Stranger Things

Jmerc

The host for Beyond Stranger Things is annoying as shit. I really don't care that this dude is blatantly gay...but I don't know why people seem to lean towards gay dudes to host things. The whole chatty "girl talk" aspect that he brings to the table is really irksome to me. That said...shitty host aside, it's fun to see the cast interacting more...and to learn more about the process of making the show.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree he's annoying and a shitty host but it's not the gay/girl talk aspect. He's just obnoxious with his jokes and loves repeating the word "sequel". I hope they use someone like Sean Astin or Wynonna Ryder as the host for the Season 3 edition.

The show itself is cool and it's great to know easter eggs, original plans and seeing cast&crew interacting as they discuss their filming experiences and feelings about characters and story.

Anybody else almost tear up a few times? This show tugged at heart strings I didnt know I had. This show man...this show.

Definitely. But always in a happy sense. There was nothing in there that made me sad or depressed...just stuff that made me go "awwwww shit". :lol:

The duo of Eleven and Hopper was really emotional for me. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

My older sister full on cried at the end at the snowball dance. She was psyched they all finally got a happy ending after all the traumatic shit.

Almost happened there for me as well. I just resonate with the characters so damn much.

Anybody else almost tear up a few times? This show tugged at heart strings I didnt know I had. This show man...this show.

Definitely. But always in a happy sense. There was nothing in there that made me sad or depressed...just stuff that made me go "awwwww shit". :lol:

The duo of Eleven and Hopper was really emotional for me. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Same. Alright. Ill be honest.

I did shed a tear during a certain car ride.

Show's gonna get weird if it keeps going even when the kids stop being kids. But I'm all for it. :lol: The show runners have proven with Season 2 that they aren't just pushing product to fluff the series...so they can keep making new seasons indefinitely for all I care...

Especially with this whole "Akira" vibe that we have with the other numbers. They could make an entire spinoff from that. I kinda hope they do.

Question

Is the upside down linked to Eleven's powers, if so are they also linked to her sisters powers? Because if they are I can see Will developing powers in the next season and maybe thats what its about?

Question

Is the upside down linked to Eleven's powers, if so are they also linked to her sisters powers? Because if they are I can see Will developing powers in the next season and maybe thats what its about?

Umm...I don't think the upside down works like that, tbh.

I think you just have this alternate universe (the upside down)...and you have Eleven...and she opened the gate to the upside down (because the people studying her wanted to see how powerful her psychic abilities were). And you just have this random universe that she punched a hole into with her psychic powers. I don't think there's any sort of intrinsic link between the upside down and Eleven...I don't even think the Hawkins lab people wanted to open the upside down, specifically, I'm pretty sure it could have just as easily been a universe where everything is made of chocolate. Lol. At its core, I think Stranger Things is supposed to be a show about the powers of Eleven (and the other numbers)...the upside down was more like this introductory story to be like "look...everything is batshit crazy, and the organization that abused Eleven was into some crazy shit".

I had no idea how they were going to follow up season 1, but they did it and they did it very well IMO. They made the world bigger whilst still keeping it a contained story and that is very hard to do.

- Its nice to see Sean Astin in something.

- Hopper is still great, I look forward to see how that actor does as Hellboy.

- I did not care much for the outcast punk storyline. The girl who play Kali annoyed me, she could not decide what accent she wanted to speak with. I understand its inportance to Elevens story though.

- The metal head brother was a bit of a pointless inclusion, but I suppose it gives Max more depth as a character.

- Nancy is damn beautiful.

Question

I dont think they are connected. I believe we are still yet to learn how she got her powers? Same with Kali although I am sure years of lab experiments are the cause. Still, there is a lot more for them to explore there which I think will be a part of (or even the focus) a future season. I think the Upside Down is a separate antagonistic thing to show that this universe isnt just some kids with superpowers.

The showrunners only planned to make one season. However, that changed due to it being so successful.

They still insist that they dont want it to go 7 or 8. The plan is to cut it off around 5 tops.

Source: Them on a podcast released last Thursday.

On Beyond Stranger Things they said they began working on Season 2 before Season 1 was released.

Archived