Kellie Skater Announces Retirement

Oresama

Australian independent wrestler Kellie Skater announced yesterday at STARDOM’s show at Korakuen Hall that she will be retiring from professional wrestling.

Skater will wrestle her final wrestling match for Oz Academy in Japan this Sunday night.

Kellie Skater debuted in professional wrestling in 2007 in Australia wrestling for promotions such as PWWA and PWA where she became the first ever PWWA Champion, which she later lost to Jessie McKay who wrestles for NXT as Billie Kay. While wrestling in Australia Skater captured the IndyGurlz Australian Title and the Pacific Women’s Championship.

Skater made her North American wrestling debut at SHIMMER Women Athletes on Volume 23 where she issued an open challenge to anyone on the roster. Her challenge was answered by Lufisto who defeated her.

Skater continued issuing open challenges through SHIMMER and lost all of them.

In October of 2011 Skater formed The Global Green Gangsters with Tomoka Nakagawa and the tag team quickly became one of the fan favorites in SHIMMER. On the Volume 53 iPPV in April of 2013 Skater and Nakagawa wrestled a four-way elimination tag match for the SHIMMER Tag Team Championship, and they were the last team eliminated by defending champions The Canadian NINJAs (Nicole Matthews and Portia Perez). At Volume 54, 3G challenged the Ninjas again to a title match, but this time, the Ninjas voluntarily let themselves be counted out, thus retaining their titles.

During the main event of SHIMMER Volume 57 Skater and Nakagawa finally captured the SHIMMER Tag Team Championships. They went on to defend the titles for two years until they lost them on SHIMMER Volume 72 to the team of Kimber Lee and Cherry Bomb, the Kimber Bombs after The Canadian NINJAS interfered which lead to Tomoka Nakagaw’s retirement match on Volume 75 which saw Kellie and Tomoka defeat The Canadian NINJAS.

Once Tomoka Nakagawa retired Kellie went on to become a singles competitor in SHIMMER once again and quickly rose up the card. She finally captured the SHIMMER title on Volume 87 where she became the 10th SHIMMER Champion and the 2nd Australian wrestler to win the championship, following Madison Eagles. She also became only the third wrestler to have won both the SHIMMER Championship and the SHIMMER Tag Team Championship, after Sara Del Rey and Nicole Matthews.

Skater later lost the SHIMMER title to Mercedes Martinez on SHIMMER Volume 90 in what was her final appearance in SHIMMER before her retirement.

Kellie Skater was one of the first females I saw wrestle when I went to SHIMMER for the first time. She went from a comedic heel in the opening matches on shows to a fan favorite Main Event player. Her travels to Japan made a huge difference on her and I feel her retiring in Japan is fitting.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/kellie-skater-announces-retirement/

Aww. :(

Kinda too early I think cause she has a lot more to offer.

I loved her in SHIMMER, SHINE and other matches in various promotions I watched her on YouTube at times.

Wish her all the best and I hope she will be successfull in anything she does in the future. :)

Archived