The little details you want in 2K18?

abhunter

There are a few little details I'd like; things that would make the game way more immersive for me.

When John cena comes out, in more heel oriented cities since there are different crowds now, can we please get the crowd singing "John cena sucks" in? It's important to his entrance. As much as kurts was.

Can we please get a test of strength mini game lockup? This could be selectable like the work holds at the beginning.

Can we please get an option to change the little logo in the bottom during matches? The watermark? It would help with custom arenas if I could change it to like a ROH transparent logo or whatever.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us choose the direction we face when on the top turnbuckle, facing away for moonsaults for instance instead of that awkward "suddenly turn around at the speed of stupid" thing we have now.

There are so many things they can also do to tag and multi-man matches to make them flow more like they do in real life. like for faces bring back hot tags with more real life variety and for heels an animation where they keep pulling heels to their side.

Also for suicide dives it would be so much better if we could trigger the animations already when an opponent is outside but just skip the part of the animation where the opponent gets thrown out. That would flow so much better.

Before I say this idea I think entire audio of the game needs to be overhauled (I feel like I have the plan of this idea in my head so well 2k could hire me to execute the idea lol). If the weight detection issues finally get fixed, how about small improvements to audio like the crowd sounding shocked to a super heavyweight being lifted by a heavyweight or fellow super heavyweight.

Having the women with their own category when it comes to weight detection so Nia Jax can't be lifted by regular moves.

Bringing back the overall fatigue effect from 2k15 which was tone down little by little every year, along with that cool looking lazy pin from 2k15 when crawling at the opponents legs and covering them. (It still does it but right before the referee counts you magically morph into the strong/finisher style cover.)

Finally having the option to turn off commentary during the matches and not have it effect the ring announcer during entrances/victory scenes.

Possibly removing extreme rules matches as a match type BUT adding the weapons wheel for every single match type including regular matches in exchange so you can pick the weapon you actually want... also add trash cans to it, and bring back the ability to throw weapons like steel chairs into the ring while standing on the outside and throw them down at your opponent.

-match editor!!!

- create a mini tron

- free title slots in universe modes

- possible main title slot could be a tag team title

- create a ppv theme combination with match editor

- return of gim matches like casket

- edit a mask option

- more edit a title names + a simple ABC

- construct a team name like jeri k.o. or something like that

thats it for today :)

I've been saying it for a few years, but it would be cool to have cameramen/photographers surrounding the ring during matches. Maybe in Extreme Rules matches you could steal the camera off a cameraman and use it as a weapon. It would be a small detail but would make the overall presentation look so much better.

Match editor would also be a very welcome return. Just give us more freedom with matches. Want to do a Last Man Standing Hell In A Cell match? Do it. A 6 Man Tag TLC match? Go for it. A Triple Threat Ironman match? Great.

And also bring back the seperate reversal buttons for strikes or grapples. L2 for strike reversals, R2 for grapple reversals, something like that. Once you have the timing down, it's way too easy to just sit there and reverse every move when you only have to press one button. And I hope they add more reversal animations, preferably ones that don't involve you knocking your opponent down to the mat. I like it when you can reverse a move and immediately hit a finisher (For example, ducking under a Superkick and immediately hitting an RKO looks amazing). Give us more opportunities to hit out finishers out of nowhere instead of just picks my our opponents up and hitting the finisher or doing the wake up taunts.

Also... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK CREATE-A-STORY MODE!!!!!!!!!!

I spent by far the most time in that mode when it was a feature and it was infinitely more fun than Universe mode. And with the amount of options for Edit-A-Superstar that we have now you could do some really awesome stories. If 2K included a good Create-A-Story mode in 2K18 along with the rest of the current creation options then that would automatically make it the best WWE game ever for me.

Match editor is the feature i want back the most. I miss having Extreme Rules Fatal 4 Ways with falls count anywhere and elimination on. Or having a flaming tables or finisher only match. Shit like that kept the game fresh for so long its sorely missed.

Happy we can download 2 attires onto one slot now, but I wish we could name each attire instead of just one name for both. Last year I named the event and date for each attire...now this year I'm just like "Raw '17" or "Smackdown '17" when naming attires lol.

I'd love more customisation in Universe / create a show.

Rope type - taped / cable / cruiserweight

Corner type - turnbuckle or single pad.

Customise referees' clothing, at least colours.

