WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in July, WWE shot a couple different scenes which seemed designed to set-up a feud between former UFC champion Ronda Rousey and her “MMA Four Horsewomen” group of friends and Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Bayley and Sasha Banks, the “Four Horsewomen of NXT/WWE”.

The company emphasized those pretty heavily while promoting the Mae Young Classic (MYC) tournament show on their streaming Network. So when Shayna Baszler of Rousey’s clique made the Finals, and it was announced Ronda would be there along with Charlotte, Bayley and Becky, the speculation and rumors started flying.

That all came and went in Las Vegas last night (Sept. 12) and... nothing happened.

So what now?

Interviewed by Cathy Kelley on the Red Carpet (video above) before the trio of shows at Thomas and Mack Center, Ronda had a perfectly good explanation:

Kelley: “Could we be seeing you back in the ring sometime soon?”

Rousey: “Uhh, you know what, tonight’s all about Shayna. I’m just here to support Shayna and I don’t want to be the kind of person that shows up to support her friend and ends up talking about herself all night. So - it’s all about her, man. It’s all about her.”

Even fans looking forward to a potential Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen program didn’t want that to overshadow Baszler’s match with Kairi Sane. Especially with the post-match painting Shayna as an honorable competitor, to have a run-in or even a fallout scene where she and her crew might come off as villains would have been the wrong move.

But without even a staredown or any follow-up to Ronda’s challenge from Florida, we’re left wondering if maybe we all got a little too excited (aka, we were worked) about something that is a long way away.

It would make promotional sense. Rousey’s star doesn’t hang as high in the sky as it did when she showed up at WrestleMania 31, but the prospect of main roster Superstars mixing it up with her still probably got some eyeballs on the MYC Finals that would have skipped it otherwise. Even the folks who were angry about the prospect of Ronda stealing the limelight from “real” pro wrestlers were helping keep the tournament in the public eye.

And it doesn’t mean it won’t ever happen. But the first reported match being set for Survivor Series 2017 was always an aggressive target. Putting three women (Rousey, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir) who’ve never worked a pro wrestling match on a Big 4 pay-per-view (PPV) is a big risk. Delaying, or planning it for next year, gives Ronda time to train and Baszler an opportunity to become a bigger star in her own right.

Not to mention, hopefully get Bayley healthy.

The only thing we know for sure now is the feud didn’t progress on Tuesday night in Sin City.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/9/13/16303560/ronda-rousey-wwe-future-video-declines-comment-mae-young-classic-finals

Then why the *Censored* has Charlotte been giving jack shit the past couple of months if this is not going to happen either. Goddamn *censored*ing idiots.

You had a real star in Charlotte, could even elevate the Smackdown women's division to great new heights with Her and Becky as centerpieces. Instead now she's brought down to the level of the likes of Tamina and Lana. Nice self sabotaging. Two thumbs up for that one!

Then why the *Censored* has Charlotte been giving jack shit the past couple of months if this is not going to happen either. Goddamn *censored*ing idiots.

You had a real star in Charlotte, could even elevate the Smackdown women's division to great new heights with Her and Becky as centerpieces. Instead now she's brought down to the level of the likes of Tamina and Lana. Nice self sabotaging. Two thumbs up for that one!

The salt is real, I see here. Either way, I'm not sure what I'd do with Charlotte right now TBH. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour I heard of Becky/Charlotte Vs Lana/Tamina at SummerSlam being postponed due to Ric falling ill was true.

The salt is real, I see here. Either way, I'm not sure what I'd do with Charlotte right now TBH. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour I heard of Becky/Charlotte Vs Lana/Tamina at SummerSlam being postponed due to Ric falling ill was true.

Bite me.

Some rumors:

Brian Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer says that the WWE 4HW vs. UFC 4HW will happen, and the seeds will be planted officially at No Mercy, which is in Los Angeles, where Ronda Rousey and Jessamyn Duke live.

and

Cageside Seats is reporting that Emma probably won't take the pinfall in the fatal four way at No Mercy because she'll be Asuka's first main roster rival and they want her to look as strong as possible for that.

Some rumors:

Brian Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer says that the WWE 4HW vs. UFC 4HW will happen, and the seeds will be planted officially at No Mercy, which is in Los Angeles, where Ronda Rousey and Jessamyn Duke live.

and

Cageside Seats is reporting that Emma probably won't take the pinfall in the fatal four way at No Mercy because she'll be Asuka's first main roster rival and they want her to look as strong as possible for that.

I REALLY hope your second Spoiler is true! :D

They still do mate. It's not like Charlotte's career has nose dived with no way of recovering. Same goes for Becky. They could slot into the title picture next week and it would be normal. People can't always be on top, a real good company employee can slot in any position when needed and change without much notice.

We can confirm that 28-year-old Canadian Olympic Gold Medalist Erica Wiebe who is the reigning Olympic champion in womens 75 kg freestyle, winning gold at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio is at the WWE Performance Center this week, receiving a tryout with the company.

Wiebe competed as part of Canadas 2016 Olympic team. At the Olympics, she won gold, defeating Guzel Manyurova in the final event.The medal was the third gold medal in wrestling that Canada has ever won at the Olympics, and second ever womens gold.

She was seen in the crowd and red carpet at the Mae Young Classic earlier this week.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/olympic-gold-medalist-to-receive-wwe-tryout/

Archived