WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexa Bliss spoke to Yahoo Sports on a number of wrestling topics. Here are some of the highlights:

Her Harley Quinn outfit and being a fan of comics:

"I'm such a villain fan. I love comics, I love anything Disney everyone knows that about me, I'm a big Disney fan anything that's fictional, I'm a huge fan of. It all started with Iron Man in NXT. [buddy] Murphy [bliss's real-life fiancée] had the idea of us all three [bliss, Murphy and Wesley Blake] dressing up as Iron Man and I thought it was such a cool concept, such a cool idea, that I just kept going with it. I have a few characters left that I haven't portrayed yet, I have a few more coming that I have the outfits for that I'm just waiting to perfect them. I did go a little non-villain at Elimination Chamber when I wore Superman, which was a lot of fun. I just like portraying characters but making it my own. The Harley Quinn thing I was really excited about. I was so bummed because when I left NXT, I thought I couldn't do the cosplay thing anymore. My last gear in NXT was Freddy Krueger because I'm such a horror movie fan, it's ridiculous, but I thought when I went to the main roster it would be a whole different ball game. I kind of ran with the Harley Quinn thing, I said I was going to try it anyway and say sorry after [if it didn't work], but it got a great response and that gave me the freedom to do more."

Future goals on Raw:

"A year from now I hope that I have been able to become Raw Women's Champion. I would love to be able to hold both titles within a year, I think that would be an awesome opportunity. I'd really like to see our women in the main event at WrestleMania. I know it's kind of considered a future thing and no one knows if it'll ever happen, but in my mind, it's going to happen and hopefully within a year. Hopefully in a year I'll be women's champion and have taken this division by storm."

Alexa Bliss also discussed who she's looking forward to working with on Raw and if she knew the brand change was coming. You can read the full interview by clicking here: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/qa-alexa-bliss-wwes-biggest-movie-villain-fan-134946168.html

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0416/625327/alexa-bliss-on-harley-quinn-outfit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

22 year old independent wrestler Cali Young, who trains at Ohio Valley Wrestling in Louisville, Kentucky will be touring with WWE this week for RAW and SmackDown.

Cali made her in ring debut in OVW on August 8th of 2016. She has previously toured with WWE working as a rosebud when Adam Rose was still employed with the company.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/ovw-talent-touring-with-wwe-this-week/

22 year old independent wrestler Cali Young, who trains at Ohio Valley Wrestling in Louisville, Kentucky will be touring with WWE this week for RAW and SmackDown.

Cali made her in ring debut in OVW on August 8th of 2016. She has previously toured with WWE working as a rosebud when Adam Rose was still employed with the company.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/ovw-talent-touring-with-wwe-this-week/

mfw ovw is still a thing

I feel like 2006-2009 is the most underrated time of Womens WWE wrestling due to most people associating it with what the division would become a couple of years later with the likes of Kelly Kelly and baby face Eve at the top. Mickie James, Melina and Beth were doing a great job in the post Trish/Lita era. Michelle McCools gimmick got changed up and placed with different alliances at time went by but she always showed potential imo as well.

Charlotte Flair spoke with the Sporting News for a new interview. Some highlights are below:

On moving to Smackdown: I cant speak for the other women on Raw or SmackDown but I know, for myself, personally, the minute I left Raw Monday night I said to myself SmackDown is the womens division that youre gonna want to be on. Thats my mindset. Yes, competition is in full effect because thats kind of the point of having two brands. Obviously, I want both brands to do well but Im just that competitive. I want the SmackDown women to do extremely well and lets see what we can do.

On reuniting with Becky Lynch on Smackdown: In this line of work, you have a ton of friends and youre all family but Becky was basically my rock. With the heel transition and then we ended up having the match at Royal Rumble (in 2016), we pretty much grew together as talent and came into our own. Then all of a sudden the draft happened. Not only am I excited to be back with my travel partner but to see how much weve grown as talent and to have the opportunity to face each other again as polished talent. We were just scratching the surface when we had that match at Royal Rumble and then we had the three-way (at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas) and then it was over.

On what what went in to creating her look at Wrestlemania 33: My seamstress and I were really excited how it turned out but really the whole idea behind that robe was to give tribute to my dads career coming full circle in Orlando because if you look at a lot of old magazines, the layouts of all of his robes over the years take the peacock form, Charlotte explained. One of those 1980 magazines, one of the famous covers is my dad standing there with probably 15 robes and a peacock formation behind him. Thats where I got the idea.

http://411wrestling.com/wrestling/charlotte-flair-is-excited-to-be-on-smackdown/

Archived