Fire Pro Wrestling World

Crowley

They were never going to be amazing anyway, let's be fair this game isn't going to sell very well. It's wrestling and isn't WWE, it's about as niche as you can get. If they go all out for their graphics they're not going to make much - if any - profit

Edited by Muur

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game just seems like Fire Pro Returns with HD'd graphics and a few added moves, i.e a fresh coat of paint.

Yeah, it basically is. Which is cool...if the price tag matches.

That's why I think it should be a $15-20 XBL and PSN release...and probably not even have a physical release.

Man I'm shallow. Don't even want to play this because of the graphics

Well, at least you're honest. lol

Lol of course.

...and I know what you're saying Gen. It's certainly not a case where they're striving for top of the line graphics and I should be okay with it. I'm just shallow and I know my buds are even shallower. Which means they won't be down to play.

I can only play wrestling games with people over. Not into customizing stuff or playing exhibition matches. I only came into this thread to find out what this game was because I've heard a lot about it over the years.

This game just seems like Fire Pro Returns with HD'd graphics and a few added moves, i.e a fresh coat of paint.

There hasn't been much innovation in Fire Pro since the SNES days, not that it needed it.

Things I'd like to see added are:

A move editor

The ability to link more moves

The ability to use edits in the booking mode

More grapple animation instead of just the test of strength

More match types

Some new info

1489028081832_zpsqsthwae4.png

1489028132033_zpspzy1fepl.png

Mission Mode sounds very promising!

There's nothing confirmed yet, but there's also a rumor going around that we may see some new match types in the game. All of the old ones are coming back, but there's also a screen shot of a match up screen featuring something called "Las Vegas Match". There was no "Las Vegas Match" in FPR, so it may be a new gimmick match, or we may be able to name our saved match settings now. Whatever it is can be played with up to 8 wrestlers.

Edited by Crowley

So sweet. And I'll be getting this for the PS4 because like Ernez said pages ago, everyone isn't into PC gaming, mostly me. I've never played a PC game except for "Gangsters" and the Mdickie titles, and I didn't like any of those.

I haven't looked forward to a new wrestling game in so long. I was so amped when the announcement of a new Fire Pro game was announced. Since they have a pretty solid idea of what they want to do with the game, I can be a little less on edge because the yearly WWE releases leave so much to be desired every year.

There's not a whole lot I want from the game that hasn't been mentioned else were. More stuff is always nice, but I don't need an absurd amount of new stuff. Some people are coming up with zany ideas - some people requesting WWE specific stuff that would likely never be in a Fire Pro game. I get why they'd be excited for things like that, but I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by PyroTechnyks

Man I dunno if I'm the only one, but I can't stand it when a developer says "We've rebuilt the engine from scratch". Why is that important? You could've played this game and not even realized it. Does having that knowledge make it any more appealing to you? "Ooh, they rebuilt this new Fire Pro engine from scratch. Mmm mmm, that brand new feels-like-SNES-in-2017 engine". Not hating the game and it's datedness, I do own Returns still and like I said, I see it for what it is, but that just urks me. If this game feels any different when you play it, let me know, seriously. I'm curious.

And it's been awhile... people are really stationary in the previous games when applying subs? I thought there was that AKI body-slide-across-the-mat-towards-the-rope thing. This feature is new?

In FPR when you did a submission, you stayed in the spot the submission was placed, until you either got out of it or tapped out, if I recall correctly. So yes, the whole moving towards the rope thing would be a new feature.

Man I dunno if I'm the only one, but I can't stand it when a developer says "We've rebuilt the engine from scratch". Why is that important? You could've played this game and not even realized it. Does having that knowledge make it any more appealing to you? "Ooh, they rebuilt this new Fire Pro engine from scratch. Mmm mmm, that brand new feels-like-SNES-in-2017 engine". Not hating the game and it's datedness, I do own Returns still and like I said, I see it for what it is, but that just urks me. If this game feels any different when you play it, let me know, seriously. I'm curious.

And it's been awhile... people are really stationary in the previous games when applying subs? I thought there was that AKI body-slide-across-the-mat-towards-the-rope thing. This feature is new?

Most of the time they tell people there is a whole new engine because it means they can work on bugs a lot better, since they don't have years of coding to work through.

Gonna make my own WWE playing this adios 2k17

Not sure if you ever played Fire Pro games but that is going to be very time consuming. This game has a lot of edit features but it can get tiresome to make even one guy.

It's gonna take a while to make a sizable roster if the edits are made from scratch. It'll take less time if the edits are downloaded from whatever they'll be calling the "community creations" system. Even then, it'll still probably be some time before fully fleshed out rosters are available.

With it coming out on PC, I can see dudes putting up mod rosters and stuff. Maybe let you import a save on PS4 like FPWR on PS3.

Don't get too excited for it just yet. We still don't know at what capacity we'll be able to mod the game, if at all. It's expected we'll see a consistent stream of new content with patches, last I knew. It'll be much easier to mod the game if Spike/Chunsoft provide the modding tools, like how Bethesda provides the Creation Kit for their games.

Not sure if you ever played Fire Pro games but that is going to be very time consuming. This game has a lot of edit features but it can get tiresome to make even one guy.

It's gonna take a while to make a sizable roster if the edits are made from scratch. It'll take less time if the edits are downloaded from whatever they'll be calling the "community creations" system. Even then, it'll still probably be some time before fully fleshed out rosters are available.

With it coming out on PC, I can see dudes putting up mod rosters and stuff. Maybe let you import a save on PS4 like FPWR on PS3.

Don't get too excited for it just yet. We still don't know at what capacity we'll be able to mod the game, if at all. It's expected we'll see a consistent stream of new content with patches, last I knew. It'll be much easier to mod the game if Spike/Chunsoft provide the modding tools, like how Bethesda provides the Creation Kit for their games.

Mods will be figured out whether tools are provided or not, on the PC at least. Console version might be a different story however. Hopefully they have a good save downloading/Community Creation-esque service. Edited by Astro Zombie

So? The reward at the end is extremely gratifying, making the time spent creating your roster, arena & title belts, all the more worth it.

And if you've played Fire Pro games, you know there will most likely be a feature to import saves, so you wouldn't have to spend all that time anyway, as opposed to the time it'll take waiting for a suitable finished WWE+more based save.

So? The reward at the end is extremely gratifying, making the time spent creating your roster, arena & title belts, all the more worth it.

And if you've played Fire Pro games, you know there will most likely be a feature to import saves, so you wouldn't have to spend all that time anyway, as opposed to the time it'll take waiting for a suitable finished WWE+more based save.

Some people don't want to spend all that time

You're probably right, so it would most likely have to be done manually. But I think they'll figure out some sort of way of importing saves, perhaps an online feature of sorts.

Edited by Paulie Walnuts