• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what's been confirmed so far:

• Online play
  • HD sprites
  • Game will come with 30 original wrestlers
  • 100s of new moves released through updates
  • New arenas
  • New wrestler edit features (new parts, faces and hair are now separate, color wheels, more layers)
  • 4 attires per edit

Not yet confirmed but probably true:

• Steam workshop support
  • Online simming/spectator modes

30 Original Wrestlers? Am I reading into it wrong or is that a massive downgrade from FPWR? Didn't that game have hundreds of wrestlers in it that had made up names to likenesses of real wrestlers?

^ It had many more, yes...but I'll be honest, I think it's better to start off with less anyway. I ended up deleting most of those guys and just making my own anyway. And if there's any sort of online downloading of custom characters, then it hardly matters what the baseline is anyway.

Edited by Generations

^ It had many more, yes...but I'll be honest, I think it's better to start off with less anyway. I ended up deleting most of those guys and just making my own anyway. And if there's any sort of online downloading of custom characters, then it hardly matters what the baseline is anyway.

True enough. It was more convenient though IMO. I feel like I'd only have the patience to create a handful of top guys from every promotion rather than have full rosters. I'll be getting it on PC though if anything so I'm sure there will be saves/mods of complete rosters released by the community.

That 30 wrestlers thing caught my eye too. Imagine if it's only 30 in-game and then you can only create about 50 caws or so? There are dozens of saves out there with hundreds or wrestlers per roster so I can't imagine the fan reaction if they downgrade the overall roster so much.

Surely the Steam version wouldn't have that limit though...even if the PS4 version did. But I doubt that either is limited that severely. It's probably at 30 just because they don't want to risk copyright infringements. Kinda always got the feeling that the old school Fire Pro games skirted around those issues by being a smaller cult favorite. This certainly seems like a bigger release, and it's best not to test the limitations of physical likenesses.

Edited by Generations

You know...on the subject of wrestling games that are "actually good"...I have to say...I've never met a wrestling game that I haven't enjoyed in some capacity...and that includes Impact, as well as Heroes Del Ring.

Kinda feel the same, except for Heroes Del Ring, only good thing I found about that piece of trash was its mask creator.

Impact had great models and textures, and good looking animations at least.

What were the older fire pro games like? I've always heard so much praise, but never understood the appeal watching gameplay videos.

Allowed for a lot of customization.

Honestly, 2K17 allows for better customization than Fire Pro ever did...so I'm failing to understand comments like "never going back to WWE games". For its time, a game like Fire Pro Returns just allowed a lot of stuff that other games didn't. You could make custom ring aprons, logos, etc. Now that stuff is all commonplace. So...yeah, I'm not sure what people are on about...

That said, the simple gameplay of FPWR was definitely fun in its own right...but it was very limited. I think people would just complain about the limitations within a week of the new game coming out, tbh...

New game should be fun if it resembles the classic style...but it's definitely not a replacement for WWE.

It had more moves than WWE 2K17 will ever have.

Hope the price point on this upcoming game is competitive, otherwise I'll more than likely "skip it" at launch...

I can see it being 20-40

A $20-$30 price tag would be my sweet spot, personally.

Regarding price, I think the way Steam Early Access works is that the price is usually cheaper during the Early Access phase. You get the full game at a lower price while they're still working on it. If price is an issue and you're not going the PS4 route, I'd recommend getting it during its time in Early Access.

As long as graphics are clean and crisp...and not muddy...I don't understand why people have a problem with classic pixelated things or simplified visuals. It's just a different style. It's not like they fell short of making a proper game, and it looks like an embarrassment in the graphics department. It's just a decision they made. Especially in the age of XBL and PSN...I play games with simplified or retro graphics all the time...and they look fantastic in HD. They don't look outdated, they just look clean.

Edited by Generations