rumored new Batman Arkham game? Batman Arkham: Insurgency

Mr.Dreadful

Alleged Warner Bros employee leaks details on Batman Arkham Insurgency, including villains, new combat, locations and release date.

Is Batman Arkham Insurgency the new Batman game?

Now, before you get too excited, remember: just because a bloke down the pub tells you something it’s not necessarily true. Bear that in mind when we tell you that the next Batman game from Warner Bros is due to be announced on March 8 and it’s called: Batman Arkham: Insurgency.

The leak comes from a Reddit post from a guy who claims he is a WB Montreal employee who is planning on leaving. So, he just thought he leak a ton of stuff about the new Batman game before he does.

He reveals the following unverified information about Batman Arkham: Insurgency:

1. It’s been in development since 2014 and takes place three years after events in Batman Arkham Origins.

2. Playable characters will include Batman and Robin, with Dick Grayson once again playing the part of Robin.

3. It will introduce a new location in Gotham, a coastal area that he claims will be “the same size as the three islands from Arkham Knight.”

4. Players can fast travel to the Batcave and Wayne Manor.

5. The Batmobile mechanics have been tweaked and controls have been modified. Battle mode has been ditched, and they’ll be a larger focus on chase sequences and the weaponry of the Batmobile.

6. Combat has been improved, and made more in-depth. “It's still rhythm based where you have to time all the correct button presses exactly, but it's more complicated than the attack/counter basis of the previous games.” They’ll also be boss battles!

7. Villains will include: Maxie Zeus, Dollmaker, Killer Moth, Anarky, Two-Face, Blockbuster, Ventriloquist, Cornelius Stirk, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Dusan al Ghul, Mad Monk, Dala, Riddler and Joker.

8. Owlman is the main villain in the game, alongside the Court of Owls, and Talons will be elite enemies.

Batman Arkham Insurgency is rumored to release in November 2017, though the alleged employee states that it could be pushed back.

There's more details on the Reddit thread so be sure to check it out, and let's hold tight for the official announcement of Batman Arkham Insurgency from Warner Bros!

http://www.psu.com/news/32303/batman-arkham-insurgency-leak-release-date

found this story out from this guys YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWRdcR7zHbs

Did they actually come out and say this was Rocksteady's game? They seemed pretty adamant on stopping at a trilogy

The origins side of the games are wb Montreal, so its plausible. However, there have been so many "leaks" (like the Damian game 2 months ago) that I just think its wishful thinking at this point.

I do think wb Montreal will do something with the engine, but I don't buy any of the 300 leaks.

1st it was a Superman game they were making, then Damian, now this. Lol.

I'm hoping this isn't true, to be honest. After all the easter eggs in Arkham Knight, I'd MUCH prefer a Flash, Green Arrow, or even a Nightwing game.

To be fair this is supposed to be from WB games the side team to make a game that isn't a main story game.
I don't even care about the main Arkham story, I just want something other than another Batman game lol

A Green Arrow game using the Arkham engine would be epic, but sadly I don't think he's "over enough" for people to spend money on, so I think Batman will always be the go to guy, since it's proven he sells. Just like in comics: "oh no one is buying the book? Throw Bats' in it for 2 months!"

We can hope, though!

I've always thought a Trinity game would be cool, since Superman deserves to be in a good game, and Wonder Woman is 75 years old and never got a proper title!

I'm hoping this isn't true, to be honest. After all the easter eggs in Arkham Knight, I'd MUCH prefer a Flash, Green Arrow, or even a Nightwing game.

To be fair this is supposed to be from WB games the side team to make a game that isn't a main story game.
I don't even care about the main Arkham story, I just want something other than another Batman game lol
Most likely will but I wouldn't want WB to make it, they just copy and paste and do some editing of what Rocksteady did. They make fun games but not like Rocksteady. I'd rather wait for them to do one. And let WB do a another Batman game.

Meh, with the popularity of the TV shows, Flash & Green Arrow already have a base market. Plus if they just keep pushing that it was made by the same people as the Arkham franchise, that alone would draw interest.

Plus, if it's good, word of mouth is very valuable. Just look at Arkham Asylum.

A Green Arrow game using the Arkham engine would be epic, but sadly I don't think he's "over enough" for people to spend money on, so I think Batman will always be the go to guy, since it's proven he sells. Just like in comics: "oh no one is buying the book? Throw Bats' in it for 2 months!"

We can hope, though!

I've always thought a Trinity game would be cool, since Superman deserves to be in a good game, and Wonder Woman is 75 years old and never got a proper title!

agreed. a great Superman game is long over due. as well as a Wonder Woman game. and they don't even have to do anything with the DC movie-verse. just as long as we would get a Christopher Reeve Superman skin and a Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot WW skin....for BOTH consoles.(still pissed us XB1 users didn't get the Batman'66 Adam West Batsuit in AK)

As long as there's less of the Batmobile, then I'm all for it. That shit single-handedly ruined Arkham Knight for me.

While it didn't really ruin Arkham Knight for me, I agree. Less Batmobile the better.

I agree with these. The tank battles got so repetitive far too quickly for me. The Batmobile chase segments in the 2005 Batman Begins game were better, I'm all for "Battle Mode" being ditched.

As long as there's less of the Batmobile, then I'm all for it. That shit single-handedly ruined Arkham Knight for me.

While it didn't really ruin Arkham Knight for me, I agree. Less Batmobile the better.

I agree with these. The tank battles got so repetitive far too quickly for me. The Batmobile chase segments in the 2005 Batman Begins game were better, I'm all for "Battle Mode" being ditched.

Don't get me started with the Deathstroke battle.

Archived