Stranger Things

Jmerc

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished. Enjoyed it a lot! I think it was noticeably worse than the first season, but the characters were so strong that they carried the ship to a smooth landing. I don't think they pulled off the jump in scale flawlessly. But the tension is real because you love every character. I'd describe a lot of moments in this series as "ass-clenchingly tense".

So yeah, a lot of fun watching thing. I think episode 7 was the only noticeable dip in quality.

Just finished. Enjoyed it a lot! I think it was noticeably worse than the first season, but the characters were so strong that they carried the ship to a smooth landing. I don't think they pulled off the jump in scale flawlessly. But the tension is real because you love every character. I'd describe a lot of moments in this series as "ass-clenchingly tense".

So yeah, a lot of fun watching thing. I think episode 7 was the only noticeable dip in quality.

Yeah, Episode 7 was the only one I had any kind of problem with. With the exception of Eleven/Jane I hated every person in it. I understood the premise of it but the other characters just bring it down.

I just think my biggest gripe is that it just felt like a totally different show. It killed some of the momentum they had built up. And yeah it was a very jarring shift to move from the comfort of all these characters we know and love to a whole episode with completely new characters who aren't likable. It certainly succeeds in creating an effect on the viewer similar to the effect it would possibly have on Eleven, but it think if it had to happen, pacing-wise it shouldn't have happened so close to the climax.

I really have no idea how they're going to set up season 3 though

Only two episodes in but god I love Sean Astin. Wish he could get more work he's so instantly lovable. He does a great job at playing a dork in this.

He does but that the role he always plays he always type cast prob why doesnt get cast more

Watched 5 episodes last night, probably get 3 in before work...will have to watch the final episode when I get home later. Screw it, just gonna cram the last episode in up to the last minute.

Episode 7:

Eleven reuniting with her sister was some great shit. And Stranger Things is officially doing mutants better than Marvel at this point...

Episode 8:

They had to kill Bob, didn't they? Dammit...it's Barb all over again. Lol.

*censored*ing hell, this show delivers yet again.

- The entire cast was so good!!

- Steve just went way up in my like list, *Censored* Billy

- Bob was such an innocent character :(

- Clearly season 3's gonna focus on Eleven and her sister and the "father", I didn't really mind Episode 7 but it did feel like a different show

- Max >, wish we saw her and Eleven make amends lol.

Kinda feel like they're going to reveal that Max has powers too...because there's just something pointless about her character otherwise. I mean, yeah...it was a nice little plot point...give the kids a new friend. But, why? And it could explain why she was able to get the high score in the arcade games...maybe she can slow time or something. She also called herself a "zoomer"...and there was the part when they lost track of her when they were first spying on her, and then she was walking up the steps on the other side of the schoolyard. So, that's three strikes in favor of her being able to move around like the Flash or something...and we know that she has a divorced/widowed mother who remarried (another detail that would seem pointless otherwise).

Shit...now I need to watch the whole season again to see if there's anything more solid to this...

So glad I decided to stretch this out the whole weekend, loved every second of this season. Well, eh, episode 7 not so much lol.

Also, I'm never gonna look at the new red ranger the same again. I *censored*ing hate him lmao.

She just reacted in a way that made it seem that al of that was out of the realm of possibility. They could give her powers with the explanation that she was lying, but that'd be some pretty shit writing/storytelling.

Meh...I don't see your angle in saying that it's "completely out of the realm of possibility"...but it's really not worth discussing any further. She's a random character either way, though...something feels off about her.

Archived