What are the best Benoit matches to watch?

abhunter

I am trying to study my tape for the week; and I base myself and my wrestling quite a bit on Kurt Angle and Benoit and Randy Orton in terms of styles, this week I am looking for great technical wrestling matches, specifically Benoit matches. What are some great matches to watch?

Benoit vs Kurt Angle at Rumble 2003 (I think) is a classic.

Yes. Royal Rumble 2003. That was an awesome match.

vs Booker T (Best Of Seven series - WCW)

vs Shawn Michaels (Raw 2004)

w/Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin (No Way Out 2003)

vs Kurt Angle (WrestleMania X7 and Backlash 2001)

vs Chris Jericho (Backlash 2000, Judgment Day 2000, SummerSlam 2000, Royal Rumble 2001)

w/ Chris Jericho vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Triple H (Raw 2001)

w/ Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio and Edge (No Mercy 2002 and 2 out of 3 falls match on SmackDown)

vs Eddie Guerrero (take your pick)

vs Raven

vs The Rock (Fully Loaded 2000)

vs Rob Van Damn (SummerSlam 2002)

If you want something old but great watch his mask vs mask match as Pegasus Kid vs Villano 3, some great mat work in that one.

On Wikipedia it says, "He wrestled outside New Japan occasionally to compete in Mexico and Europe, where he won a few regional championships, including the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship. He held that title for over a year, having many forty-plus minute matches with Villano III." Holy shit, I didn't know that!

I found this, but it isn't one of the mysterious forty-plus minute ones. Still some excellent technical wrestling.

Archived