WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Io Shirai to WWE after all. Kinda figured this would happen after Stardom announced she would return soon.

From the latest Observer Newsletter

In a big surprise, at the 7/30 Stardom show in Shinkiba, Io Shirai returned. Shirai who many considered the top woman wrestler in Japan, had done her farewell there and was to start here. There was an issue with a neck injury when WWE did their testing of her several months back, which led to her announce she was taking time off for the neck injury and that was the reason she gave for leaving Stardom. WWE hadnt finalized the deal, and wrestlers are not allowed to say they publicly they are going to WWE until the company announces it first (hence Adam Cole disappearing off the face of the Earth and I have no evidence hes working these days as an astronaut nor that he was actually poisoned to death as the Young Bucks have implied on Being the Elite) so she couldnt say at the time she was leaving for the U.S. even though most knew it. After a three-way main event, Shirai hit the ring and attacked Oedo Tai and asked Viper (who was in the Mae Young Classic) to join her as a tag team in the Queens Quest group. Viper agreed. Shirai announced her return on 8/13 at Korakuen Hall, and that she would also be in the upcoming Five Star Grand Prix tournament (which is their version of G-1, and Jim Cornette should be proud of that name). She also issued a challenge to Team Jungle for the Artist of Stardom championship. This is because shes not coming to WWE after all. She contacted Rossy Ogawa and Stardom on 7/28 and said that she was ready to return full-time. Nobody has publicly said WWE changed their minds at bringing her in, but obviously that is what happened. The phraseology being used for Japan is that she got some bad news and told Ogawa she was ready to come back. Nobody has directly said that WWE decided against offering her a contract due to her neck issues that they found in her physicals, but they had stalled on offering her a contract months ago when they found out about the injury while she did her medicals in the U.S. After she did her medicals, WWE wanted her to take time off to rehab her neck. She did that and was just cleared by doctors to return to the ring after her therapy. Then WWE seemingly decided against offering her the deal. While every case is different, WWE has had a general rule of not wanting to bring in new talent that either has concussion issues or neck issues. It also could be that with Kairi Hojo and Asuka they already have two Japanese women and had discovered more women from other nationalities that they wanted to sign from the Mae Young Classic. Even though most would say Shirai was better than Hojo or Asuka, timing is everything in this business

I call BS on the concussion bit though. If that was the case Kairi Sane wouldn't have been signed either, unlike Io she actually had a a history with concussion related injuries. Hell she's out with one right now.

*Censored* off, that was literally one out of two moves I actually wanted WWE to do and they already did one of them after Kairi.

Beyond pissed.

Happy to see Emma this week on Main Event against Mickie James again. Well, not happy that she's stuck on this show, but happy that she didn't die in her match against Nia Jax last week on Raw lmao.

I'm sure she would not have had an issue with working short "irrelevant squashes". She'd be getting paid for easy nights.

It depends on how she see's the whole situation and as long as she doesn't talk about it, it's left to us guessing what it might had been.

From what I know so far she is a fighter that loves working in the ring at her full potential.

On the top of that and as a fan, I'd rather watch her work good and enjoyable 15-20 minutes matches in Stardom instead of watching her in 2 Minutes matches with moveset restrictions in the wwe.

Recently signed NXT talent and the first ever female Chinese superstar Xia Li looks to be on the injured list.

Li, who made her in ring debut last month at the Mae Young Classic tapings at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida has been on social media, being shown in pictures wearing a sling on her arm. Were told she injured her shoulder during a training drill at the performance center.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXZHyMzjL3m/

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/xia-li-injured/

CharLynch is combining both of their names.

Whooaaaaaa no way!?

Creepy

Reminds me of the time Dazman made a Kaitlyn shirt

What? :lol:

And yeah, all this tea stuff with Becky and Charlotte is just pretty cringy.

Oh yeah he was very proud of it.

Archived