The little details you want in 2K18?

abhunter

Very small detail I've always wondered about: how come they never mocap the impact thigh slaps for kicks and other strikes? Would the mocappers doing that mess with the sensors (or whatever those lil balls are called) on the suits? I know we're not supposed to know what that is which is probably a good enough reason to not mocap it, but I just thought it'd be a nice little realistic touch. No big deal.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be cool if they make it so when we're typing letters for our gear in CAW mode, we have the option to press enter. What I mean by this is, when you're typing on a computer and you pressed enter it goes to the next line. That way we don't have to put a letter. Then go back in over and over until the letters line up under each other. Right now we can type out the whole phrase or word but it only works for horizontal and not vertical. Would save a lot of time.

Very small detail I've always wondered about: how come they never mocap the impact thigh slaps for kicks and other strikes? Would the mocappers doing that mess with the sensors (or whatever those lil balls are called) on the suits? I know we're not supposed to know what that is which is probably a good enough reason to not mocap it, but I just thought it'd be a nice little realistic touch. No big deal.

Some moves like the SCM's in the game and the new strong Strike Superkick frrom last year have the thigh slaps in them for example.

Would be cool if they make it so when we're typing letters for our gear in CAW mode, we have the option to press enter. What I mean by this is, when you're typing on a computer and you pressed enter it goes to the next line. That way we don't have to put a letter. Then go back in over and over until the letters line up under each other. Right now we can type out the whole phrase or word but it only works for horizontal and not vertical. Would save a lot of time.

you want vertical alignment

you want vertical alignment

Yes, yes I do. See you have a way of being able to summarize things. Wait....are you saying this is possible? Lol

I'd love to see:

1. Create a Tron - even if it's just a couple generic video patterns that you can change the color of and/or maybe add your name or some text, that would be more than enough. Just anything to let you "be like no one"...else.

2. A List of Last Names and Nicknames the Commentators Can Call You - I know they do say some of the last names we can choose from, but not all, and they don't say nicknames anymore. If they can say them in game, we just need a way to know which names those are. It's a nice little touch that adds to the authenticity of your CAW if they call him by his last name (or back when they called them by nicknames).

3. Cutscene Attire Option Tick Box - This year we can choose entrance attire for our Menu Pose. It would be great if we could also choose whether we want an in-game Superstar or our own CAW to be wearing ring attire or entrance attire during cutscenes, especially when they are sitting ringside for the match commentary cutscene or doing a Promo.

4. Use available CAW Slots for Alternate Attires for Existing CAWs - Rather than making a new CAW that has nothing to do with the first one and connecting it to that first CAW, I think it should be done as part of the normal CAW Attire Creation Process. You get Attire 1 (w/Entrance Attire) and Attire 2 (w/Entrance Attire) by default. If you want Attire 3 and 4, or 5 and 6, etc., you should be able to do so by utilizing an available CAW slot.

Here is a little detail I was thinking.

Most wrestlers hit a running attack to an opponent in the corner from the opposite corner... so how about being able to trigger a Running attack from opposite corner with the push of a button and not get your stamina killed.

A good example would Sami zayn heluva kick

anything is possible. i dont know / dont think that is in the game but i could be wrong.

i could see how it would be useful and will mention that to the people who are in charge of the create suite.

I.couldve sworn in 2k17 you could type out a word and rotate it vertical, then rotate the letters as well. Did I imagine that?

Still want taunts with the weapons, including wake up taunts even if just for chairs. Like, when the opponent is down and you smack the chair a few times on the mat/ground as they rise to their feet. I guess if we're lucky to still have chairshots to the head, top or even just middle rope weapon strikes may not be a thing anytime soon.

How about if your opponent is against the ropes and you try to hit them with a chair and they reverse it, they get out of the way, the chair bounces off the ropes and hits you in the face, making you drop the chair and stumble around groggily, thus giving the opponent an opportunity to strike? To be honest, that could already be in for all I know..

Headshot with the sledgehammer. That only in the gut thing is annoying. I want to hit someone in the head.

lucky to have chair shots to the head tbh

TBH...you're right.

anything is possible. i dont know / dont think that is in the game but i could be wrong.

i could see how it would be useful and will mention that to the people who are in charge of the create suite.

I.couldve sworn in 2k17 you could type out a word and rotate it vertical, then rotate the letters as well. Did I imagine that?
You can. That's not what I was talking about however.

More transitional reversals. To many times I see opportunities to hit a finish after I countered a big move, only for it to place them on the mat, or, once we get to the point where we have enough animations, be able to set counters so that we can better set up our finishes

Headshot with the sledgehammer. That only in the gut thing is annoying. I want to hit someone in the head.

lucky to have chair shots to the head tbh

Oh so that's a WWE ban? That sucks. In past games we had sledgehammer shots to the head.

More transitional reversals. To many times I see opportunities to hit a finish after I countered a big move, only for it to place them on the mat, or, once we get to the point where we have enough animations, be able to set counters so that we can better set up our finishes

This. To add to this idea, it would be cool if you could reverse your opponents moves and transition to a move already on your move set. That would add more depth to the gameplay.

Also since wrestling is so much about theatrics, I'd like to see 2k bring more of that into some matches. To not be too long winded the person pinning reaction after a close 2 was a step towards the right direction.

Archived