A small glimpse into my science fantasy novel.

Exorcism

I've been working on my science fantasy novel, The Powers Cataclysmic for years. The overall gist of the first book is why shadowy forces, namely Lord Eivion, is pursuing an Eschaton Potential named Thastra Navarrs and other Eschaton Potentials like him. Thastra's relative Arveias, an Exorcist named Dr. Johnas Moorekase, and others must prove the forces that are destroying the Potentials, beings Lord Neraos Ahrihaman needs for his final rejuvenation.

The anti heroic Thastra's journey would begin on Earth and would span part of the universe.

The series is set on Earth, over fifty thousand years into the future where most people have or can have DBZ/DBS like insane power levels and can fly. Thastra starts out with no powers though. He starts out weak.The Earth is strange, yet familiar as it has been reconstructed. A pseudo-utopian, crypto-dystopian world. It's a book that tries to mix science fiction and epic fantasy, along with some anime, superhero, cyberpunk, supernatural, horror, magic, and paranormal concepts.

Thankfully for me I guess, an editor is looking at my work and thinks this can actually work. Feedback welcome, but not criticism just yet.

Yeah, the names are a bit out there, but then again, the entire book is rather over the top. Anyway, although the book is set far into the future, the name of the main character (Thastra) is loosely influenced by Persian legends, namely a heroic figure named Thraetaona/Thraetaonas/Feraydun.

Hey, the way you wording the intro paragraph threw me off a bit. The way I'm reading it, it seems like the Exorcist, Arveias, and company are using the Potentials to revive (rejuvenate) this Ahrihaman guy and Elvion is eliminating them because he doesn't want that to happen. Is that correct?

I was half asleep when I wrote that out. Actually, I plan on going to bed soon.

The Exorcist, Thastra the main protagonist, Arveias and company are trying to prevent Neraos's rejuvenation, or at least mitigate its effects. Eivion is the primary threat of the first book, while Neraos Ahrihaman is the main antagonist of the series. Eivion sees Potentials like Thastra as a threat to the greater good and wants to convince Neraos that the Potentials are not the way for them to take over the Council and the universes (and not the way to fulfill Neraos's final rejuvenation). Neraos allows Eivion to oppose and even attack the Potentials. Basically, Neraos is Lucifer and the god Ahriman in one being. He is known as the Lord of Brilliance and Darkness. Although the story sounds black and white at first glance, Neraos wants to genuinely save those he feels are cast out of society, and wants to punish the rest for all of their "evil deeds and hearts." The Exorcists et al, however, want to help as many people as they can, though each of the protagonists and supporting characters have various agendas in mind.

TLDR;

Johnas, the other Exorcists, Thastra and Arveias are the protagonists. Thastra is the main protagonist.

Neraos and Eivion are the antagonists, Eivion and Neraos don't always see eye to eye, Eivion is Neraos's subordinate. Eivion doesn't believe the path to Neraos's rejuvenation should be through the Eschaton Potentials and thinks the Potentials are a threat. Although they disagree, Eivion has Neraos's best interests in mind.

In the first book, Eivion is the more active antagonist and Neraos is more in the background.

I typed this out on my iPad so the textual quality is not the best. I hope to show more details some time in the future.

• 5 months later...

Sorry I haven't been able to provide more information about my story, as an editor has been looking at the structural and substantive aspects. I also decided to change the MC's name to Thrastara, as that name seems to have a close tie in to the Persian deity Mithra.

• 3 months later...

Seeing that the "CAW" renditions of my OC's don't really get viewed by others in the misc CAW forums, I may as well include them in this thread for reference when I have the chance. I'm starting to realize the Miscellaneous forum is only for original pro-wrestlers, actual celebrities and established fictional characters, not original characters who aren't wrestlers.

Here's a basic idea of Doc Johnas's physical appearance:

2585b1s.jpg

353dy04.jpg

2cr6mpw.jpg

t4v30o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, the average height of people in the future in my novel are seven and a half feet tall. Exorcist Doctors can go as high as over fourteen feet tall, of which Johnas is. :P

Thrastara in the first novel is shorter than average at around six feet tall.

Ive included images of Thrastara and Johnas.

*******(Please note I had the artwork commissioned as Im still working on my art skills. Art by HuyBe.).*******

Thrastara Navarra, as he looks on the cover art.

24ch2k3.jpg

Thrastara Navarra and Dr. Johnas Moorekase

whxtz8.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Archived