Fire Pro Wrestling World

Crowley

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new fight mode seems like the best addition so far since you can't grapple, just strike.

Perhaps boxing matches are possible now.

This was in Fire Pro returns

Edit: You might have known this, was just clarifying lol

Custom music is already amazing. Still holding out for the official addition of custom logos though. Btw, is there anyway to just edit a wrestler's music without cloning him/her? I seem to be under the impression that the only way to edit that stuff is to go under create a wrestler, then edit the theme in skill set, and save it as a new wrestler...am I wrong? Can I save over the one that's already there?

Edited by Generations

Did you read the official update blog on steam? They give a lot of detailed info there.

Yeah, and the info they give works...or for editing themes. But the problem I have, is that the only way to save an edited theme, is to make a new save...and when you do that, it obviously duplicates the person unnecessarily...so I have to go back and delete the original one that shows up on my roster. And it's not just themes, btw...I've been meaning to ask about this in the past, because it's for any edits that you make to a downloaded character. When you get someone from the workshop, they show up in your roster, but if you edit them at all, then you need to save them as a new character.

Edited by Generations

Did you read the official update blog on steam? They give a lot of detailed info there.

Yeah, and the info they give works...or for editing themes. But the problem I have, is that the only way to save an edited theme, is to make a new save...and when you do that, it obviously duplicates the person unnecessarily...so I have to go back and delete the original one that shows up on my roster. And it's not just themes, btw...I've been meaning to ask about this in the past, because it's for any edits that you make to a downloaded character. When you get someone from the workshop, they show up in your roster, but if you edit them at all, then you need to save them as a new character.

Yeah seems to be the only way. A lot of people are taking others creations by doing that too. Once you make a new copy, you can re-upload.

Sigh...I might just delete my entire roster and start over then. It seems like less trouble to do that than it does to duplicate and delete every last person. It will be hard to keep up with who I've done and who I haven't done. Might need to just suck it up and do them one at a time as I download them.

Sigh...I might just delete my entire roster and start over then. It seems like less trouble to do that than it does to duplicate and delete every last person. It will be hard to keep up with who I've done and who I haven't done. Might need to just suck it up and do them one at a time as I download them.

That's what I've been doing honestly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just reading over what's new from the latest patch and I noticed they mention that each wrestler you download is 20 MB. Is this true?

It's 20MB of data per edit slot (refs etc too) if you use the Cache feature which is under the Options menu. I used it, but then discovered it caused menu glitches for me so I wound up not using the feature. It's meant to make edit menus load quicker.

Edits downloaded from the Workshop are still 17KB or whatever the number is. I know that the number is nearly negligible in regards to space.

I feel like this game won't have the dedicated following that Returns had. Not being able to download entire saves really hurts. Even with the community downloads option it seems like you end up with different styles and they class visually, like I have a really jacked up looking Hulk Hogan and Goldberg, and then all the Ultimate Warriors are kinda fat looking, or I have a really tall Chavo Guerrero that towers over Eddie and other guys. Of course I could fix this all myself but I don't really like to spend time on that aspect of the game.

When the game is complete with all the bells and whistles, it will be awesome. And I definitely think it already has a good following. There's just a lot right now that needs to be addressed. The main thing that's kept me from playing for a while now, is the whole "can't edit a creation without saving a duplicate of it" situation.

Yeah that one is BS, takes a lot of the fun out of not being able to edit wrestlers already made. I do think this game will have a long shelf life much like Returns did, and will most definitely be played long, long after WWE2K18 is released, I mean they will probably still be playing World by the time that WWE2K25 is ready to come out, that is if they don't make a sequel to Fire Pro from now till then.

Pleasently surprised to see the new updates last night when I played the game. Being able to put in your own music for matches is pretty cool, I'll have to put in my favorite music from past games like HCTP, the AKI games, hell I may even put in music from other games like Street Fighter and MK when I use those characters. The most awesome update however has to be the Mexico arena complete with dancing girls lol, they even got their movements correct.