Fire Pro Wrestling World

Crowley

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the kind of game that should be cross-platform between PC, XBOX and PS4. Hell, they could make it for the PS2 if they wanted to.

I agree, a niche indie developer should be trying to get on as many platforms as necessary.

Pretty sure you can't share save files on PS4 without having the profile made on them as well

Maybe they'll allow for loading off USB like Konami does for PES? That would be awesome.

I never got into these games. What's the main selling point, the customization or the gameplay?

I've never played one, but from what I've heard it's the sheer scope of the game, from the movelists to the options and yes, the customisation.

I've also heard the gameplay is very intuitive as well.

I think the biggest thing is the CPU Logic, choosing how often someone goes for a move, rather or not they climb the rope, how often they taunt, setting up move chains (like Cena's double shoulder, spinout PB, Five Knuckle, AA, you could set up so that the character does those exact moves in that exact order), etc. That makes this game the premiere title for match simming.

I'm hopeful they add in a community creations of sorts between players around the world. It'd be interesting to see what they'd pull off with stages and CAWs.

I'm getting really excited for this.

i've never played a fire pro wrestling game. in fact the only game with the name pro wrestling in it was Power Move Pro Wrestling on the PS1 LOL

so i'm getting excited as well. and when i mean excited. i mean Goku excited over the first Frieza battle LOL

Also as long as you can deal with the frustrating gameplay engine as well. Not for everyone. Grappling is ass in this game especially.

i used wcw nitro the game, wcw vs the world world tour revenge and wcw thunder to create the storylines from wcw back in the day. if i can dea with the nitro and vs the world gameplay i can deal with this lol

You know I don't remember if I posted this comment or not but here goes. I recently purchased Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2 because everyone assured me it was a fun and amazing game. And I got to tell you, they were spot on. Game is really amazing. AI is out of this world too. Flawless tbh.

If people don't know (I don't visit this site as often as I used to), there's an official developer's event being held today (Wed. May 31st) in Shibuya, Japan. If I know my time zones correctly, it starts around 6:30 AM Eastern time. If you have Twitter, you might find it useful to follow https://twitter.com/reasonjp and/or https://twitter.com/BfloJae as they'll be tweeting new info in English.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/373/G037324/20170529070/

I expect the Japanese official Twitter accounts to be tweeting as well, but I can't read Japanese at all.

Edited by PyroTechnyks

"Sorry, that page doesn't exist."

They changed their Twitter handle within in the last couple of hours: https://twitter.com/DG_Jae

For those of you that don't want to dig through the Twitter posts:

*No Early Access date confirmed at this event*

They said that there could be 100 or more included new moves in Early Access, up from the predicted 80 in March.

There will be blood on the mat after opponents have been busted open - amount of blood was not disclosed.

Match ratings are in, based on a percentage system.

MP3 Entrance themes were confirmed to be a feature, but won't be in EA.

They reconfirmed previously confirmed features revealed up to this point: Steam Workshop support, etc.

There are images posted on the Twitter page I mentioned. There's another event scheduled for mid/late June. They stated that EA release wouldn't come until around Japan's Summer Vacation time, which is late June/early July (that's still within the Q2 projected EA date).

All in all, not really surprised by any of this new info. New features are nice to have and it's good to know they haven't necessarily removed features moving on to World from Returns.

Edited by PyroTechnyks