hospital for a medical drug detox. (I took this picture in the airport bathroom after flying into LAX.I felt so awful and disgusted with myself but I remember posting it on Instagram with some stupid caption about being happy. I was actually on the last days of the medicine to help me detox and was in a super *censored*ed up place mentally and physically). Over the past few years I was in a terrible marriage, an addict and not true to myself. It took me so long to admit I had a problem... and then to admit how serious the problem was. I used to pretend to be and to live a certain way for social media. It's everyone's hi-light reel. I remember getting out of the hospital feeling like death, with a medical taper plan of meds and thinking "what have I done to myself?". I celebrated my 30th birthday 5 days later and I remember wanting to die. If you've ever gone through serious drug detox, you know that you basically go through two detoxes. One from the initial drug(s) and then another one from the medicine used to help you detox. A lot of people get hooked on the medicine and remain addicts. For me, I started abusing alcohol to deal with the chemical imbalances, panic attacks and sadness/depression I was experiencing. If you know me, you know I had never done a drug in my life leading up to this (besides smoking weed once or twice and freaking the *Censored* out.) It's so crazy. You can have the world at your fingertips but end up destroying yourself if you're not careful. I'm fortunate enough to have pulled myself out of it all and was able rebuild my life ...but I can seriously empathize with anyone who is, has been, or has a tendency to be an addict (we're all addicted to something). But it's about self awareness and humility. Never be too proud to ask for help. Be able to wake up and look at yourself in the mirror. Tag someone who needs to read this. #addiction

Our thoughts are with Celeste as she continues her one day at a time journey. Seems shes off to a good start, and sharing her experience, strength and hope with others who might still be struggling is a great way to keep it going.

Source: Cageside seats

Ronda Rousey has signed with WWE according to "Mirror" website.

UFC legend Ronda Rousey has finally joined WWE - and her debut is going to be HUGE.

Reports from across the pond confirm the mixed martial arts star - and huge WWE
fan - has signed for the sports entertainment brand.

With Wrestlemania 34 on the horizon the 30-year-old is all set to storm the
centrepiece show and could form part of the first-ever female main
event.

The former Olympic medalist has already begun training at the WWE
performance centre and both Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are said to
have given their blessing to the match up.

The tentative plan for the April 8 show -according to USA Today
- will see a four-on-four battle between WWE’s Four Horsewomen -
Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch - against Rousey’s Four
Horsewomen.

This will be a UFC stable featuring her, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/former-ufc-champion-ronda-rousey-11421357

Archived