Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XI

Lunchbox

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually New Day is a great example of fans turning on them when the company chose to keep the belts on them to break that record because of Demolitions suing the company.

Nobody stays over if the company makes bad decisions with their booking that fans do not agree with.

The man is old and has no business winning the title. He doesn't need it and neither does his 3rd match with Brock.

He has no business wrestling further in the first place. If someone is as bad as he is now, they shouldn't be anywhere near the ring. There shouldn't be a third match with Brock, with or without the title on the line.

Nobody stays over if the company makes bad decisions with their booking that fans do not agree with.

The man is old and has no business winning the title. He doesn't need it and neither does his 3rd match with Brock.

He has no business wrestling further in the first place. If someone is as bad as he is now, they shouldn't be anywhere near the ring. There shouldn't be a third match with Brock, with or without the title on the line.

yeah I wish he'd just did the one match and called it a career to be honest.

Daniel Bryan.

The New Day are the most over guys on RAW and they haven't turned on them. Goldberg isn't.

Lol are you really saying New Day are more over than Goldberg?

Yes I am what's so hard to understand about that? People chant Goldberg's name, cool, but he's a short lived attraction. New Day are more over by the fact that they've got sustainability and have remained over for well over a year. That's literally all I mean.

Stop looking for reasons to pick apart what I said makes perfect sense.

Daniel Bryan.

Bryan wasn't past his prime though so its really not the samething. Putting the title on Goldberg at his age is just a bad move.

1. He's old so he could get hurt and they'd likely not use him much to avoid that at all costs so there'd be no world title on Raw on stretches of the show much like when Rock won it.

I swear people are so cynical on this website, it's unhealthy.

Goldberg is back in WWE and going for a major title, that's awesome. I don't care if the guys "old", he's still in amazing shape and is believable as a threat. Therefore he serves his purpose. I have absolutely no problem with him taking the title off Owens and defending it to Lesnar at WrestleMania.

People need to stop picking apart every decision WWE makes like some kind of analyst and just enjoy the product as a fan. Goldbergs win over Lesnar at Survivor Series was the most shocking moment since Lesnar broke the streak. It's a moment fans will always remember. And it's set up a great story for Lesnar vs Goldberg at WrestleMania, and I can't wait.

But anyway, not so much an opinion but just something I'm unsure about... What's with all the hype behind Mustafa Ali? People are acting like he's a huge star, but I don't really see anything that sets him apart from the other Cruiserweights.

I'd love to see Bill Goldberg get a final title run - I'm more disappointed it's to re-establish Lesnar, rather than giving a younger star a rub. Would be nice to see a real battle between Brock and Goldberg though, hopefully more than spamming suplexes.

The New Day are the most over guys on RAW and they haven't turned on them. Goldberg isn't.

Yes I am what's so hard to understand about that? People chant Goldberg's name, cool, but he's a short lived attraction. New Day are more over by the fact that they've got sustainability and have remained over for well over a year. That's literally all I mean.

Ok, you're allowed to believe that. You're wrong, but that's cool.

Goldberg is back in WWE and going for a major title, that's awesome. I don't care if the guys "old", he's still in amazing shape and is believable as a threat. Therefore he serves his purpose. I have absolutely no problem with him taking the title off Owens and defending it to Lesnar at WrestleMania.

People need to stop picking apart every decision WWE makes like some kind of analyst and just enjoy the product as a fan. Goldbergs win over Lesnar at Survivor Series was the most shocking moment since Lesnar broke the streak. It's a moment fans will always remember. And it's set up a great story for Lesnar vs Goldberg at WrestleMania, and I can't wait.

But anyway, not so much an opinion but just something I'm unsure about... What's with all the hype behind Mustafa Ali? People are acting like he's a huge star, but I don't really see anything that sets him apart from the other Cruiserweights.

