GLOW on Netflix

Generations

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see no reason why there wouldn't be. This season was just the birth of GLOW. They have plenty of places to go with it from here onward.

Yeah, I guess I just thought doing the show about the birth of Glow was the entire point. I didn't think it was supposed to be an ongoing thing...more of a one-off "this is how Glow came to be" type thing. Obviously, I'm in favor of more episodes...because it was a fun show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for it not being based around real people...that's just for the sake of trademarks and stuff, I'm guessing. If they had actors portraying actual characters, then they would need to okay everything with all of those characters. Easier to just have a loose script about the birth of the company with similar characters or whatever. And from what I can tell after watching the real pilot episode of the 1985 Glow promotion...it seems very similar to me in every single other way. But that's just my opinion. Oh well...people need something to complain about, I guess.

Favorite character is definitely Marc Maron's character (Sam). Always been a fan of Marc Maron...but like Lunchbox said, he was practically born for this role. Favorite character of the actual wrestlers is probably Ruth, just because I enjoy the banter between her and Sam. And she has amusing reactions to things.

My GF and I binge watched this the other night. We both enjoyed it, and I thought the whole thing represented pro-wrestling pretty well. Surprisingly, Kharma has some acting chops. She really stood out, as did Mark Maron. He was amazing in his part, as dreadful as the character was. I just can't wait for season 2 now.

I've noticed there's a doc on GLOW from 2012 on Netflix, I'd imagine it just got added before the show's release. Gonna give it a watch and see how close the show was to the real thing. Loved the show btw, hope it comes back for a second season.

I've noticed there's a doc on GLOW from 2012 on Netflix, I'd imagine it just got added before the show's release. Gonna give it a watch and see how close the show was to the real thing. Loved the show btw, hope it comes back for a second season.

I've been meaning to watch that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO3SssEQC9M

Sounds like something went weird during the Carltio/Brodus Clay scene filming

46 mins? Damn.

Care to tell me what happened instead chief?

Pretty much that it was the only day on set where they felt uncomfortable and they didn't really wanna talk about it.

..........He spat an apple in their faces, didn't he?

My GF and I binge watched this the other night. We both enjoyed it, and I thought the whole thing represented pro-wrestling pretty well. Surprisingly, Kharma has some acting chops. She really stood out, as did Mark Maron. He was amazing in his part, as dreadful as the character was. I just can't wait for season 2 now.

Yeah, I was watching it and thought "She looks real familiar" at one point. Then I was like, YES, Awesome Kong. I was like "Woah, I thought she was an actress they just picked at first; she's got some real good chops."

No idea how I didn't notice her immediately.

Archived