Hell in a cell glitched roof panels

Purple Drink

Hell in a cell matches have always been my fave match in wwe games. However, how come in Hell in a cell matches the two panels/squares on top of the cell that break & that you can fall through, for some reason when you do a move on them the superstar won't go through? They just sort of glitch to the side.

It looks very unrealistic & in 2k16 we could do moves that put people through the cell. Now the only way to fall through the panel is if your pushed into it? Is this a glitch or just poor game design?

which is bs considering it was fine last year (2k16)

Coding is a messy business. It's like if you had a doctor hit your knee to test your reflexes and instead, a guy across the room suddenly kicked the air instead. Doesn't help that Yukes seems to be INCREDIBLY messy with their coding.

Coding is a messy business. It's like if you had a doctor hit your knee to test your reflexes and instead, a guy across the room suddenly kicked the air instead. Doesn't help that Yukes seems to be INCREDIBLY messy with their coding.

yeah i know tell me about it. Marcus Stephenson once told me that it was so bad trying to communicate with Yukes because stuff was always getting lost in translation.

So yeah i don't fully try to place blame on any one party. Like Story Designer/Create a Story. that mode was so buggy that it had to be removed. I just don't think there was no way to get around that. Universe had problems but it has gotten better. Luckily the only issue with universe is that scene that turns into the 2 on 1 situation. I figured out a solution to that. throw the guest on the apron and he/she won't re-enter the ring lol.

As for as the HIAC match, i hardly get out the cell mainly cause the cell is too large and once you break out you can hardly get out fully to climb the cage.

yeah i know tell me about it. Marcus Stephenson once told me that it was so bad trying to communicate with Yukes because stuff was always getting lost in translation.

So yeah i don't fully try to place blame on any one party. Like Story Designer/Create a Story. that mode was so buggy that it had to be removed. I just don't think there was no way to get around that. Universe had problems but it has gotten better. Luckily the only issue with universe is that scene that turns into the 2 on 1 situation. I figured out a solution to that. throw the guest on the apron and he/she won't re-enter the ring lol.

As for as the HIAC match, i hardly get out the cell mainly cause the cell is too large and once you break out you can hardly get out fully to climb the cage.

Not to mention breaking out of the cell itself is a pain in the neck now for some reason. Half the time the prompt just doesn't show up.

That said, i'm fairly certain we'll be seeing a lot of match type revamps coming up in the next game or two.

Not to mention breaking out of the cell itself is a pain in the neck now for some reason. Half the time the prompt just doesn't show up.

That said, i'm fairly certain we'll be seeing a lot of match type revamps coming up in the next game or two.

Yeah. i actually sort of think that when they decided to axe Showcase, they did that halfway thru the development. Cause 2K16 had it's problems but nowhere near the issues 2k17 had. Stuff just didn't make sense. X-Pac's entrance was gone, but his victory was left in. NOD's entrance was in but the Victory wasn't.

The additions i'm grateful for but yeah that HIAC escape is so frustrating. I just wanted to throw roman off the cell with taker and it took me half an hour to break out the cell.

I'm optimistic for 2k18 but I guess only time will tell if it delivers.

This and EC need a huge overhaul. It's a crying shame that modders can easily use tables and ladders in HIAC, yet they've never bothered to put it in for us.

Plus, yes, the cell roof panels are totally glitched this year. I can never do a proper bump through them anymore, I always just end up falling through it accidentally.

I'd really like to see a new cell completely. New animations for everything, weapons being able to be used (inside and out), lean tables on the cell walls, the lot! Would make the match a lot more satisfying.

This and EC need a huge overhaul. It's a crying shame that modders can easily use tables and ladders in HIAC, yet they've never bothered to put it in for us.

Plus, yes, the cell roof panels are totally glitched this year. I can never do a proper bump through them anymore, I always just end up falling through it accidentally.

I'd really like to see a new cell completely. New animations for everything, weapons being able to be used (inside and out), lean tables on the cell walls, the lot! Would make the match a lot more satisfying.

yeah they were fine last year. i mean they did that, they made it where even if you have a custom arena set to universe you can't have rumbles or EC matches in Custom arenas anymore (it happened last year and that was it) so yeah i would prefer them work on match types and restoring stamina to how it was atleast in 2k16. cause you can barely get tired animations now.

You can't even replicate the Mankind/Taker chokeslam thru the cell anymore which is a shame.

yeah they were fine last year. i mean they did that, they made it where even if you have a custom arena set to universe you can't have rumbles or EC matches in Custom arenas anymore (it happened last year and that was it) so yeah i would prefer them work on match types and restoring stamina to how it was atleast in 2k16. cause you can barely get tired animations now.

You can't even replicate the Mankind/Taker chokeslam thru the cell anymore which is a shame.

Yup, we're definitely sorely missing the tired animations and tired pins. I have absolutely no idea why you would have removed them, but we always have baffling removals every year, it's nothing new.

Yup, we're definitely sorely missing the tired animations and tired pins. I have absolutely no idea why you would have removed them, but we always have baffling removals every year, it's nothing new.

that's just the thing. they didn't remove them, they just did something to the stamina system. obviously all those people that complained last year about how "it was too slow" or whatever.

cause i know that whenever i'm playing as ddp in my wcw universe, i'm running around in circles to have my stamina low enough to get the one armed pin diamond cutter as a standing grapple.

that's just the thing. they didn't remove them, they just did something to the stamina system. obviously all those people that complained last year about how "it was too slow" or whatever.

cause i know that whenever i'm playing as ddp in my wcw universe, i'm running around in circles to have my stamina low enough to get the one armed pin diamond cutter as a standing grapple.

Is there not a slider setting you can change in the options?

there is, in game balancing sliders and individually for stamina regenerating and all but it still even on lowest setting if say you hit the diamond cutter or the tired scm by the time you get to crawling for the one arm or nonchalant back on opponent pin, you end up on your knees and just end up doing a regular hooking the leg pin. I did so many tired finishes in 2k16 that i know it's gotta be something they changed. just like how everyone started complaining about the chain grappling and what happened? they reduced the amount of time you have.

They even lied when they said you could do it any time LOL

EDIT: Incidentally I was playing a SDL match between Ziggler and Henry. hit the famouser on henry, was out of stamina, went for the scm and believe it or not i got the tired pin animation

there is, in game balancing sliders and individually for stamina regenerating and all but it still even on lowest setting if say you hit the diamond cutter or the tired scm by the time you get to crawling for the one arm or nonchalant back on opponent pin, you end up on your knees and just end up doing a regular hooking the leg pin. I did so many tired finishes in 2k16 that i know it's gotta be something they changed. just like how everyone started complaining about the chain grappling and what happened? they reduced the amount of time you have.

They even lied when they said you could do it any time LOL

EDIT: Incidentally I was playing a SDL match between Ziggler and Henry. hit the famouser on henry, was out of stamina, went for the scm and believe it or not i got the tired pin animation

They didn't lie!! One match, half way through, I pressed a trigger and it kept doing chain grappling when I wanted it too.. Never has happened again!!! I'm sure was R2? I dunno, but ever since, never been able to replicate it. Argh.

They didn't lie!! One match, half way through, I pressed a trigger and it kept doing chain grappling when I wanted it too.. Never has happened again!!! I'm sure was R2? I dunno, but ever since, never been able to replicate it. Argh.

my point is after the first tier of stamina you can't do it anymore.

Archived