Ricochet vs Will Ospreay

EJ!

Ricochet, has more personality in the ring, started to mix power moves into his moveset over the past 2 years, to be fair Ospreay is great.

I just think their in different stages of their careers in a way, Ricochet is like a mid career and achieved a lot on the indies, Ospreay is still at the beginning stages of his career building his indy credentials if you like (excluding NJPW which obviously isn't an indy)

Ricochet's definitely got more charisma and it-factor. When he walks out to the ring, he looks like a "somebody". He's progressed a lot since he first popped up as a skinny kid who just did flips for no reason.

I'm not really into Ospreay, the matches of his I've seen were just stunt shows with no storytelling and he seems to have the personality of damp wallpaper. I've seen 5 or 6 full matches of his, though, so I'm not going to write him off.

I think Ospreay now is Ricochet in 2008/2009 but is progressing (excuse the pun) at a quicker rate, I think it'll be a couple of years before we see from Ospreay what he can do on a level of current day Ricochet, he's got the potential though. There's some great story telling from his fued's with Jimmy Havoc in Progress

I agree that Ricochet is more well rounded but Ospreay's 2016 was phenomenal from putting on awesome matches to winning Best of the Super Juniors, he can only go up from here. If he continues to challenge his style and have matches with different opponents like Shibata this year can be even better.

Love them both and they put up great matches against each other!

Like the others already said, Ricochet has more experience but Will is very talented and is catching up fast.

Both great talents that are a treat to watch in the ring and by that I don't mean only a treat for the eyes but most of all for their wrestling! ;):P:D

• 1 month later...

I think it's a bit of an unfair question to ask really. Ricochet and Ospreay are pretty much on the exact same path, but Ricochet is further down that path.

I think it's a bit of an unfair question to ask really. Ricochet and Ospreay are pretty much on the exact same path, but Ricochet is further down that path.

AJ Styles aswell.

Yeah, its like all three are dots on the same line, and each ones just at a different spot on the line while racing towards the end. There's subtle differences but there's an uncanny resemblance in all three of them.

Archived