National Parks & Historic Sites tour

Creepy Bro

Last March, we went on a National Parks roadtrip, which started in Las Vegas...

Khy5t0tl.jpg

Then we drove out to Joshua Tree National Park in California...

xOQZ7Hal.jpg

AqduLtJl.jpg

From there we went back to Vegas for the night, and made out way out to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon NAtional Park... here's a picture of Thor's Hammer from Bryce Canyon...

jHTqzrFl.jpg

Later in the year, we took a road trip down to Kentucky, to hit up Mammoth Cave National Park...

PNAHA9wl.jpg

SFi62QTl.jpg

QroLXarl.jpg

To be continued...

Yeah, for simply being a "large hole in the ground"... overall, it was an enjoyable visit. We were there over Memorial Day weekend, so the blast of cold air funneling out of the cave entrance was a nice break from the heat that surrounded the cave entrance.

Definitely worth a visit, IMHO...

In August 2016, we traveled to the upper peninsula in Michigan to go visit Isle Royale National Park... it's currently one of my favorite National Parks (Rocky Mountain NP would be a close second), simply because it's not an easy park to visit.

First, there was the three hour boat trip to go 50 miles north of Copper Harbor, Michigan:

4CUye6Jl.jpg

A picture of Lake Superior from the side of the boat, between Copper Harbor and Isle Royale:

IUoR9vtl.jpg

asTG5Ytl.jpg

Great view facing south, from the balcony of the cabin that we stayed in:

lZamQT7l.jpg

Great view of the sunrise, facing east from the balcony of our cabin:

uOqNbUil.jpg

On our last day there, we took a guided tour of Passage Island, which is slightly northeast of Isle Royale. The park ranger told our group that this was a Monk's Hood plant, and it's one of the more poisonous plants in existence:

BDlDSekl.jpg

Ahh, sometimes I'm perfectly fine being in the UK, then I see stuff like this that makes me totally jealous I'm not in the States. Awesome shots, really shows the beautiful side of America. Looks like you musta had an awesome trip!

Btw, no offense but I can't stop thinking of this when I see you(?) in that pic.

No offense taken, I've heard worse comparisons before. Yeah, that is a picture of me in front of the Skull Rock sign.

@PaperThinWalls - Thanks.... color me surprised that sunrise picture turned out so well, I had just rolled out of bed before taking it - so I was still 1/2 asleep.

In September, we took a road trip out to Ohio to visit Cuyahoga National Park... which is a bit south of Cleveland.

wFwrZAel.jpg

We hauled our bikes along with us, just to ride the trails that are within this National Park...

8poMBXLl.jpg

Selfie/break time from riding those trails...

LB4YNvyl.jpg

Then we made a stop to see the Brandywine waterfall that's a popular stop within the park's boundaries...

8VvDaV1l.jpg

Next stop... photos from our trip to Maine in October, when we visited Acadia National Park.

Greetings from Acadia National Park...

iSzzZz3l.jpg

Picture from the highest elevation in the park...

suNSoxXl.jpg

I use this picture as the wallpaper on my cell phone quite often...

1bBUE8Al.jpg

Looking out towards the Atlantic Ocean...

rtIyQr6l.jpg

Making our way out of the park, on the way to Bar Harbor for some lobstah...

Eoomttyl.jpg

Without a doubt, this is the largest lobstah that I've ever tried eating:

2KkgMLal.jpg

Nice pics. Makes me feel like posting my own outdoor adventures. Have you visited any other places in Southern California?

Only places in southern California that we've been to so far have been Joshua Tree National Park and San Diego.

So this isn't technically a National Park, but it's a part of the National Park service. The wife and I took a road trip with a few friends this past weekend, and headed west to put a few more pins in our "National Parks" map that hangs on the wall at home. On our way back home yesterday, we visited Truman's Home & the Harry S. Truman library/museum located in Independence, Missouri.

Truman's Home... which coincidentally, is normally closed on Mondays. *sad face*

c6jRvfIl.jpg

From the Harry S. Truman museum/library....

FNo70xSl.jpg

A recreation of how the Oval Office in the White House appeared during his presidency:

rindMDGl.jpg

E4yIafsl.jpg

Best friends forever...

5IKxbvZl.jpg

Sunday, we visited the Kansas City Zoo before grabbing some BBQ for dinner... definitely one of the best zoos I have ever visited. Hope we get to see the San Diego Zoo sometime in the near future, just for comparison's sake.

WXjNXpCl.jpg

6L0NNIgl.jpg

3RINvkFl.jpg

NJdSPmdl.jpg

mWgSEB2l.jpg

m9M3bDjl.jpg

iUnuqPrl.jpg

qwSHDekl.jpg

KU06Reel.jpg

Wd1lh4Yl.jpg

Archived