Match editor is a big one too. If I want a 30 man, pinfall submission elimination Royal Rumble, why not?

i always thought it was stupid u couldnt go from the middle rope to the top rope

I've been saying it for a few years, but it would be cool to have cameramen/photographers surrounding the ring during matches. Maybe in Extreme Rules matches you could steal the camera off a cameraman and use it as a weapon. It would be a small detail but would make the overall presentation look so much better.

Match editor would also be a very welcome return. Just give us more freedom with matches. Want to do a Last Man Standing Hell In A Cell match? Do it. A 6 Man Tag TLC match? Go for it. A Triple Threat Ironman match? Great.

And also bring back the seperate reversal buttons for strikes or grapples. L2 for strike reversals, R2 for grapple reversals, something like that. Once you have the timing down, it's way too easy to just sit there and reverse every move when you only have to press one button. And I hope they add more reversal animations, preferably ones that don't involve you knocking your opponent down to the mat. I like it when you can reverse a move and immediately hit a finisher (For example, ducking under a Superkick and immediately hitting an RKO looks amazing). Give us more opportunities to hit out finishers out of nowhere instead of just picks my our opponents up and hitting the finisher or doing the wake up taunts.

Also... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK CREATE-A-STORY MODE!!!!!!!!!!

I spent by far the most time in that mode when it was a feature and it was infinitely more fun than Universe mode. And with the amount of options for Edit-A-Superstar that we have now you could do some really awesome stories. If 2K included a good Create-A-Story mode in 2K18 along with the rest of the current creation options then that would automatically make it the best WWE game ever for me.

they could all the create a story scenes were put into create a video

Definitely match creator back.

I would also like more customisation with the title belts:

1. The ability to add a stipulation to a championship (hardcore, cage, HIAC etc.) or whether they'll be defended on a weekly basis or on PPV or both in Universe.

2. The ability to make mixed gender tag titles and six man tag titles.

I think there should be a rating system for shows. To see weather a feud is hot or not. Say for example the more wins/good promos leading up to the PPV. (As you could do jobber matches to keep them strong) The better the PPV does. If you just skip to the next ppv. Then the result could end differently.

I would like if they used the old GM Mode format from SVR 06. Where it keeps getting thumbs up until it gets rejected but also still has cutscenes like current universe mode

I want to be able to include women in my stables in Universe mode,

I want to be able to assign managers in universe mode

I should be able to include those custome video cutscenes in universe mode

or just give me a really good career mode where all of the actors have voices and I have a little more control on how I want my character to turn out. They also need to just improve that mode all around not enough happens. And there needs to be an option that allows me to choose if I want to be in a tag team and who I want my partner to be.

other than that

-custom entrance music

- custom matches

- completely revise the commentary, I mean how is nba 2k commentary so good but this games is so stale?

A setting for Ppv role play where pins only go to 3, when a special ie finisher has been hit. Other than that, when you're pinned or pin doesn't go past 2. Maybe exclude roll ups so they can work? Because in real life, unless a squash.. A wrestler is NEVER pinned 123 mid match or even near the end, unless a finisher etc. It's unrealistic to the role play aspect anyway... And annoying. Amount of great matches I've had end because I couldn't get out a pin from a non special, so restarted.. Lol

Or a button we can press when pinning ie up directional, to make the opponent kick out. When pressing L1 to let go is unrealistic.. They just get up or lift em..

Match creator would help keep things fresh. It would be cool if they really went all out with it and allowed some crazy match stips even if they are semi-unrealistic (ie: TLC in an Elimination Chamber)

The ability to stop a taunt. How we've progressed all these years while still being unable to do that is beyond me. Wanna talk about the realism and flow of matches? Nothing kills that faster than having your opponent hit you because your character is in the middle of a long taunt.

The option of deleting PPVs so we don't have to use one every month.

The ability to assign at least one automatic manager to a superstar in universe mode.

I would like managers to be available in all match types that the six characters on screen limit has not already been maxed out, as it is really annoying that we can only use managers in a couple of matches right now.

i would like custom music, improved customization in champion entrances/Tag Entrances and the ability to use custom areas exhibition matches it majorly sucks that they can only be used in universe mode-after all these years i still do not use this feature as i find the loading times tedious and nothing interesting ever seems to happen in my opinion, but regardless of your opinion on universe mode why should custom arenas be confined to that specific mode.

i think interference would also improve exhibition mode.

The latter two things should be easy enough to implement and improve the game significantly for those who just want to pick up the game and have a quick play..

Archived