National Parks & Historic Sites tour

Creepy Bro

Thanks!

This may sound stupid, but the penguin pic, that's a picture behind the penguins, correct? lmao

The million penguin march? It's actually a mural that was painted on a wall inside of the penguin house. Looked cool to me, so I snapped a picture of it.

• 1 month later...

The trip started in New Orleans last Friday, before we hit the road Monday morning, more or less for a multi-state/round trip "circle" back into New Orleans on Friday, March 31st...

gaf35jsl.jpg

jbx6gChl.jpg

Ct9GGgEl.jpg

34av7N3l.jpg

T9k1CmZl.jpg

RmRu1RBl.jpg

PYabtj2l.jpg

ruqbxC2l.jpg

lgblmSvl.jpg

807aI18l.jpg

parBW4Gl.jpg

lgB05E4l.jpg

XziA2lOl.jpg

After spending all of Saturday walking around New Orleans in a drunken stupor, we hit the road on Sunday to knock out another few National Park Service historical sites... the Chalmette Battlefield (site of the battle of New Orleans) & the Chalmette National Cemetery in Louisiana - along with the Gulf Shore National Seashore that's located on the gulf coast in Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.

EpdTwtfl.jpg

Thought it was odd seeing a tree growing through several Civil War era tombstones near the middle of the large cemetery...

fBqiUEbl.jpg

This is where we started driving east, along the gulf coastline of Mississippi and Alabama...

FsriaUQl.jpg

d5HYRHPl.jpg

This picture was too funny, glad I noticed it & snapped a picture as we were leaving the Gulf Islands Seashore visitor's park...

iiiZENll.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another pin for our National Parks & Historic Sites map at home... visited the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site over in West Branch, Iowa this past weekend. Here are a few quick pictures that I took during our visit:

cxyvpJTl.jpg

This is the only statue on the property, one of Isis - the goddess of life. The statue was donated by a committee of Belgian school children, Belgian refugees, and soldiers of the Belgian army.

gNR86DOl.jpg

b4ngAmql.jpg

Some basic pictures from the exhibits that are inside of the Presidential Library-Museum:

UTSPq6Tl.jpg

9MPlRmIl.jpg

F2OVA1al.jpg

C2hUOpdl.jpg

I really liked this picture from the exhibit, considering it was only a few months ago when he visited the Harry S. Truman Historic Site down in Missouri...

gVQqLG9l.jpg

• 1 month later...

Took a road trip west into Iowa yesterday, to put another pin in our "National Parks/National Historic Sites" map that we have displayed on the wall at home. It was damn near 94 degrees yesterday, so I'm glad we brought plenty of water along on this road trip across the border.

From the Effigy Mounds National Monument...

FfAoObNl.jpg

From the 'Fire Point' lookout, after a somewhat strenuous hike up an otherwise steep incline... from this view, that would be looking south down the Mississippi River.

9mWhUxrl.jpg

Looking east across the Mississippi River...

1gppZu9l.jpg

Yellow River bird conservation...

Q0vdk2Tl.jpg

Effigy Mounds preservation reminder, for the slow ones in attendance...

DaKmosml.jpg

Archived