Him being old isn't the problem, it's him being dreadful in the ring. Stop passing off valid criticism as "cynicism" just for the heck of it. He doesn't belong in the ring in 2017. He's up there with the Stings and Ric Flairs. Their bodies are done. He may look in "amazing shape" but you don't need to be an expert to see he can't go anymore in the ring. How anyone can defend the idea of Goldberg vs. Lesnar in 2017 is beyond me. Might as well just bring back Hogan and Sting and book them in the main event of WrestleMania, will certainly be an "epic moment" since they both were huge stars back in the day. I mean, who cares if they both are a *censored*ing mess and their match would be a trainwreck, right?

And he should take the title off Owens... why? What has he done to warrant that reward? Just because he's Goldberg and he used to be a big deal doesn't mean you can hold on to his star power forever. He's done. He's finished. Survivor Series was a great moment for the shock value, but that's about it. It's overkill to continue booking him for no reason other than the fact that he was hit shit in the 90s. Wrestling has moved on and people are valid with their gripes over him wrestling Lesnar again at the same event THIRTEEN years later, let alone the possibility that he could enter the match as the Universal Champion.

People aren't "cynical" for no reason, acting like it's essentially a bad thing to be against it is pretty impractical though. If anything, actually justifying them both facing each other in one of the premier matches at WrestleMania in 2017 is what is mind-boggling.

LOL what hype? Noone is talking about him.

Ok, you're allowed to believe that. You're wrong, but that's cool.

So you don't think the New Day aren't the most consistently over part of RAW? You're a *censored*ing moron if you can't see that.

Actually look who I'm talking too nvm

LOL what hype? Noone is talking about him.

I often see people marking out over him in the show discussion thread, especially when he debuted. Generations in particular seems to be a big fan.

And as for the Goldberg thing... Hes competed twice in the ring since returning, both times have only been for a matter of minutes. Therefore I don't see any possible way how you could know if he can still "go" or not.

Goldberg had 2 minute squash matches all the time in his prime, WWE are just booking him that way as a throwback to his former glory. There's a good chance his match at WrestleMania will be a little longer. If he goes longer than 10 minutes and collapses in a heap in the middle of the ring, then you can come on the internet and harp on about how he "can't go". Until then, Goldberg has been very entertaining since his return.

And also, you shouldn't look at holding the Universal title as a "reward". Yes, all wrestlers dream on holding the top title, but at the end of the day all titles are just a prop to further the story telling, they're not always necessarily a "reward". And limiting the storyline progression on a TV show just because you don't think one of the characters "deserves" to hold a title belt is just stupid.

I'm just saying... it sounds like you're looking far too much into this wrestling show on TV, as if you have some kind of personal stock in it or something. Is Goldberg old? Yes. Is he in as good a shape as he was in 20 years ago? No. Do I care? Absolutely not, because I still find it entertaining to watch, and I'll be marking out like a 12 year old kid when he defends the Universal title against Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. Stop worrying about "this guy can't go any more" or "this guy doesn't deserve this title". Cheer for who you like and boo for who you don't like. It's much more fun that way.

Goldberg doesn't need the title. It's just going to make fans turn on him.

No it won't. People need to get a grip. Goldberg is over to the live crowd whether people like it or not. He's one of the most over guys in WWE, in fact.

Fans reactions can have changed once the WWE made decisions in a stars progress that they don't agree with, and I feel that putting the title on Goldberg would do that.

Putting the belt on one of the most over guys in the company would turn people against him? Highly doubtful.

I get what you're saying and I agree with Goldberg being over with the live crowd, but under the right circumstances, i.e. enough (for the lack fo a better term) smarks at Fastlane and Owens of all people getting squashed by Goldberg could definitely evoke a hostile reaction like that. It's a delicate situation and if they're not careful enough with it, I can definitely see Goldberg winning the title getting booed.

There's a reason his time in the Rumble was short, Perfect 10. Did you not see his performance? Did you notice how he was safely guided over the ring ropes by Taker?

He doesn't seem ring-ready. I don't care that he's 50. I was excited the first night he came back. I loved the first Lesnar squash. But there's no excitement for me if he's super limited...

Archived